Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what do we know about SugarHill Steward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what do we know about SugarHill Steward?

He is Emmanuel Steward's nephew and flies the Kronk colors.

Wladimir Klitschko trained under Emmanuel but when he passed away Klitschko turned to Jonathon Banks to continue the legacy, not SugarHill.

Just how good of a trainer is he? How much of Emmanuel's knowledge is he able to carry on?

This thread will be interesting I was thinking the same thing when fury took sugar on . I admittingly haven't done much digging, but you just motivated me . I'll be back with some juice haha . Great reference with wlads choice to use banks instead .

Comment

I know his last name wasn't Steward until about 5 minutes ago when he decided it would be good for buisness.

Comment

I really cant find much . Would be cool if some posters had more info than the obvious. We all know javan had Stevenson his most noted pupil ,. He trained anthony dirrell his only other world champion. And he had Charles martin . He also seconded for andy lee . Which is why he linked up with fury . Fury seems to have gelled well with javan back in 2010 . I dont think he cares about name as evidence in his choice to work with ben Davidson . I believe fury wanted davidson to share the role with sugar and Davidson felt that was a step backwards. Anyways I know this thread isnt about the link up with fury but that besides taking over superman is the highlight of sugars career . Not to say accomplishments mean everything he could prove to be a top trainer within a year if fury looks amazing . But for now he is highly unproven as a top tier trainer but his credentials do mean something and the potential is there let's see how it plays out . I'll be rooting for kronk . Manny was a legend . But sugar has some BIG shoes to fill keeping that name alive

Comment

The fighter is more important than the trainer, 99% more important.

Kronk is just mind games as much as it is good timing,

Ben had nothing left to teach Fury who is almost a complete package so he went for something new and fresh.

Who do you think cornered Wilder when he got KTFO by Wlad in 2011 in camp? Yeah you guess it. Kronk's motto has always been "We like KO's". Fury isn't going to get a KO unless Wilder gases himself out. It's all mental warfare which Wilder is losing DESPERATLY.

When Tyson Fury 260 pounds 6'8" of him is standing across you in the ring wearing them bright yellow KRONK shorts it won't be water off a duck's back for Wilder, He will be nervous.

Wilder is either in a state of over-cautious or wild. That's not how you win boxing matches. Fury is playing the mind games again.
          Last edited by miniq; 01-17-2020, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NORMNEALON View Post
            I really cant find much . Would be cool if some posters had more info than the obvious. We all know javan had Stevenson his most noted pupil ,. He trained anthony dirrell his only other world champion. And he had Charles martin . He also seconded for andy lee . Which is why he linked up with fury . Fury seems to have gelled well with javan back in 2010 . I dont think he cares about name as evidence in his choice to work with ben Davidson . I believe fury wanted davidson to share the role with sugar and Davidson felt that was a step backwards. Anyways I know this thread isnt about the link up with fury but that besides taking over superman is the highlight of sugars career . Not to say accomplishments mean everything he could prove to be a top trainer within a year if fury looks amazing . But for now he is highly unproven as a top tier trainer but his credentials do mean something and the potential is there let's see how it plays out . I'll be rooting for kronk . Manny was a legend . But sugar has some BIG shoes to fill keeping that name alive
            Maybe between SugarHill and Andy Lee they can piece together enough of Manny's methodology to have some success.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Maybe between SugarHill and Andy Lee they can piece together enough of Manny's methodology to have some success.
              I think Tyson will look good with any trainer when hes fighting top fighters . I agree with the poster above that the trainer isnt going to make a massive difference especially in one fight . They need to do what fury does best . And I think between hill and lee they can figure out that much . If it ain't broke dont fix it , do what works and implement new things over time . Fury success in his next 3 fights if he stays with them will say alot to how " steward" is as a top trainer. Or trainer of top fighters. He did fine with steveson taking him over but that was a whole differnt ball game if he tries to turn fury into a one punch killer his quality fighters on his roster will ware very thin ,very fast .

Comment

He did do ok with Adonis Stevenson but that seems to be about it, the best name on his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  He is Emmanuel Steward's nephew and flies the Kronk colors.

Wladimir Klitschko trained under Emmanuel but when he passed away Klitschko turned to Jonathon Banks to continue the legacy, not SugarHill.

Just how good of a trainer is he? How much of Emmanuel's knowledge is he able to carry on?
                  - -Work in progress sorta like U compared to U Pops, Jellyroll.

Comment

He's alright. I don't think there is anything close to a Eddie Futch proteges Benton & Roach level of passed down info involved with Manny to Javan Hill (this cats name til about a month or two ago doe).

I kinda think Jon Banks would be a better representation of "Kronk" than Hill. But saying that idk that Manny had a protege like some other great trainers have so some of their info gets passed down. Or that's how I feel anyway maybe I think too highly of Manny or too low of the guys who were under him.

Comment

Working...
                    X