No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Smith Drops, Batters Jesse Hart For Solid Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Smith Drops, Batters Jesse Hart For Solid Decision

This one is personal. Jesse “Hollywood” Hart, born and bred in Philadelphia, will take on Joe Smith Jr. Saturday, Jan. 11 from Hard Rock Live at Etess Arena in the 10-round main event, which will kick off the 2020 Top Rank on ESPN schedule.

It was Smith, the union construction worker from Long Island, who knocked Philadelphia legend Bernard Hopkins through the ropes and into retirement in December 2016. For Hart, who considers Hopkins a mentor, this fight is more than a step towards a world title shot.

ESPN and ESPN Deportes will televise Hart-Smith Jr. and a co-feature beginning at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT, with undercard action slated for ESPN+ beginning at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT.

Not sure why I have a feeling that Hart is going to get knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Not sure why I have a feeling that Hart is going to get knocked out.
      There's a good chance...

Comment

Wish I could've stayed to watch this, but paying for just okay live boxing two nights in a row doesn't seem responsible.

Comment

Those heavyweight bodyshots from Conto

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post

I mean... A Punching Bag would have made a better opposition... Let's see what next for him... Though I see him more as a Cruiser in the future...

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
              I mean... A Punching Bag would have made a better opposition... Let's see what next for him... Though I see him more as a Cruiser in the future...
              Haha yeah I know I know, just don't see a lot of HW body shot stoppages. I was looking up classic ones a month or two ago wondering how many good ones there were but of course now can't think of a single example.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
                He had quite the target...

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  He had quite the target...
                  Lol Kubrat Pulev had Rydell Bookers fat gut to beat on all night and he didn't do **** I remember. His trainer was telling him not to go around the side and just straight to the stomach I think. Or maybe it was the opposite. I dunno either way one of the worst HW fights of 2019.

Comment

So what do the old heads think of the Adorno brothers?

Comment

Working...
                    X