No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dillian Whyte Officially Cleared By UKAD, Charge Withdrawn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jondacon View Post
    If you describe my comment as "personal attacks" then what was your original reply? Had zero bases in fact and was just an emotional retort filled with bias. How exactly was YOUR response form any argument? It doesnt. Hypocrisy at its finest.

And "YOUR view" of a title holder means absolutely NOTHING. You are noone. FACTS are he IS a Champion and NO it isnt entirely different then World HW Champ. Wilder's claim is the strongest seeing to how he never lost his titles and his competition has been the best recently.. not to mention how he finishes fights.

I'm hardly snowflakey about it. Unlike the rest of you, I dont get too emotionally invested in fighters. I'm a boxing fan, not a fan of a certain boxer, promoter, country, etc...
    My view means enough for you to respond with emotionally charged drivel, twice. You did that voluntarily

Only ESPN rank Wilder no.1, and prior to that, nobody ranked Wilder no.1. This is because Wilder’s resume, despite being a titleholder for 5 years, is critically underwhelming. Had the Povetkin fight happened, this might have been different so it’s not entirely his fault. There is also the Fury fight which most people felt he was extremely lucky to scrape a draw. But those are the current facts.

Those facts seem to contradict the foundation of your personal view, that Wilder’s claim to being the world champion is the strongest.

If the remaining criteria for you judging who is the best is simply ‘how he finishes fights’, then I, like everyone else, can safely gloss over a clear minority view

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
      My view means enough for you to respond with emotionally charged drivel, twice. You did that voluntarily

Only ESPN rank Wilder no.1, and prior to that, nobody ranked Wilder no.1. This is because Wilder’s resume, despite being a titleholder for 5 years, is critically underwhelming. Had the Povetkin fight happened, this might have been different so it’s not entirely his fault. There is also the Fury fight which most people felt he was extremely lucky to scrape a draw. But those are the current facts.

Those facts seem to contradict the foundation of your personal view, that Wilder’s claim to being the world champion is the strongest.

If the remaining criteria for you judging who is the best is simply ‘how he finishes fights’, then I, like everyone else, can safely gloss over a clear minority view
      Brother there is literally zero emotion. Do you read my response as upset? Angry? No. Maybe you lack reading comprehension.. idk.

Do you need rankings to tell you who is good and who isnt? Have you ever seen a ranking list from any org? They're pretty bad.

Wilders resume isnt as bad as people try to make it seem. It's pretty similar to AJs in all honesty. AJ has taken more chances sooner, but he has the star power to due so.. he can pay these opponents to get in the ring with him.

I'm not sure how Povetkin fight falling out due to his drug test and a fight vs Fury were 50/50 ppl think Fury won by easy dec or Wilder should've won by KO somehow contradicts my personal view.. he's still the longest reigning title holder. Still undefeated. 10 consecutive title defense that puts him as a part of history. ALL these things combined with how he finishes fights is what makes him the best HW. Not to mention he wins the heads up battle vs AJ...

Anyways, the whole point was you saying UK fans dont care.. but here you are going back and forth with me trying to prove your point. You care, so do I.

Also you made all these fake claims that have been proven to be untrue.. how can anyone take what you say seriously when you say "noone ranks him number one... only ESPN has him #1..". "He's a contender... but he has a belt.." "he looks to be the next HW Champion... Deontay is the WBC Champion of the World". Lol.

Then after correcting your delusional opinion its "stop personally attacking me, you're so emotional!.... lol. Seriously brother?

Comment

• Originally posted by jondacon View Post
        Brother there is literally zero emotion. Do you read my response as upset? Angry? No. Maybe you lack reading comprehension.. idk.

Do you need rankings to tell you who is good and who isnt? Have you ever seen a ranking list from any org? They're pretty bad.

Wilders resume isnt as bad as people try to make it seem. It's pretty similar to AJs in all honesty. AJ has taken more chances sooner, but he has the star power to due so.. he can pay these opponents to get in the ring with him.

I'm not sure how Povetkin fight falling out due to his drug test and a fight vs Fury were 50/50 ppl think Fury won by easy dec or Wilder should've won by KO somehow contradicts my personal view.. he's still the longest reigning title holder. Still undefeated. 10 consecutive title defense that puts him as a part of history. ALL these things combined with how he finishes fights is what makes him the best HW. Not to mention he wins the heads up battle vs AJ...

Anyways, the whole point was you saying UK fans dont care.. but here you are going back and forth with me trying to prove your point. You care, so do I.

Also you made all these fake claims that have been proven to be untrue.. how can anyone take what you say seriously when you say "noone ranks him number one... only ESPN has him #1..". "He's a contender... but he has a belt.." "he looks to be the next HW Champion... Deontay is the WBC Champion of the World". Lol.

Then after correcting your delusional opinion its "stop personally attacking me, you're so emotional!.... lol. Seriously brother?
        You came out swinging when I posted a perspective on Wilder. There’s nothing more emotionally charged than that. Instead of ‘I disagree because..’ it was ‘you don’t know boxing, not well versed’ etc. Things like that don’t really work, but like I said before, I’m glad if it helped to get it off your chest. You’ll fit in well around here

I don’t care about Wilder, but I’ll respond to your replies. These aren’t the same things. As for my personal view on Wilder, I think he’s just another promotional experiment that isn’t succeeding. If he goes on to legitimately beat Fury, I’ll rank him no.1 and afford him credit accordingly. But I’m not doing that now when it’s not deserved, that’s for the fanboys like yourself.

People can take my view seriously because my evidence is there for everyone to see. How is it fake to say no one other than ESPN ranks Wilder no.1? That is a simple fact. Taking this fact, and coupling it with the fact he has been a titleholder for 5 years allows me to conclude that his resume is underwhelming. 5 years is ample time to get to the top of the division if he is capable.

My view on the HW World Champion isn’t a fact, it’s a perspective that some of us share. Since it’s so fractured at the minute with several competing claims, it’s not so far fetched to evaluate them. And my evaluation on Wilders claim to the historical position is weak. If you don’t share the distinction between an ABC title and history’s champion, that’s fine and I won’t mock you for it.

As for the last comments, please stop putting words in my mouth. I never told you to stop personally attacking me, because I don’t care. You can do what you like, as it only reflects on you and your ability to reason

Comment

Working...
        X