Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: I'm A Hall Of Fame Fighter - Right Now!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol I love how all the PBC boxers have to call themselves an ATG or a Hall of famer or baddest man on the planet or The Boogeyman or what ever. Usually when you are that good ppl will call you those things. Nobody is saying it about these PBC guys (apart from Pacman) so they just decide to say it themselves. Lololololololol.

Comment

Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
      Danny lost to Rich Abril and had razor close fights with Lamont and Judah..those could've gone either way honestly.

Wins over shot Morales and prime undefeated Matthyse are his best wins. Khan was never special although that was a decent win also.

Lost clearly to Thurman and Porter and ducked Crawford, Manny, and Floyd. Danny Garcia spends all of his time feasting on Redkach, Rod Saska, and Brandon Rios whose been retired for 2 years...complete joke of a career.

No HOF for me and its not close atm
      Rich Abril? When did he fight that guy? Lol The Peterson win was good; but you’re right, it was very close. Zab was done by the time Danny fought him — he lost to Malignaggi in his next bout, and fought a couple of journeymen after that. Morales isn’t even worth mentioning. Eric was just a shell, and Garcia fought him twice. Khan was a nice win at the time, but as someone already said, everybody knocks him out. No shame in losing to Porter or Thurman, but they don’t strike me as HOF-worthy fighters themselves. Throw in a gift versus Herrera, and Danny’s career doesn’t look Canastota-bound.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gypsy Queen View Post
        I like Danny Garcia. Not elite, but world class. Only thing I never got is that when he was really building momentum, he started fighting guys way too low level for far too long. But he's someone he can give anybody a good fight. Maybe not HOF yet, but not far away.

He beat Mathysse where most thought he would lose. It doesn't matter that Mathysse didn't do much after that, at the time, he was feared and rated.

He beat Amir King Khan't, when Khan't was still very good and very fast. Khan't also gave Danny a beatdown for 2 and a half rounds and had him cut to bits, but Swift found the shot and didn't let him off the hook by chasing him around the ring the following round.

Also, very close losses to Thurman and Porter showed he can hang with the best type of guys in the division.
        I underrated Danny for a long time. He’s just not a special-looking fighter, but he does a lot with what he’s got — and he has a potentially game-changing left hook. As you say, Garcia is very good, but not elite. Danny has some close wins versus good opposition, some wins versus shot fighters, at least one gift versus a nobody, and two losses versus top men. I consider him an overachiever with a very uneven resume.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
          Resume:
          WBC, WBA, Ring, and lineal super lightweight champion (6-0 in world title fights in the division)
          WBC welterweight champion (vacated), WBA welterweight champion (lost in a unification fight)

World champions beaten:
          Nate Campbell (WBA/IBF/WBO 135)
          Kendall Holt (WBO 140)
          Erik Morales twice (WBC 122, 2X WBC 126, WBC/IBF 126, WBC 135)
          Amir Khan (WBA/IBF 140)
          Zab Judah (IBF 140, undisputed WBA/IBF/WBC/Ring/lineal 147, IBF 147)
          Lucas Matthysse (WBA Regular 147)**
          Mauricio Herrera (WBA Interim 140)**
          Lamont Peterson (WBA/IBF 140, WBA Regular 147)
          Paulie Malignaggi (IBF 140, WBA 147)
          Robert Guerrero (2X IBF 126, IBF 130, WBA interim/WBO interim 135, WBC interim 147 )
          Brandon Rios (WBA 135)

Guys who only won a fake belt are marked **

Losses:
          Keith Thurman (WBC/WBA 147)
          Shawn Porter (IBF 147, WBC 147)

That's a damn fine resume. I do think he'll get in based on that. Unified lineal champ in one division, world champ in another, a lot of solid wins
          Yet, Crawford (by his OWN words) gets called #1 P4P for beating 'The Man That Beat The Man', Jeff Horn.

And NSB agrees because NSB doesn't care about resume.

Comment

Danny has got one of the best resumes in the sport to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Rich Abril? When did he fight that guy? Lol The Peterson win was good; but you’re right, it was very close. Zab was done by the time Danny fought him — he lost to Malignaggi in his next bout, and fought a couple of journeymen after that. Morales isn’t even worth mentioning. Eric was just a shell, and Garcia fought him twice. Khan was a nice win at the time, but as someone already said, everybody knocks him out. No shame in losing to Porter or Thurman, but they don’t strike me as HOF-worthy fighters themselves. Throw in a gift versus Herrera, and Danny’s career doesn’t look Canastota-bound.
              Oops meant Mauricio Herrera

That was a loss. Clear loss.

Lamont was a loss and Judah couldve gone either way

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                Yet, Crawford (by his OWN words) gets called #1 P4P for beating 'The Man That Beat The Man', Jeff Horn.

And NSB agrees because NSB doesn't care about resume.
                No.

Crawford gets called #1 PFP because hes undefeated in his THIRD weight class after being lineal and unified at 140 and winning EVERY WW fight by KO/TKO.

Terrence doesnt have to call himself "Man Down". He let's his boxing do the talking.

And Terrence dominates his fights. The only fight he didnt 100% dominate was against Gamboa at 135 when he had the funky 8th round...although he KO/TKOd Gamboa in that very same round.

And Terrence has never ducked a fighter. All fighters seem to duck him. Pacman ducked him years ago and is still ducking him but he did just challenge TC on Twitter a few days ago..hopefully he backs it up (not betting on it).

Spence tried to f'ing kill himself by driving into a DITCH instead of fighting Terrence. Hell that's a crazy DUCK.

Thurman, Garcia want nothing to do with Crawford.

Porter looks like he MIGHT be interested - big maybe. I have my doubts still

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                  he never faced abril. Could've lost to Peterson and Herrera though. The Zab fight wasn't close. Zab won maybe 3 rounds tops. Who ducks pac and mayweather? Neither was ever a realistic option for him. He just didn't sweat them the way khan did.
                  Ya was Herrera not Abril. My bad XD

And theres no "might". That was like 9-3 or 8-4 for Herrera.

And Danny definitely sweated Terrence Crawford by choosing to fight Granados instead lmfao

Comment

I think Fanny Gift Farceia is a bit delusional.

Comment

I like Danny but he’s not a hall of gamer yet. You get there by beating other hall of famers not just word champions there’s too many belts with too many paper champs

Comment

Working...
                      X