Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what do we know about SugarHill Steward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Based on a sample size of 1 it does look like it worked.

Between SugarHill and Andy Lee they were able to add some Kronk magic to Fury's game.
    Yeah, when did Fury add Andy Lee to his camp? Since when is Lee a trainer? I always thought Fury hung with BJS

Comment

Originally posted by miniq View Post
      The fighter is more important than the trainer, 99% more important.
      Originally posted by NORMNEALON View Post
      I think Tyson will look good with any trainer when hes fighting top fighters . I agree with the poster above that the trainer isnt going to make a massive difference especially in one fight.
      Well, yeah, you can’t polish a turd, but a good trainer makes a definite difference in how well prepared a fighter is. This is especially important versus top opposition, where any edge can make an impact. Many great fighters have been associated with their trainers: Duran/Arcel; Frazier/Futch; Ali/Dundee; Leonard/Dundee; Pacquiao/Roach. It’s no coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard G View Post
        Apparently Fury went to Sugar Hill with a specific need in mind, to fix the holes in his offence. Looks like it worked.
        Fury rightly surmised that he had to take a different, more aggressive approach to Wilder after the first fight. He couldn’t leave it in the hands of the judges again. Tyson likes to be a “slick, boxer-type” (his words), who tends to outpoint his rivals. It got him a draw where he should’ve won in the first fight, and almost got him KOed. In the rematch, Fury “sat down on his punches” (his words again) and caused the kind of damage a man his size is capable of.

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
          Yeah, when did Fury add Andy Lee to his camp? Since when is Lee a trainer? I always thought Fury hung with BJS
          Fury and Andy Lee are related. Their grandmothers are sisters or cousins, i can’t remember which. That’s how Fury originally ended up at Kronk and living with Steward for a month, when Andy Lee lived with him too.

Also, Andy Lee joined this camp. Fury called Andy Lee first to discuss new trainers, and they decided on Sugar Hill.

BJS and Andy Lee are friendly. Although they fought, there was never any trash talk or anything. The whole build up to the fight was respectful. Saunders was just his mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
            Fury and Andy Lee are related. Their grandmothers are sisters or cousins, i can’t remember which. That’s how Fury originally ended up at Kronk and living with Steward for a month, when Andy Lee lived with him too.

Also, Andy Lee joined this camp. Fury called Andy Lee first to discuss new trainers, and they decided on Sugar Hill.

BJS and Andy Lee are friendly. Although they fought, there was never any trash talk or anything. The whole build up to the fight was respectful. Saunders was just his mandatory.
            Tyson Fury and Andy Lee are cousins!...

Comment

Working...
            X