Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Jabs WBO Prez For Usyk Landing Mandatory Position

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Jabs WBO Prez For Usyk Landing Mandatory Position

Tyson Fury fired verbal shots at World Boxing Organization President Paco Valcarcel - after the sanctioning body head had mentioned the idea of Fury meeting in the ring with prospect Bakhodir Jalolov.
    [Click Here To Read More]

big non-story and Fury knows it. WBO champ moves up and becomes #1 mandatory for the champ...it's not personal, it's a rule they've followed for many years now. Besides, Fury seems to think he has two fights lined up with Wilder, so who cares???

Comment

I don't have a problem with an undisputed champion moving up and getting a number one ranking if he completely conquered the previous weight class. Plenty of fighters have done much less and been rewarded with much bigger opportunities.

Why all the hate for Usyk anyway? I don't get why the fighters who actually challenge themselves get s--tted on but the fighters maneuvering, avoiding real competition and fooling the fans(the dumb ones anyway), get all the adulation and headlines.

Boxing is full of a$$ backwards idiots.

Comment

Fury #1 at WBO would be nice only to force AJ to fight him, but he'd rather vacate than meet Fury!

Comment

Originally posted by Nusky View Post
          I don't have a problem with an undisputed champion moving up and getting a number one ranking if he completely conquered the previous weight class. Plenty of fighters have done much less and been rewarded with much bigger opportunities.

Why all the hate for Usyk anyway? I don't get why the fighters who actually challenge themselves get s--tted on but the fighters maneuvering, avoiding real competition and fooling the fans(the dumb ones anyway), get all the adulation and headlines.

Probably because the majority of boxing fans are underachieving degenerates. It’s easier to identify with lazy protected fighters than acknowledge that they themselves should strive for more. Same ideology as hating on individuals garnering success. The criticisms come from the weak and negative living in an echo chamber.

Comment

Boycott the alphabet ****e 2020...the Ring magazine champ is the number one

Comment

I don't know about all that noise, I don't think a fighter ever got the direct shot for WBO from cruiserweight before, certainly not since it became a main title which is fairly recently years wise.

The HW division is the limitless division there is no weight restrictions hence it's deep (finally) but more importantley a heavyweight can't move up so all is not fair in love and war.

You cannot compare this to, for example, a welterweight champion moving to super welter when he already hit the ring at the middleweight limit beforehand, you just can't.

Good example Holyfield, undisputed cruiserweight champion (any old timers remember the WBA "junior heavyweight belt") had to go threw a handful of known challengers before the big heavyweight challenge.

Just checked David Hayes resume as he is the last thing close to undisputed CW champion and, he did fight for the WBA in also his second fight like Uysk so I may have just owned myself but that was already a fractured title.

Nobody wants a title vacated except the WBO

Comment

Usyk was the CW super champ and moved up. That's what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Nusky View Post

I got no problem with Usyk getting a shot. He actually did clean out the CW division by beating everyone of note including Tony Bellew after he won the CW tourney. He had nothing more to prove & he is exploiting a WBO rule that allows him to get a crack at the WBO HW champion. It would be nice to see him beat a couple HWs first but it's not like Canelo or Mikey Garcia acclimated before moving up 2 divisions. Fury is unavailable & he's getting a title shot against Wilder in February so I'm not sure what he is complaining about.

Comment

Except that Fury wasn't #1, Whyte was. Fury was #2 WBO. But who cares about the facts...

Comment

Working...
                    X