Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz Return is Eyed For Date in May or June

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He better get in the gym now if he wants to be ready by may. Probably pushing 300 by now. If he waits any longer he will be done.

Comment

I don't think this fat mofo is back from his vacation to the snickers factory from the 1st fight. It's sad really the 1st Mex champ in history his only real loss is to fkng food and partying. Just go be a fat fluffy pos boxing isn't for you.
      Last edited by lowblows420; 01-15-2020, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lowblows420 View Post
        I don't think this fat mofo is back from his vacation to the snickers factory from the 1st fight. It's sad really the 1st Mex champ in history his only real loss is to fkng food and partying. Just go be a fat fluffy pos boxing isn't for you.

he got some power and speed tho! if he was in shape he might have taken AJ out again

Comment

I rate Ruiz's punching ability, his ability to throw fast combos, but there's a big question mark over his committment -- if he couldn't motivate himself to train properly for his first title defence, how's he going to motivate himself for this comeback. Yes, it's a must-win in terms of resurrecting his reputation, but it's also going to be a much smaller fight than Joshua in the dunes for all those belts.

Comment

how much money did ruiz's 'people' have on joshua to win?

then when he is huge underdog he will win, yes he was underdog in the rematch again, but not huge.

things like this can happen in boxing, tennis, snooker etc. ruiz did not trai for rematch at all and the 'people' knew this making millions.

youd be happy putting 80k on someone and winning 120k right?

Comment

The ''Chris Arreola'' phase of his career to commence. ''Good'' enough to get chances, but never good enough.

Comment

Only thing I imagine Ruiz eyeing up is the buffet table and the tequila bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                  The ''Chris Arreola'' phase of his career to commence. ''Good'' enough to get chances, but never good enough.
                  So true!

At the very least, he was able to become the first Mexican HW champ. Some guys are good enough to become champions, but not good enough (or disciplined enough) to remain champ.

Green K!

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post
                    I rate Ruiz's punching ability, his ability to throw fast combos, but there's a big question mark over his committment -- if he couldn't motivate himself to train properly for his first title defence, how's he going to motivate himself for this comeback. Yes, it's a must-win in terms of resurrecting his reputation, but it's also going to be a much smaller fight than Joshua in the dunes for all those belts.
                    It's funny and factual at the same time. I watched him during the Mike Tyson Hot Boxin' podcast and he's struggled with commitment for a while now.

He said his dad took him to the gym as a kid and got him into boxing. As he became a teen, he started veering off and his dad had to ride around looking for him and berating him for "not training". Smh

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
                      So true!

At the very least, he was able to become the first Mexican HW champ. Some guys are good enough to become champions, but not good enough (or disciplined enough) to remain champ.

Green K!

@ the bold

Be the 1st dude without arms or 1st blind person to win a title and then you would have done something special

Comment

Working...
                      X