Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Inks Promotional With Eddie Hearn, Returns on 2/29

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything is better than inactivity. Mikey, just like most guys on the PBC side, has been very inactive that last year and that never helps. Not only does it make you rusty inside the ring, your popularity decreases too because people forget about you. He got major exposure from the Errol Spence fight despite clearly underperforming and he should've tried to come back with a solid win that year to ride that wave. He completely dropped the ball on that one and whatever fanbase and attention he got from that event, he lost all of it again and now he has to start from scratch basically.

It's a sad thing and it's a common pattern with all the PBC fighters, it's like they're specialized in NOT riding the popularity wave to build superstars. It's really terrible to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
      The LDBC cry for everyone to fight on Fox or Showtime, and yet they forget how some Haymon associated fighters don’t bullshet with time. Charlo should follow Mikey’s lead. Go to DAZN. The pussie has no interest in unifying with Andrade, it is de****able considering Demetrius punked him and Jermell that they are beneath him.

Charlo Bros. so devoted to Haymon and want to ensure Al continues to grow PBC
      Its too late for Charlo, 160 about to become a desert town, all the actions moving to 168. Wouldn't be surprised if Golovkin vs Smith happens now at 168, Mikeys DAZN date was supposed to be when Golovkin made his mandatory defence against Szeremeta.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        ... is it for Josh Taylor or not?...
        Hearn has nothing to do with Taylor

The only involvement was the last fight because the WBSS teamed up with Hearn for the final.

Taylor is with Cyclone promotions and has never directly worked with Hearn.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

The only involvement was the last fight because the WBSS teamed up with Hearn for the final.

I dont think Cyclone have the ability to put on a Taylor card anymore. All their other boxers have left them, and Taylor has outgrown the Channel 5 TV deal, if they still even have it.

He'll be signing with someone co-promotionally soon, and luckily Taylors relationship with Shane will keep Barry clinging into the sport

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

... right... Tylor's last three fights were promoted by Sauerland under WBSS, and they were "aired" by DAZN USA...

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
              Its too late for Charlo, 160 about to become a desert town, all the actions moving to 168. Wouldn't be surprised if Golovkin vs Smith happens now at 168, Mikeys DAZN date was supposed to be when Golovkin made his mandatory defence against Szeremeta.

Thanks for this info. I been running my mouth for years how much hype BJS. Cringed when casuals would say Canelo would have problems with BJs. Only problems he’d have with BJS is if he cancelled last minute, though Warren’s out of the picture. Should anything happen similar I’d expect Hearn to treat the situation differently and more affirmative opposed to the excuses that Warren would make.

BJS vs Shefat... ffs

I predict 5th round stoppage by Canelo tbh. Canelo in his prime and he ain’t playing around anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Articulateboxin View Post
                Looks like they finally found an opponent for Andrade
                i like mikey but andrade will embarass him. andrade got skill and mikey cant fight at distance.

Comment

Originally posted by JabRight View Post
                  i like mikey but andrade will embarass him. andrade got skill and mikey cant fight at distance.
                  Maybe you already knew this, but I was just joking Mickey was a poor WW, let alone a MW!

Comment

Originally posted by Articulateboxin View Post
                    Maybe you already knew this, but I was just joking Mickey was a poor WW, let alone a MW!
                    lol yeah i am a mikey fan but his attitude towards big fights is starting to get annoying. its like bruh you cant have an A side attitude when your fights arent speaking for themselves. keep building yourself up at least. lipinets is still doing his thing staying active.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                      Anything is better than inactivity. Mikey, just like most guys on the PBC side, has been very inactive that last year and that never helps. Not only does it make you rusty inside the ring, your popularity decreases too because people forget about you. He got major exposure from the Errol Spence fight despite clearly underperforming and he should've tried to come back with a solid win that year to ride that wave. He completely dropped the ball on that one and whatever fanbase and attention he got from that event, he lost all of it again and now he has to start from scratch basically.

It's a sad thing and it's a common pattern with all the PBC fighters, it's like they're specialized in NOT riding the popularity wave to build superstars. It's really terrible to watch.
                      Spot on! He wasted so much time with the legal battle against Top Rank only to be on the shelf collecting dusk when he’s a free agent now?? He lost the hunger and the Spence fight was a $$$ grab

He sold out basically, almost equivalent to quitting. Such a shame too so many good fights Garcia can be in

Comment

Working...
                      X