No announcement yet.

Nsb pick em 2020 masterthread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
    I think your suggestion of evening out the season halfway point is good (i.e. push the use-by-date to August). Another suggestion might be to just let the players keep the extra multiplier and use it whenever they want this year (i.e. no use-by-date at all)

Actually probably the simplest and fairest plan and an option I never even considered... This is one of the reasons why having a team doing this ish is always a good idea, two heads better than one an' all that.

I'll run it by otrocubiche, NC and 'Ears, but I reckon we go with that one unless we get strenuous player objections.

Comment

• Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
      Actually probably the simplest and fairest plan and an option I never even considered... This is one of the reasons why having a team doing this ish is always a good idea, two heads better than one an' all that.

I'll run it by otrocubiche, NC and 'Ears, but I reckon we go with that one unless we get strenuous player objections.
      Yeah the only objections we might get is from those who have already used their x5 multiplier, I think.

We got up to mid-March with the game, so if there are objections, maybe this "extra" multiplier can be used for 3.5 months from when the boxing gets up-and-running again? As another suggestion. But as always, I don't have strong opinions on the matter! I don't mind whatever happens, really

Comment

Yeah the only objections we might get is from those who have already used their x5 multiplier, I think.

We got up to mid-March with the game, so if there are objections, maybe this "extra" multiplier can be used for 3.5 months from when the boxing gets up-and-running again? As another suggestion. But as always, I don't have strong opinions on the matter! I don't mind whatever happens, really
        I agree this ^^^^ is how we should proceed but dont mean to knit pick but wouldnt it be 2.5 months to mid March?

Comment

• Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
          I agree this ^^^^ is how we should proceed but dont mean to knit pick but wouldnt it be 2.5 months to mid March?
          It would, I noticed but I figured I'd just go ahead and and use the right numbers if that was the path we decided to take. All of us have probably made that same mistake at one time or another, the confusion of starting the year on month 1 instead of month 0 using our dating conventions.

So you reckon we shift the 'halfway' point of the season according to half of how long boxing was shut down for which is looking like about 3 months (mid March to Mid june) so maybe looking at Mid August for the next x5 drop instead of 1st July?

Comment

• Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
            Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
            It would, I noticed but I figured I'd just go ahead and and use the right numbers if that was the path we decided to take. All of us have probably made that same mistake at one time or another, the confusion of starting the year on month 1 instead of month 0 using our dating conventions.

So you reckon we shift the 'halfway' point of the season according to half of how long boxing was shut down for which is looking like about 3 months (mid March to Mid june) so maybe looking at Mid August for the next x5 drop instead of 1st July?
            I meant it would be 3.5 months from mid-March to the end of June.

If we let the original x5 multiplier run to the end of the year, the objection (if any came) would be that those players who didn't use their original x5 multiplier would then have more than the intended 6 months to use it, and that would unfair.

So to allow a window of 3.5 months from whenever the boxing gets up'n'running again, to use the original x5 multiplier, there can be no complaints, since everyone has had the same window of time to use it. The second x5 multiplier, by comparison, can be dropped whenever, because everyone will have the same amount of time to use that one (even if it is only 5 months, or 4, or whatever).

That was my reasoning. Sorry I didn't make that clear in the first place. Hope that makes sense? I'm happy to go with whatever Koba thinks best tbh

Comment

• Maybe this makes it a bit clearer actually

At mid-March, those who had not used their x5 multiplier yet were thinking, 'I have another 3.5 months to use this thing.' We shall penalise such players if we now reduce that time to 2.5 months..

Comment

• Can I pass my 5x multiplier to a piss ant who I know is gonna blow it cuz of brain damage?

Comment

Maybe this makes it a bit clearer actually

At mid-March, those who had not used their x5 multiplier yet were thinking, 'I have another 3.5 months to use this thing.' We shall penalise such players if we now reduce that time to 2.5 months..
                  Yeah, I think I figured what you're saying now, been struggling with some kinda weird prolonged migraine about the last 4 days so thinking's been like wading through treacle.

I got the problem but I didn't quite understand your solution because I'd automatically linked the dropping of the second x5 with the stripping of any unused x5s from the first half, and was trying to think of a way where we could equalise the halves of the season, but of course there's no reason you can't overlap the two halves. In this case we could still drop the new x5 on July 1st perhaps but then not strip any x5s over 1 until maybe 1st October (if we say the closure was 3 months).

That way everyone gets 6 months to use their first one and 6 months to use their second one, basically, just there would be an overlap period where some players would have 2 x5s 'in the bank' so to speak. Hope I'm making sense there, like I say my heads's a bit muddy at the minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
                    Yeah, I think I figured what you're saying now, been struggling with some kinda weird prolonged migraine about the last 4 days so thinking's been like wading through treacle.

I got the problem but I didn't quite understand your solution because I'd automatically linked the dropping of the second x5 with the stripping of any unused x5s from the first half, and was trying to think of a way where we could equalise the halves of the season, but of course there's no reason you can't overlap the two halves. In this case we could still drop the new x5 on July 1st perhaps but then not strip any x5s over 1 until maybe 1st October (if we say the closure was 3 months).

That way everyone gets 6 months to use their first one and 6 months to use their second one, basically, just there would be an overlap period where some players would have 2 x5s 'in the bank' so to speak. Hope I'm making sense there, like I say my heads's a bit muddy at the minute.
                    Sorry yeah, that's exactly what I meant, to have an overlap!

Migraines suck man, hope it clears soon

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
                      Can I pass my 5x multiplier to a piss ant who I know is gonna blow it cuz of brain damage?
                      you can pass it to me if you like

Comment

Working...
                      X