No announcement yet.

Brian McIntyre trainer of Crawford turns down Porter; wants 50/50 w/Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    He more said he just wasn't really interested in Porter didn't he? Said he's looking for someone with a title. Personally I think he should fight Shawn next given that it ain't gonna be Spence or Pacquiao, but he didn't specifically turn that fight down just said it wasn't a priority.

And yeah. 50/50s been the offer all along hasn't it? I think most of the comments I've seen consider that relatively fair given the stature of both fighters... only folk I've really seen disagreeing are those who have already shown marked loyalties towards PBC.
    50/50 isn't fair, have you seen crawford's ppv's?

The fact that you are defending 50/50 means you are defending the fight not getting made

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
      Spence -Pacquaio needs to happen next. That would put pressure on Crawford to fight someone half credible to keep his name in the conversation.
      he wont though...hed pick another no hoper...and then after spence just fights pac he will start shouting about how him vs spence should be next

so the scenario would be

spence coming off a car accident should fight pac and then Crawford back to back

while crawfords last two fights were against no hopers

and the anti pbc guys will be all over spence either way...but in other threads they'll say "no top guy takes two grueling fights back to back"

but watch...that's the scenario that will play out

the anti pbc guys are shouting for spence to take bud now...and if he takes pac right after that fight bud and them will be shouting for an immediate fight.....

Comment

He more said he just wasn't really interested in Porter didn't he? Said he's looking for someone with a title. Personally I think he should fight Shawn next given that it ain't gonna be Spence or Pacquiao, but he didn't specifically turn that fight down just said it wasn't a priority.

And yeah. 50/50s been the offer all along hasn't it? I think most of the comments I've seen consider that relatively fair given the stature of both fighters... only folk I've really seen disagreeing are those who have already shown marked loyalties towards PBC.
        50/50 off exactly what? Spence just did two PPVs that combined to do over 600k, and did around 275k against Porter....While according to Arum, Crawford/Khan only did 120-12k. Spence also just did a 2.3M gate his last fight out. Crawford getting 50/50 would mean that Spence's side is being very generous.

Now, maybe Crawford can fight Porter and did similar numbers and then ask for 50/50, but doesn't seem like they are interested in that...They are looking for the "Latino money" as his buddy put it ala Danny Garcia.

Comment

Asking 50/50 when Spence is unified and draws more means they don't want the fight. That's ridiculous. Next Bob will talk about temporary stadiums and **** lol. What a bunch of clowns. **** Top Rank, Bomac, and Crawford. #Overrated #HypeJob #BumHunter #CherryPicker #PricingThemselvesOut #DuckingEliteCompetition

Comment

That’s all to it.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              50/50 off exactly what? Spence just did two PPVs that combined to do over 600k, and did around 275k against Porter....While according to Arum, Crawford/Khan only did 120-12k. Spence also just did a 2.3M gate his last fight out. Crawford getting 50/50 would mean that Spence's side is being very generous.

Now, maybe Crawford can fight Porter and did similar numbers and then ask for 50/50, but doesn't seem like they are interested in that...They are looking for the "Latino money" as his buddy put it ala Danny Garcia.
              I kinda answered elsewhere already - based off the fact that that's what Crawford thinks he's worth and that it's a fight that would raise the profile of both, and could help propel both of 'em to a higher level of popularity.

I agree that Errols got better opponents to fight, but none of them are considered on Bud's calibre even if they're a damn sight better than the dudes Bud's got to fight on his side of the street, further Bud's doing just fine financially as it is so why would he bend? He's a prideful dude and former undisputed and unified champion not to mention a flagship fighter in a major promotion. Again - why is going to think he should play second fiddle.

I think there's maybe a lot of folk only looking at this from one perspective. Now I absolutely do think Bud should try to make the Porter fight, but I don't believe it's simply a given that he should accept less than 50 / 50 against Spence - at least, not as things presently stand.

https://www.fightsaga.com/fightsaga/...urses-earnings

Comment

I kinda answered elsewhere already - based off the fact that that's what Crawford thinks he's worth and that it's a fight that would raise the profile of both, and could help propel both of 'em to a higher level of popularity.

I agree that Errols got better opponents to fight, but none of them are considered on Bud's calibre even if they're a damn sight better than the dudes Bud's got to fight on his side of the street, further Bud's doing just fine financially as it is so why would he bend? He's a prideful dude and former undisputed and unified champion not to mention a flagship fighter in a major promotion. Again - why is going to think he should play second fiddle.

I think there's maybe a lot of folk only looking at this from one perspective. Now I absolutely do think Bud should try to make the Porter fight, but I don't believe it's simply a given that he should accept less than 50 / 50 against Spence - at least, not as things presently stand.

Does Spence/Crawford do better than Spence/Pacquiao? How many buys does Spence/Crawford do anyways? Crawford has zero basis for 50/50. If he gets it, then it will be because Spence's side is being generous, that's all. You look at the potential the fight can do, and it's not going to be anything crazy where the winner is all of a sudden on another level. In fact, a Spence/Pacquiao fight almost certainly does more buys.

So no, just because Crawford is a "prideful" guy doesn't mean he then gets 50/50 because he wants it. We just saw both go on PPV last year and we saw the results. There is a reason Bob said he's not putting Crawford back on PPV and when asked about him fighting Porter (Before the Spence fight), he said no way, Porter is not a name at all and that won't sell anything on PPV. Arum's words, not mine. Then we saw what Spence/Porter did. The same fight that Arum was adamant in not putting on PPV because they would lose so much money and how no one knows Porter etc.

60/40 seems fair here. The fact this won't be a mega fight and one guy is doing much more PPV buys and has more in house opponents, that split is more than fair.

Comment

If Joshua is willing to give Wilder 50/50, Spence better nut up. He aint no superstar even if he is bigger than Crawford, it’s slight. Good post BTW.

Comment

With losses to Thurman and Spence, Porter is all risk no reward for Crawford. Crawford is at a point in his career where, if he's ever going to have a career defining fight, it needs to be soon. Spence is that fight and Spence is in a similar position. If these guys wait much longer they are going to be trying establish a legacy against fighters like Ennis and Ortiz. Ennis and Ortiz will still be young and quick, Crawford and Spence, not so young, not so quick.

Crawford sees this and he's right. He doesn't need Porter, he needs Spence and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      Does Spence/Crawford do better than Spence/Pacquiao? How many buys does Spence/Crawford do anyways? Crawford has zero basis for 50/50. If he gets it, then it will be because Spence's side is being generous, that's all. You look at the potential the fight can do, and it's not going to be anything crazy where the winner is all of a sudden on another level. In fact, a Spence/Pacquiao fight almost certainly does more buys.

So no, just because Crawford is a "prideful" guy doesn't mean he then gets 50/50 because he wants it. We just saw both go on PPV last year and we saw the results. There is a reason Bob said he's not putting Crawford back on PPV and when asked about him fighting Porter (Before the Spence fight), he said no way, Porter is not a name at all and that won't sell anything on PPV. Arum's words, not mine. Then we saw what Spence/Porter did. The same fight that Arum was adamant in not putting on PPV because they would lose so much money and how no one knows Porter etc.

60/40 seems fair here. The fact this won't be a mega fight and one guy is doing much more PPV buys and has more in house opponents, that split is more than fair.
                      Whatever you think, man, we're all entitled our opinions, but I'm not quite sure what 'fair' has to do with it except to the folk who want to point the finger of blame at one side or the other.

They either come to an agreement that is to the satisfaction of both sides or they don't. I'm just happy to wait and see how it plays out, but bear in mind that drawing power ain't the only factor in the equation... for instance - and this is just an example - how GGG was able to wrangle 45% out of Canelo when the difference in draw between GGG and Canelo is waaay wider than between Errol and Bud.

IDK man, I'm on the other side of the Atlantic so I ain't really got a feel for their relative levels of stard0m anyways, and maybe I'm way off, but from where I'm standing the only folk claiming that Spence is in another stratosphere in either earning or drawing power are the guys who mainly just seem to support PBC guys anyways, so maybe I'll try to get a feel for some broader points of view before I discuss it further.

EDIT: You're quite correct though that Spence having Pacquiao in the same stable does change the dynamic somewhat in Errol's favour even if I'm not sure that a Pacquiao victory at this stage would be valued close to as highly as a victory over Crawford. Like I say, it either happens or it don't, though. Can't make a man fight for less than he believes he's worth however we might judge his value.
                      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-08-2020, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X