Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAZN/Hearn reek of desperation making all these “celebrity fights”.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But like I said before, I wouldn't mind if they didn't put real fights on these cards then I wouldn't have to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
      You don't think Tank should get a 1 fight deal to fight Farmer on DAZN collect the $$$ and belts then go back to his promoter like Ramirez did with Hooker ?
      hearn will want an option on tank if he wins...just like he did with mikey and hed do with charlo......that's the line theyd use to try to take one of them for good....and that's what hearn wants...he wants to get a pbc fighter over there and have them win, stage their next fight, and then hope he can convince them to stay

on the surface a one night 5 mil deal sounds great to fight farmer...cause im fairly certain tank wins.....but if it comes with an option? is that the best deal for tank? tanks already making 3 mil or so and hes headlining and hes selling 14k in tickets in multiple cities....all of farmers shows combined I don't think have sold 14k in tickets(sarcastic exaggeration but kinda serious)....

tank is progressing towards a ppv fight...you think he should kill that momentum for a couple of extra mil when hes already been building something? to fight a guy nobody knows or watches?

just not sensible

Comment

Its the opposite of desperate actually, its called smart business. Logan Paul vs KSI was the 5th most watched event on DAZN last year. It beat out several huge soccer games and every other boxing event besides AJ vs Ruiz rematch and Canelo vs Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
          ya...I don't care what anyone says....when you are having youtubers fight before guys like farmer its apparent something is wrong

yet people want tank davis, who is selling 12-14k in tickets in multiple cities, to go over and fight farmer for 5 million when hes already making around 3 per fight where people actually watch and are interested...
          In case you can't count 5 million is more money than 3 million. So why wouldn't Davis wanna fight Farmer?? .
          Unless his team isn't confident that Davis can beat farmer....??

Comment

I was fine with KSI vs Paul and thought it was a good decision. But now it seems like they want to make it a big part of their programming. Have Jake Paul going in this month and then possibly Logan Paul vs Antonio Brown in April. I rather them just put these guys on one card. I get the argument of wanting to bring some attention to other lesser known fighters, but I don't know how much that is actually helping them. Like is BJS any bigger now after being on a KSI/Paul card?

Overall, it's whatever to me. Doesn't both me too much.

Comment

hearn will want an option on tank if he wins...just like he did with mikey and hed do with charlo......that's the line theyd use to try to take one of them for good....and that's what hearn wants...he wants to get a pbc fighter over there and have them win, stage their next fight, and then hope he can convince them to stay

on the surface a one night 5 mil deal sounds great to fight farmer...cause im fairly certain tank wins.....but if it comes with an option? is that the best deal for tank? tanks already making 3 mil or so and hes headlining and hes selling 14k in tickets in multiple cities....all of farmers shows combined I don't think have sold 14k in tickets(sarcastic exaggeration but kinda serious)....

tank is progressing towards a ppv fight...you think he should kill that momentum for a couple of extra mil when hes already been building something? to fight a guy nobody knows or watches?

just not sensible
              Just like the option he had on Ramirez for fighting Hooker? Meaning...NONE! Get a grip peeeps. Enjoy the fact that many good fights are getting made and more dates are available for fighters to remain active. If a fighter wants to make a living and not take chances or accept slightly larger checks, that is on them. Period.

Comment

just not sensible
                I know Hearn might Try and attach a condition where Tank has to give them another fight on DAZN.
                But if it's a one off , no strings attached deal for 5 million. I think Tank should jump on it and call Hearns bluff like Arum and Ramirez did. It worked out pretty good for them.

About Tank progressing to PPV.
                I know Mayweather , Ellerbe and their people keep parroting the " Tank's a star " line. But me personally . I wouldn't pay to watch him Unless it's against Lomachenko and I'd still think twice about it.

If you see my prior posts I don't chose sides in the PBC / DAZN / Top Rank arguments.
                But I gotta admit. I'm tired of PBC trying to shove Any Good fights down our throats On PPV.

Comment

I’m torn with this one. This isn’t the first time we’ve had a wave of celebrity centered boxing matches. Part of me believes it will just come and go like all the ones from decades ago.

The other part of me is concerned with mixing them up with our boxers and even making these matches a priority/main event.

I’m afraid that the trend DAZN has initiated to draw potential subscribers in, is a destructive one. Perhaps they are hoping that some of these subscribers will hang around for the real fighters and fights, but maybe once the celebrity fights run its course (as it always does), then those short term subscribers may also jump ship as well. Then we’re back at square one.

I want boxing to be as popular as possible but I also want it to be respected and considered as perhaps the most serious of all the sports. I just don’t want to trade popularity for boxing’s soul.

Comment

remember Floyd Mayweather was ruining boxing with these kind of fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer213 View Post
                      In case you can't count 5 million is more money than 3 million. So why wouldn't Davis wanna fight Farmer?? .
                      Unless his team isn't confident that Davis can beat farmer....??
                      Its short money. Davis is building towards long money. Yeah its 2 million less in cash today but he losses 3 million or more dollars worth of future promotion going on a dead platform.

Comment

Working...
                      X