Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Charlo's Win, Balderas' Loss, Duran, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Charlo's Win, Balderas' Loss, Duran, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling such topics as the Jermell Charlo vs. Tony Harrison rematch, Robert Duran, Karlos Balderas suffering his first defeat, the behavior of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"Black fighters who are loathed become stars faster." - Breadman

Brethren, let that sink in! Play "Holy Mountain" and let that sink in! Peace and Blessings, and Happy New Year!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      "Black fighters who are loathed become stars faster." - Breadman

Brethren, let that sink in! Play "Holy Mountain" and let that sink in! Peace and Blessings, and Happy New Year!
      This only applies to America's toxic culture.

Anthony Joshua is black and isn't loathed in Britain...yet he's a huge star over there.

Comment

Chavez over mayweather for sure! And canelo is an all time great, so enjoy the ride

Comment

Love what Bread said about pressure in a fight making people do odd things. I had Harrison up in the fight but Charlo's pressure was fatiguing Tony both mentally and physically, his showboating as the fight went on was some kind of false bravado that he did as a result of the fatigue and pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            This only applies to America's toxic culture.

Anthony Joshua is black and isn't loathed in Britain...yet he's a huge star over there.
            Flamboyant and over the top has always won over. You can find normal people everywhere.

Comment

I don't know about that. I bet if there a Muhammad Ali Jr. who boxed, he would get as many chances as Chavez Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigar View Post
                I don't know about that. I bet if there a Muhammad Ali Jr. who boxed, he would get as many chances as Chavez Jr.
                Use another example because Laila Ali is one of the greatest (if not THE greatest) female boxer of all-time lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigar View Post
                  I doubt that. Tommy Hearns and Aaron Pryor had sons that boxed. I don't remember either one getting half the pampering Chavez Jr gets.

Comment

'....Jermell forced Tony to fight the most perfect fight he had ever fought and that takes a level of concentration he had never showed before. His mind needed a relief from locking in for so long. It’s not easy being better than you ever were. Boxing more mental than you guys realize....'

Absolutely - mental pressure wears fighters out - its what Loma did to Linares (and will likely do to Teo), took him to a level where he mentally could no longer stay with the pace at the end. JCC Sr did the same thing at his peak.

Comment

Working...
                    X