Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Heavyweight Division in 2020 - Interesting Scenarios, Angles, Players

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
    The numbers from the first fight were never confirmed, they were somehow"leaked" by people who weren't involved with the fight. So they were not accurate at all. Just like the Wilder vs Ortiz II fight PPV numbers, they weren't from the source, they were from "leaked media outlets" hahah. This is the con they have been running on the public for years now to make a fight seem successful. They also want to make it seem like they have good numbers so that if they ever get the balls to face AJ, they can say that they deserve 50-50 because they are "PPV stars already" in their own right. It's a scam and most of you go for it. Not me. Nobody gets paid over 10 million for a fight that they are giving away tickets to to make it seem full, like the first Wilder Fury fight.
    I just did some research. The NSAC confirmed Wilder a 4 million purse & Fury 3 million. If the fight generated 1 million PPV buys then Wilder would be guaranteed 14 million & Fury 10.25 million... Estimated between 275000-325000 PPVs. So you are correct that neither made 10 million but they still probably added a couple million each for the PPV share. Still pretty solid purses. So if the next fight does better & is close the trilogy could generate decent numbers too. 30 million for both fights combined is not out of the question but highly unlikely unless they do more than 1 million PPVs on each. Joshua in England is where the cash is for sure but Wilder & Fury should both be able to bank another 10-15 million in 2020 if they have 2 more fights as expected.

Comment

Dubois gonna shake things up in about a year or two

Comment

I hope Joyce - Dubois happens. Chisora should fight Usyk or Parker. Ruiz should fight Ortiz.

Comment

Working...
        X