• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
    Yup
    I believe Canelo would knock him out
    GGG looks very fragile at this stage of his career
    Father Time has come a knocking , just sad that he wasted so much time chasing Canelo , actually quite sad
    Andrade, BJS, Charlo have been chasing Canelo for years sad thing is they wont fight each other.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      Do you consider this a logical, succinct argument? Or is it just a way to call people names for disagreeing with you? The only relevant point I see you trying to make, it that Golovkin's lack of variety indicates his lack of ring generalship. Of course, I would argue that ring generalship relates more to positioning and control of the ring, and since Golovkin seemingly controlled the center of the ring for the majority of the fight, that he was indeed the ring general. Just saying he misses punches is irrelevant. Just saying he didn't adjust is irrelevant.

no, ring generalship has nothing to do with the center of the ring, or with variety

ring generalship is your ability to control your opponent... inflicting your style/gameplan on the fight, and negating your opponents style/gameplan

the fact is, Golovkin could not get his game going in either of those fights

Cutting off the ring is not a scoring element, and therefore irrelevant.

If anything, I would argue that the fact Golovkin didn't KO Canelo, creates a mirage of Canelo doing better than he did.

I can't believe you said that

cutting off the ring is EXACTLY what Golovkin needed to do in that fight... and the point is, that was supposed to be his main strength... ring-generalship yo

the rounds that Canelo won, he won CLEARLY... in 5 of those rounds, all three judges awarded those 5 rounds to Canelo... which makes the guys who cry about a draw look pretty silly to me

dumbasses like Boxing1013 who insist that Golovkin won 9 rounds in that fight are simply exposing themselves

when Canelo CLEARLY outboxed Golovkin in 5 of those rounds, cutting off the ring is exactly what Golovkin needed to do... there is a damn good reason why Team Golovkin spent the next year of their lives demanding that Canelo stand and fight like a Mexican

following that fight... I have never heard so many fans vehemently proclaim that the judges were wrong, in their first sentence... and then prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that they have no idea how to score a fight, in the second sentence

that shlt was ridiculous

Comment

Golovkin won the first fight by four rounds. You have to be blinded by Canelo love not to see it.

Comment

He was stiffed by the judges in the first fight. 2nd was close, both guys had a case.

Comment

All Richardson says about the first fight is some people thought Alvarez ran, but he thought he boxed.
            About the 2nd fight , he says Alvarez edged it and the atmosphere of the fight was influenced by Alvarez coming forward and by the Mexican style story line.
            In other words Alvarez won the "narrative" of the 2nd fight.
            The facts are the judges saw two very close fights with no fighter dominating.
            As for a 3rd fight we know Alvarez's explanation of why he's ducking the fight continues to change, while it's pretty obvious that he knows time is on his side as he continues to avoid it.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              no, ring generalship has nothing to do with the center of the ring, or with variety

ring generalship is your ability to control your opponent... inflicting your style/gameplan on the fight, and negating your opponents style/gameplan

the fact is, Golovkin could not get his game going in either of those fights

I can't believe you said that

cutting off the ring is EXACTLY what Golovkin needed to do in that fight... and the point is, that was supposed to be his main strength... ring-generalship yo

the rounds that Canelo won, he won CLEARLY... in 5 of those rounds, all three judges awarded those 5 rounds to Canelo... which makes the guys who cry about a draw look pretty silly to me

dumbasses like Boxing1013 who insist that Golovkin won 9 rounds in that fight are simply exposing themselves

when Canelo CLEARLY outboxed Golovkin in 5 of those rounds, cutting off the ring is exactly what Golovkin needed to do... there is a damn good reason why Team Golovkin spent the next year of their lives demanding that Canelo stand and fight like a Mexican

following that fight... I have never heard so many fans vehemently proclaim that the judges were wrong, in their first sentence... and then prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that they have no idea how to score a fight, in the second sentence

that shlt was ridiculous
              There's a lot of superfluous dicta here that I'm not going to address. Speaking to the bold, are you contending that it was not Golovkin's plan to control the center of the ring? Are you contending that it was, in fact, Canelos plan to circle around the edge of the ring, and lay on the ropes, hoping for GGG to come in? And when GGG did not come in, isn't that evidence of Golovkin foiling Canelos game plan by not following Canelo?

The bottom line is that the poster I quoted isn't putting forth a logical argument to support his position. He's merely taking opportunity to call people names.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                No he ain’t your right
                But from what I’ve seen lately from GGG , I believe Canelo would knock him out
                Sergiy gave him a hell of a fight and we all saw what happened
                Sergey gave him one hell of a fight? Did you actually just type that? What fight were you watching that the rest of the world wasnt?!?! Smh, sorry bud, that was as boring of a fight as any I've seen, up until the dead man walking was ko'd.

Comment

I had Golo winning the 1st fight, 7-5. I had Saul winning the 2nd fight, 8-4.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    Golovkin won the first fight by four rounds. You have to be blinded by Canelo love not to see it.
                    You cant respond to these clowns. Literally 95+ percent or whatever it was of people AT the fight scored it for GGG.

Comment

Nobody pretends anything, the vast majority of fans, experts and fighters saw a clear Golovkin win. That's what actually happened.

Only a small minority of people thought a draw was justified and even less people thought Canelo won. Coincidentally, the vast majority of those people are named Hernandez, Gonzales, Garcia etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X