No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Joshua's Performance Against Ruiz 'Was A Joke'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timur78 View Post
    Arum is 88 years old and senile but still has more brain than most people on the forum
    or in the boxing game.

Look at where he is at 88 and look at where you are.
    Then try to do what he is doing at 88. Good luck.
    Hes a Havard educated lawyer, a deceptive old sod by hes own admission, i doubt many people have the privileged background he did either. But he doesn't talk sense about boxing, he just trashes other promoters and their fighters. That's the motivation,not educating us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
      Yeah, i could see that. I could also see that Wilders yet to fight a young guy who can punch so its an unknown variable. Literally, hes two wins over old Ortiz and nothing worth mentioning aint he? 🤔
      The only young guy Joshua has fought that can punch is Ruiz lol

The shambling remains of Wladimir Klitschko and Joseph Parker ain't a whole lot to write home about either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timur78 View Post
        Arum is 88 years old and senile but still has more brain than most people on the forum
        or in the boxing game.

Look at where he is at 88 and look at where you are.
        Then try to do what he is doing at 88. Good luck.
        bob is in real good shape for 88 no doubt about it....but he doesnt really run things anymore...todd does....bob is still the face and the figurehead.....he still makes sense from time to time and hes not completely gone...in fact he still has his wits about him pretty well for 88

but my dad is 78 and can barely remember what he had for lunch yesterday...and hes a pretty tough old bastard who has outlived 90 percent of his good friends that i know from growing up.....

bob is in good shape for his age...but hes not running day to day ops at top rank

Comment

• arum is just being a blatant hater right now. Tyson fury fights like that all the fookin time and he's your heavyweight star. The fighter you're promoting this weekend has also had multiple boring fights and you called him p4p #1 after each of them.

Oh and didn't he predict Ruiz to win? You can't be wrong on a prediction and then call the performance a joke.

Comment

• What is a joke: Arum having Fury fight Tom Schwarz and Otto Wallin in successive fights.

Joshua vs Ruiz was a valid rematch. What was Joshua supposed to do? Not go after his belts? Offer up his chin to level the playing field?

If 15 other heavyweights could beat Ruiz (and I don't think I agree with that), how many could beat Tom Schwarz?

Comment

• Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
              arum is just being a blatant hater right now. Tyson fury fights like that all the fookin time and he's your heavyweight star. The fighter you're promoting this weekend has also had multiple boring fights and you called him p4p #1 after each of them.

Oh and didn't he predict Ruiz to win? You can't be wrong on a prediction and then call the performance a joke.
              somtimes i think half the reason he brought fury in in the first place was to keep him away from wilder for a bit and try to piss haymon off for not letting the pbc guys fight crawford so far...

what arum says/did is no different than AJ commenting on how fury beat wlad and then turning around and putting on the performance he did against ruiz...go back and look at what AJ said about how fury beat wlad back when

Comment

• Says the promoter of the guy with the 66% KO rate, who drags audiences through 12 round borefests with Otto Wallin and Pianetta, Fury’s whole game is technical boxing skill, but he’s the least attractive to watch, especially for casual fans.

Comment

• Old Crook Bob knows a fraud heavyweight "champion" when he sees one. Hell, he promotes one himself.

This old f--k better not run off with Gypsy B---h again like he did the first time. Bob and Fury- the new Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston.

Comment

• People who feared AJ for his power have lost respect. To call the fight a joke is just hyperbole, but an eye opener. Usyk is beating a path to AJs door, Pulev chomping at the bit. Like Wilders power is real and his defense can suffer, because fear is a defense. The glass in that jaw is real, watch everyone go for the homerun. AJ might even catch a few reaching in, but we know the crystal is there. What one man can invent, another man can discover.

Comment

• Originally posted by garfios View Post
                      I remember when Rigondeaux beat up donaire, he buried Guillermo, and that was a master class.
                      That was master class.

Comment

Working...
                      X