Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roc Nation Outbids Top Rank For Rights To Beterbiev-Meng Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, they're just trying to get the title away from him then.

Why would they think that he, a ****** would take that fight?

Comment

Wow, crazy... So have this Chinese guy fight Kovalev for the belt? Krusher gets a belt back, and maybe tack on the WBA? or was it WBO? The one Canelo just dropped.

Comment

... don't rule out Beterbiev fighting the Chinese dude... the fight isn't ironed to take place in China...

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
          Bring this fight to Montreal and they’ll have 20 000 at the Bell Center
          Heck yes. Still I think there’s experience in travelling that is needed to become the best. I’d love to see Beterbiev take risks that help inspire cdn fighters. Being able to fill 20k in the bell centre is our strength and weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
            Heck yes. Still I think there’s experience in travelling that is needed to become the best. I’d love to see Beterbiev take risks that help inspire cdn fighters. Being able to fill 20k in the bell centre is our strength and weakness.

Ok your going to have to explain this to me
            He hasn’t fought in Montreal in quite some time
            I just hope there not saving it for a Beterbiev vs Pascal fight

Comment

Ok your going to have to explain this to me
              He hasn’t fought in Montreal in quite some time
              I just hope there not saving it for a Beterbiev vs Pascal fight
              You are right, he hasent fought in Montreal in a while. I shoulda looked that up before I ran my mouth. This is very encouraging that he’s got the experience he has in just 15 fights. He’s not young of course, but he’s is a unified champion. I think Pascal is a warrior and always in good fights. But ur right I hope they don’t bring Beterbiev back home to face Pascal. I’d much rather he entice a higher ranked fighter via a good purse to come to Montreal. I woulda loved to have seen Beterbiev vs Canelo. The ring ****zine has the “champ” vacant @175lbs. Hopefully he gets a chance to fight for the title Nelo dropped next.

Comment

I wonder if this was a purely tactical play by Roc Nation, expecting Beterbiev to refuse to fight and therefore, finding himself stripped...allowing Meng to fight the next in line? Touch of genius if it is, albeit entirely underhanded.

Comment

You are right, he hasent fought in Montreal in a while. I shoulda looked that up before I ran my mouth. This is very encouraging that he’s got the experience he has in just 15 fights. He’s not young of course, but he’s is a unified champion. I think Pascal is a warrior and always in good fights. But ur right I hope they don’t bring Beterbiev back home to face Pascal. I’d much rather he entice a higher ranked fighter via a good purse to come to Montreal. I woulda loved to have seen Beterbiev vs Canelo. The ring ****zine has the “champ” vacant @175lbs. Hopefully he gets a chance to fight for the title Nelo dropped next.
                  Nelo ain’t happening
                  I don’t think there’s going to be any problem fighting in China
                  It was already in the plans , Bobfather had mentioned it again right after the fight with Gvozdyk
                  Beterbiev never said anything about it , so shouldn’t be an issue
                  Hopefully his next fight after maybe they’ll bring him around

Comment

Nelo ain’t happening
                    I don’t think there’s going to be any problem fighting in China
                    It was already in the plans , Bobfather had mentioned it again right after the fight with Gvozdyk
                    Beterbiev never said anything about it , so shouldn’t be an issue
                    Hopefully his next fight after maybe they’ll bring him around
                    Right. Bob always had an eye for Asia. Still Beterbiev is a ****** and that will bring attention to ******s issues in China one way or another if they fight there. Doesn’t mean it can’t be spun in a bunch of different directions. I’ll have to see if I can find any footage on Meng. I’m cdn and I’m even Leary of our judges.

Comment

Right. Bob always had an eye for Asia. Still Beterbiev is a ****** and that will bring attention to ******s issues in China one way or another if they fight there. Doesn’t mean it can’t be spun in a bunch of different directions. I’ll have to see if I can find any footage on Meng. I’m cdn and I’m even Leary of our judges.
                      Meng is just a stepping stone
                      He ain’t at the level to even come close to winning
                      He’s just getting fed to Beterbiev
                      I guarantee you this ain’t going to no judges card
                      By the first five rounds this fight should be over if not before

Comment

Working...
                      X