Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nsb pick em 2020 masterthread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm the proud owner of the worst percentage among the ones over 100 points... Now that the going gets tough, the tough will get going. You've been warned, I'm coming back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
      Huge gratitude to HBx3 for picking up with the updating cos it's been a kinda difficult few days for me.

Two things he's Picked up on that players need notifying of however:

Firstly yes, a new x5 will be issued later on today, I should have done it on the 1st July but it completely slipped my mind so apologies to anyone who might have wanted it for last Thursday's fight - but if you did feel free to thank me for inadvertantly saving you from wasting it on Mikkel.

I'll explain in more detail later but on 1st October anyone who still has both their x5s left in the bank - so to speak - will have one of 'em removed.... use it or lose it, in other words. Should have happened simultamneous with the 1st of July drop but it's been extended to account for the 3ish month boxing hiatus we've had.

On the numbering of the Pick Ems just by past practice I've elected to just count onwards when we've had cancelled Pick Ems, I simply decided when the problem first came up a coupla years back that re-using the numbers was more likely to create confusion... so although we've only had 23 Pick Ems scored this year to date the numbering is slightly out of wack due to cancellations and postponements. So last week Saucedo and Pedraza were #26 and #27 despite being the 22nd and 23rd Pick Ems tallied, and the previous weeks' (23rd and 25th June) were numbered #22 through #25 (instead of 18 through 21).

Once again big thanks to HBx3 for his work bringing things up to date and best of luck to you all.

regards

K
      One can't use a x5 on a draw, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
        One can't use a x5 on a draw, right?
        No, only on an underdog to win... sorry man. Nice try though... 1000pts would go a long way.

Now then - about that bri.. ummm 'financial incentive' we were discussing..?

Comment

No, only on an underdog to win... sorry man. Nice try though... 1000pts would go a long way.

Now then - about that bri.. ummm 'financial incentive' we were discussing..?
          Yeah, with a couple of draws x5 one could win the whole enchilada even if picking wrong for the rest of the season... Sort of those last-minute 0-1 wins for the weaker football team against the top dogs after they were dominated for 89 minutes

I'll establish a family fundraiser to get closer to the necessary sum for you to accomodate my needs

Speaking of family, hope that you're keeping up with a good fight in difficult circumstances. I had the same problem last May, unfortunately, so I sympathize.

Comment

• My longest streak is my last streak, 7, which ended with the Moloney upset. It’s marked down as 6. My seventh correct prediction was the undercard fight that preceded it: Christopher Diaz beating Jason Sanchez

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
              My longest streak is my last streak, 7, which ended with the Moloney upset. It’s marked down as 6. My seventh correct prediction was the undercard fight that preceded it: Christopher Diaz beating Jason Sanchez
              Lemme get it strightened out for ya. Honestly it might not seem it but the damn streaks are actually one of the more fiddly bits about doing the updating, most of the other bits are just straight entry or add / subtract field stuff, but you actually got to stop and think about which fight came first for the streak, do it manually, legacy thing from when we set it up.

And as ever I encourage all other players to check their results each week just to make sure, we try our best to get it right but errors are always gonna creep in.

Regards

K

EDIT: Ok should be sorted now, I also added in all the extra x5s that were suppossed to drop on July 1st while I was about it.
              Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 07-06-2020, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
                My longest streak is my last streak, 7, which ended with the Moloney upset. It’s marked down as 6. My seventh correct prediction was the undercard fight that preceded it: Christopher Diaz beating Jason Sanchez
                my bad, sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post
                  NSB PICK 'EM 2020 #20 to #23 (23rd June, and 25th June) PICKS AND POINTS TALLY

RESULTS:

WINNER (CORRECT/TOTAL)

Diaz, DEC, WIDE (15/26)
                  Franco, DEC, CLOSE (2/26) [automatic x3]

Nova, DEC, WIDE (20/26)
                  J. MOLONEY, KO, LATE (23/27)

Link to thread: https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=849719

NSB PICK EM 2020 #20 - #23 RESULTS
                  NamePointsTotalCorrectPerfectStreak2X3X5X
                  _Jordan_        
                  Articulateboxin        
                  Asgarth6042 LLWW   
                  Baltimore7043 WLWW   
                  BigZ442021 LW   
                  BlakBread904        
                  BLASTER170421LLWW  1
                  BMorph        
                  BobHaymon        
                  BobLobLaw5042 WLWL1  
                  BornXRaised        
                  Boxing_1013        
                  BoxingFan85        
                  BPhontain        
                  califo        
                  CauliflowerEars        
                  Ccarroll2133        
                  Chrismart7043 WLWW   
                  DamnWicked 1  L 1 
                  DeontaytheKing        
                  DuckAdonis        
                  eco1        
                  edpboxing        
                  EffPandas90431WLWW   
                  FinitoXDinamita        
                  FrankieClutch        
                  Ganondorf3011 W   
                  GideonLock        
                  HeadBodyBodyBody10042 LLWW2  
                  HughJass        
                  Idunnoshet7043 WLWW1  
                  JayCho        
                  joseph5620        
                  jpowell100        
                  Justintimothyko        
                  Kezzer        
                  KingHippo        
                  Koba6042 LLWW2  
                  Koolkc10713042 LLWW11 
                  kushking        
                  Lizard_man        
                  Mammoth5042 WLLW1  
                  Marchegiano        
                  mathed        
                  mlac90431WLWW   
                  MulaKO5042 LLWW1  
                  NCUppercut2041 WLLL1  
                  NORMNEALON        
                  otrocubiche        
                  Pittsburgh_Kid        
                  ReddFoxx        
                  RJJ-94-02=GOAT8043 WLWW   
                  Robi13        
                  ruedboy40411WLLL 11
                  Sadiqkingofko        
                  SceneBoxer14043 WLWW 2 
                  ShaneMosleySr120431WLWW3  
                  Sheppirino110432WLWW   
                  ShoulderRoll140421LWWL   
                  SilverMiles        
                  SinderellaMan        
                  SNIPER100431WLWW2  
                  Southpawko4022 WW   
                  SUBZER0ED        
                  Szef        
                  Tatabanya3041 LLLW   
                  TBear4042 LLWW   
                  TheMyspaceDayz60421WLLW   
                  Theplungerman        
                  therealpugilist        
                  YoungManRumble140321LWLW  1

Several wasted x5 multipliers used on Sanchez, though it was a good shout in theory. And a lot of wasted multipliers on Andrew Moloney.

Congratulations to ShoulderRoll and YoungManRumble for their perfect picks on Franco, which earned them an automatic x3 multiplier! Most of us didn't see that result coming...
                  No congrats on my 140? haha

Comment

Huge gratitude to HBx3 for picking up with the updating cos it's been a kinda difficult few days for me.

Two things he's Picked up on that players need notifying of however:

Firstly yes, a new x5 will be issued later on today, I should have done it on the 1st July but it completely slipped my mind so apologies to anyone who might have wanted it for last Thursday's fight - but if you did feel free to thank me for inadvertantly saving you from wasting it on Mikkel.

I'll explain in more detail later but on 1st October anyone who still has both their x5s left in the bank - so to speak - will have one of 'em removed.... use it or lose it, in other words. Should have happened simultamneous with the 1st of July drop but it's been extended to account for the 3ish month boxing hiatus we've had.

On the numbering of the Pick Ems just by past practice I've elected to just count onwards when we've had cancelled Pick Ems, I simply decided when the problem first came up a coupla years back that re-using the numbers was more likely to create confusion... so although we've only had 25 Pick Ems scored this year to date the numbering is slightly out of wack due to cancellations and postponements. So last week Saucedo and Pedraza were #26 and #27 despite being the 24th and 25th Pick Ems tallied, and the previous weeks' (23rd and 25th June) were numbered #22 through #25 (instead of 20 through 23).

Once again big thanks to HBx3 for his work bringing things up to date and best of luck to you all.

regards

K
                    Ok, ok, it was a good save! Hindsight is 20/20 brother

Comment

• Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
                      I'm the proud owner of the worst percentage among the ones over 100 points... Now that the going gets tough, the tough will get going. You've been warned, I'm coming back.
                      Thats what we like to here !

Comment

Working...
                      X