Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shane Mosley: Canelo is Fighter of Decade, Not Mayweather!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
    But do we really think Canelo would have any problem with GGG now?
    I honestly didn't expect Canelo to have any problem in the rematch. So who f#cking knows what goes down a 3rd time. I've been predicting GGG's demise in the 1st fight, the 2nd fight & the SD fight. Sh^t look what happened the 4th time Manny & JMM fought.

I think Canelo realizes that beating G now does nothing but add to the reputation that he built his name beating up big names past their prime. And if G is able to land a big punch and win, that would tarnish Canelo.
    Yea I can understand Canelo's side with this sorta thinking. He's up 1-0-1. If he loses it makes it split down the middle with a L being the most recent result so he's basically opening himself up for a 4th fight if he were to have a bad night extending things even longer.

If I was Canelo I'd probably be casually avoiding him for a year or two just to see if he gets knocked off or otherwise gets devalued as an opponent & Canelo can just fight the guy who beats GGG or new more exciting less grudge filled fights.

Comment

• Canelo will dominate this decade

Comment

• “He moved up in weight from 154 to 160, 168, 175, and he dominated. He fights all of the best fighters out there.” He lost credibility with that comment right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wurider View Post
          “He moved up in weight from 154 to 160, 168, 175, and he dominated. He fights all of the best fighters out there.” He lost credibility with that comment right there.
          He actually turned pro as a Super LW, then won a minor belt at WW

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Its clearly personal for Canelo so yea I suspect you are right. That whole "Mexican style" bs seemed a bigger statement for Canelo & many fans than who won the most rounds of which again most thought GGG won more....again.

And I can't fault GGG too much whatever he does. I think he was likely past prime by the time he got the first Canelo fight so we will never know if he never got his opportunity to show how good he was or if he was just a figment of HBO's hype & promotion of him.

GGG's in the biggest checks for the least risk stage of his career now basically. He's for sure past prime now. I actually commend him on fighting SD. That wasn't a bs opponent. Fighting a bs guy or two while he awaits a yay or nay from DAZN on them making the fight they wanna make makes sense at his age & with what he's proven already. If you are a GGG fan I get not giving too many f#cks about these bs guys but boxing is a mix of sport & business in our era unlike in any other era. And the business side says let's see what goes down with DAZN making the Canelo 3 fight before we take too much risk.

That said I think GGG is ripe for the picking. I was picking SD to beat him & some thought he shoulda gotten the nod. So idk if bs opponents are THAT bs these days for GGG. Also I see Andrade as waaaaaay overrated. Some will give GGG verbal high fives if he fights him. I won't be one of them. I think it's more likely GGG "exposes”, as the dumb mfers love to say, Andrade as the paper tiger he is than Andrade "exposes" an aged GGG.
            I knew GGG was suspect when he said Ward had to come to 164, but Chavez Jr. was OK @ 168. I thought the draw in fight one was cool, even though Mrs. Byrd's score was ridiculous! I also thought Lara deserved a draw with Canelo too! The reason I can't hate on Canelo is that he fought Mayweather, Lara, and GGG! That's no big deal in 1970, but it's saying a lot in 2020!

Comment

• I cannot stand Floyd outside of the ring, but inside the ring he had no equal. All the fighters during his era are still salty they had to take the backseat. Floyd whooped Pac and Canelo no way he isn't the fighter of the decade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                I knew GGG was suspect when he said Ward had to come to 164, but Chavez Jr. was OK @ 168. I thought the draw in fight one was cool, even though Mrs. Byrd's score was ridiculous! I also thought Lara deserved a draw with Canelo too! The reason I can't hate on Canelo is that he fought Mayweather, Lara, and GGG! That's no big deal in 1970, but it's saying a lot in 2020!
                I get the Ward thing. People love hypocriticsy so a marketing campaign of "anyone from 154 to 168" can get it that gots a catchweight involved is asking for mocking. But plenty of cats better than GGG have done the catchweight thing they just weren't desperate enough or dumb enough to make a claim beforehand like that they wouldn't back up. And let's not act like Manny, Floyd, SRL & Canelo asking for catchweights for certain guys & not others is the same damn thing. GGG just looks dumber for the way he played it no doubt doe.

And I'm not trying to hate on anyone. People do smart sh^t, people do dumb sh^t. People do sh^t I agree with while doing some sh^t right before or after that I think is dumb af.

Comment

• The fact that Mayweather schooled cinnamon determines that’s a false statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I get the Ward thing. People love hypocriticsy so a marketing campaign of "anyone from 154 to 168" can get it that gots a catchweight involved is asking for mocking. But plenty of cats better than GGG have done the catchweight thing they just weren't desperate enough or dumb enough to make a claim beforehand like that they wouldn't back up. And let's not act like Manny, Floyd, SRL & Canelo asking for catchweights for certain guys & not others is the same damn thing. GGG just looks dumber for the way he played it no doubt doe.

And I'm not trying to hate on anyone. People do smart sh^t, people do dumb sh^t. People do sh^t I agree with while doing some sh^t right before or after that I think is dumb af.
                    He also went wrong by calling Canelo a "businessman" for fighting Khan at 155, then fighting Brook @ 160! I think GGG is a great talent, but Loeffler didn't do him any favors!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wurider View Post
                      “He moved up in weight from 154 to 160, 168, 175, and he dominated. He fights all of the best fighters out there.” He lost credibility with that comment right there.
                      Well anything nel o did.And moving weights was 2010-2020. Floyd was 2000-2010.

Originally posted by thabanga510 View Post
                      I cannot stand Floyd outside of the ring, but inside the ring he had no equal. All the fighters during his era are still salty they had to take the backseat. Floyd whooped Pac and Canelo no way he isn't the fighter of the decade.
                      Don't pretend your not a fanboy.
                      Floyd beat weakest versions not that impressive.. Fought only about 4 worthwhile fights

Comment

Working...
                      X