No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo: Andrade Is Hiding Behind A Network Right Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
    Not at all! I actually like Jermall Charlo and Andrade, I just think it is time for them to go ahead and create their own legacy by fighting each other instead of just playing it safe and hoping that Canelo picks them one day to fight him

So yes, it is a lot of people who try to get guys to eliminate each other to keep their favorite guys safe. That is most certainly not my motive, I just want to see 2 GIFTED fighters finally get their chances in Big Fights and it seems like the only way that will happen is fighting each other because right now neither Canelo or GGG seems interested in either

If one can get GGG and the other get Canelo in a Round-Robin Tournament at 160 then that would be EVEN BETTER!
    They SHOULD do a Tournament like PBC is doing with the 147 division. I wish we could get that started.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
      Charlo is an idiot.

Andrade signed with the network that has Canelo and GGG because he wanted them. Charlo stayed put because he didn’t care if he fought those two.

Andrade signed to fight BJS. Charlo’s toughest test at 160 was Matt Korobov.

He needs to stfu about people hiding.
      And how is fighting GGG and Canelo going for Andrade.

Signing with Dazn was a huge mistake. His profile is even lower in the US now lmao.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
        A tourney at 160 would be great...but all those guys would have to sign up for it too...times like this I wish boxing had a UFC type promotion where one guy makes the fights.

Problem at 160 right now is everyone wants the Canelo payday...and no one else wants to do much else too risky right now to get out of line with that...could these guys taking tough fights, and winning, get them the Canelo opportunity? Possibly...problem is we just still don't know at that point which way Canelo would go...he has and always will probably have so many options.

GGG at least fought Derevychenko, though that was always going to go his way I think if it went 12 (I had it edged to GGG in a close fight) so it was an easier fight to take, though it was still a tough fight and not a Brandon Adams or Hogan type fight at all.

I think all these guys at 160 should mix it up though and not wait for Canelo...fighting each other, and winning, will help build their name anyway, and give them other options, even if it isn't Canelo at first.

These guys need to take some more risks...I give GGG a bit of a pass because he is on the way out...in my view no reason why Charlo-Andrade or Charlo-SD don't happen...I think they are great fights and should be easy enough to make.

Everyone is so scared to lose their zero nowadays.
        I Agree!
        Charlo vs Derevyenchenko who was at Charlo fight, is a good fight as well. If Charlo truly wants to step up he has options now

Comment

• People still taking the Charlos seriously? Talking all this crap knowing he'll never fight Andrade, GGG, or Dev

Comment

• Originally posted by andocom View Post
            Its pretty easy for anyone to say they are currently getting paid more than some offer, its also pretty easy to settle it with a purse bid situation.

In this particular situation it seems odd for Charlo who isn't signed to a network to call on Andrade who is to come over, or am I mistaken?

Saying you want to fight on some network for more exposure or whatever is fair enough, but if that network aren't offering your opponent as much as what they would get elsewhere, why should they take a pay cut for your exposure.
            Its a tough business.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              Both fighters have wasted a good chunk of their careers. Charlo cool with fighting nobodies on PBC and Andrade fighting nobody and signed with DAZN to get better fights and still can't get a marquee fight. They might as well fight each other.

Although I think DAZN would offer more money for the fight I will say that neither is that well known so if exposure is what they are looking for then a fight on Fox would get them more than a fight on an app. Let's be honest here, nobody is paying 20 bucks to sign up for DAZN to watch these two fight, none of them have casual's attention. If it's on Showtime it does even less numbers
              Can't say that when he asked for the fights that the "fans" are afraid of..

Comment

• Originally posted by Themanager View Post
                Not taking the Jermell Charlo fight was true BUT there is a $20M lawsuit with Roc Nation because of their involvement in that decision and Andrade actually signed a contract to fight Jermellin January just weeks later when he realized the Jay-Z thing wasn't happening and it was Jermell's side that refused to sign after Andrade had actually signed an agreement for the first time to fight him!

The Derevyenchenko thing was never even real because Andrade was specifically told by HBO for weeks before that bout that they did NOT have a fight for him in Montreal after Andrade begged them to put him on the card and then just weeks before the fight they came back and said we can put you on with Chenko because another fight fell thru and Andrade turned it down for that date because he had been out of the gym for weeks at that point because HBO told him he WASN' Fighting!... Andrade offered to fight Chenko on HBO anywhere but wanted 8 weeks notice so he could actually train! There's always more to the story than what gets put out there!!
                https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...jermell-charlo

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                  Can't say that when he asked for the fights that the "fans" are afraid of..
                  Who did he ask? Did he actually contact other promoters or managers seeking those fights? Saying you want to in the media or to someone is nothing if you aren't backing it up by actually pursuing it. See check this out...I, Rip Chudd want to fight Anthony Joshua for the titles.

Nothing will happen though, cause that's just me saying it. That's Charlo's career at 160

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                    They SHOULD do a Tournament like PBC is doing with the 147 division. I wish we could get that started.
                    Absolutely. FML am I agreeing with J.razor on something lol

1. Canelo vs. 8. Jaime Munguia
                    vs.
                    4. Jermall Charlo vs 5. Sergei Dervychenko

2.GGG vs 7. Chris Eubanks Jr
                    vs.
                    3. Demetrious Andrade vs. 6.Ryota Murata

Make it happen.
                    Last edited by yankees7448; 12-10-2019, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
                      Absolutely. FML am I agreeing with J.razor on something lol

1. Canelo vs. 8. Jaime Munguia
                      vs.
                      4. Jermall Charlo vs 5. Sergei Dervychenko

2.GGG vs 7. Chris Eubanks Jr
                      vs.
                      3. Demetrious Andrade vs. 6.Ryota Murata

Make it happen.
                      Those are some good matchups I think as well...they would all sell in their own way

Comment

Working...
                      X