No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis-Gamboa Peaked At 604K Viewers On Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    I don't know what rates as good numbers on SHO any more. It doesn't sound bad, but I wouldn't call that staggering numbers either.
    wilder just did twice as many viewers so that would be a good benchmark for what good numbers are for showtime. not sure how this gets spun as tank is a superstar but when you have an agenda you have an agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      wilder just did twice as many viewers so that would be a good benchmark for what good numbers are for showtime. not sure how this gets spun as tank is a superstar but when you have an agenda you have an agenda.
      Except Wilder did NOT do twice as many viewers, nor did he do close to twice as many viewers in his fight against Breazeale.

Comment

i don't get where this "davis is a star" coming from. maybe he's popular with the black american fans but that's it which is the same as a mexican fighter getting a lot of followers from mexican fans...i wanna say that before somebody labels my post as racist lol.

these davis' fans are just making a lot of noise to make him appear like a star but he's not. he's not even as popular as broner was when he was undefeated. and we all know what happened to broner as soon as he step up...he lost and a lot of his fans abandoned him.

for davis to become a star, he needs to step up his competition and wins them. unfortunately he doesn't seem so eager to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          Wrong fight, that was against Ortiz that he peaked at 1.2M. Against Breazeale, his average was 791k and peak 990k. Davis/Gamboa will likely peak over 600k.
          It’s not the wrong fight lmao. He averaged 1.1 mil that's double what tank just averaged

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            LOL, now it was 225k?

And Wilder has a guarantee through PBC. They weren't expecting to cover the purses off the PPV. I'm sure they hoped to do better, but to cover the purses of Wilder/Ortiz, you would have had to do around 550-600k buys. Just like when Wilder fought Breazeale and supposedly made around 20M, no way in hell SHO paid the entire amount.

Again, back to the topic, let Davis get his PPV fight and then if he wants another one after it flops (If it does), it will have to be against a big name like Lomachenko. Win-win for boxing fans.
            well the latest sources i read said 225 but does it really matter when they lost so much?

yeah i know so why would they do the ppv then if they knew they can't make money? if pbc is subsidizing the losses then why not just put it on fox where a couple million people can see him instead of 200k or whatever it was? the point is to get people to see him i thought and 200k people watching him doesn't really grow his brand.

thats not true. wilders first ppv against fury basically broke even, his second was a huge flop, and now hes on another ppv with fury cept with at least double the purses or more meaning they need at least double the buys or more. they are just guessing it does big business despite the fact the first one did not. why wouldn't they think the same way with davis? well the santa cruz ppv flopped but lets try against mares! i think this whole boxing thing is a tax scam for haymon the way ***** lost a billion dollars in the 80's and 90's. hand over those tax records!
            Last edited by daggum; 12-31-2019, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Why boxing fans would give a shit about a boxers popularity or how much they make is beyond me. I'm a fan of the sport not TV numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                It’s no ot the wrong fight lmao. He averaged 1.1 mil that's double what tank just averaged
                Why would you compare a fight he did early 18 to the fight he just had in 2019? That makes no sense. Compare Wilder's recent fight, where the TV ratings across the board have declined compared to 2018.

So when you look at Tank vs Gamboa compared to Wilder vs Breazeale, he did about quarter less in the ratings. At least in the average since I don't think the peak numbers are out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by thealienhopkins View Post
                  Why boxing fans would give a shit about a boxers popularity or how much they make is beyond me. I'm a fan of the sport not TV numbers.
                  because boxers use these numbers to duck fights.

Comment

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
                    No need to list the average joe...

lol@thinking i was actually bragging about berto being there....

but there were 14k in attendance...thats pretty good...that means people are interested....

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      well the latest sources i read said 225 but does it really matter when they lost so much?

yeah i know so why would they do the ppv then if they knew they can't make money? if pbc is subsidizing the losses then why not just put it on fox where a couple million people can see him instead of 200k or whatever it was? the point is to get people to see him i thought and 200k people watching him doesn't really grow his brand.

thats not true. wilders first ppv against fury basically broke even, his second was a huge flop, and now hes on another ppv with fury cept with at least double the purses or more meaning they need at least double the buys or more. they are just guessing it does big business despite the fact the first one did not. why wouldn't they think the same way with davis? well the santa cruz ppv flopped but lets try against mares! i think this whole boxing thing is a tax scam for haymon the way ***** lost a billion dollars in the 80's and 90's. hand over those tax records!
                      What is not true? When did I say anything about Wilder/Fury breaking even or not breaking even?

If Davis vs LSC flops, they will not put Davis vs Mares on PPV. You put Spence on PPV since he will do around 275-300k against pretty much any solid name. You put Wilder on PPV because he is going to do around the same numbers. Davis would have to prove he can do those types of numbers or be close to doing those types of numbers to be on PPV.

Why put it on PPV when there will be a loss anyways? Well, the PPV revenue generated was was still around 12M. Who was putting up a license fee of 12M for this fight?

Wilder vs Fury can creep close to the 800k-1M range. That is a much better estimate than the ESPN crew saying it will break Mayweather/Pacquiao/s 4.6M mark LOL.

Comment

Working...
                      X