Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Ortiz Rematch - PPV Buys To Land Just North of 275,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems to be the average now for pbc shows. Nothing special.

Comment

Yikes! That's the online stream and DAZN effect on PPV's now.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
        The numbers aren’t very good. Looking forward to the pbc spin sellers here doe
        When Wilder vs. Fury did 325,000 buys, you UK trolls insisted Fury was responsible for all of the buys and Wilder wasn't a PPV fighter.

So Wilder fights Ortiz, who has no fanbase whatsoever, and Wilder still does over 275,000 buys. Days ago, you UK trolls were insisting the fight did 2,500 buys. It ends up doing over 275,000 buys and then you say the numbers aren't good.

Would Fury vs. Ortiz have done more than 275k buys? No. Would Joshua vs. Ortiz have done more than 275k buys? No. Would Jarrell Miller vs. Ortiz have done more than 275k buys? No.

So if the numbers aren't good, who would do good numbers in your opinion? Many of you claimed the fight would flop and had no business being on PPV. Yet it did over 275,000 buys at $75 a pop. Clearly the public found the fight to be PPV worthy.

Comment

Now that sounds more REALISTIC at least

Still not Great but OK for a Fight that should not have been on PPV! Dropped the ball not putting this on FOX for Free right after the Ohio State vs Penn State Game which drew 8 million viewers. It also would've been a great move going into the fight with Fury to put Wilder on Fox leading up to that PPV instead of doing just the most unnecessary PPV. I get it, fighters asking for a lot of money so PPV's helps get them paid BUT PPV's should be used for the right fights

Props to Espinoza he made the right call passing on this one. I'm sure they will go all in for Wilder vs Fury II as they should

Wilder Fans gotta relax with this "Face Of Boxing" while trying to bash Mayweather, I can tell you right now, bashing Mayweather will NOT help you build your Profile. Maybe with guys on youtube who think they have some sort of Power in the sport of boxing because they have a few subscribers but with the Casual Sport Fan who actually have MONEY and Pay to watch PPV that is a terrible approach. Wilder seems like a very good guy and his story is incredible but I think he have some supporters that if he listen to them, they will F#CK UP opportunities for him and I personally don't want that

Mayweather also should promote better, he was the Promoter for Wilder vs Ortiz II, he could easily help these current fighters and boost their PPV Buys, Ticket Sales he has that Power. Mayweather has the reach and the following to be the biggest Promotion in boxing but EGO won't allow him to do that sadly
          Last edited by sicko; 12-04-2019, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Tyistall put me on ignore because I asked why he would question the legitimacy of PPV sales before the fight even happened.

Someone go in to his thread

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=833842

and post this so he, BangEM, and the rest of the British Boxing Cuckery can hate on this accurate number.
            LMAO. Your moist arse is celebrating fake numbers reported by a paid reporter now? We all know US is the home of propaganda and deceit.

The fight didn’t do more than 80k. Tell FOX and PBC to release the official numbers with proofs. What are they hiding? Barb releases real numbers in the UK. Those frauds need to do the same.

Comment

not bad.....

Comment

BOMMMMMBed, squad.
                Last edited by DaNeutral.; 12-04-2019, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Even with the fake numbers - it still failed and Wilder isn’t sniffing $8million..

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    When Wilder vs. Fury did 325,000 buys, you UK trolls insisted Fury was responsible for all of the buys and Wilder wasn't a PPV fighter.

So Wilder fights Ortiz, who has no fanbase whatsoever, and Wilder still does over 275,000 buys. Days ago, you UK trolls were insisting the fight did 2,500 buys. It ends up doing over 275,000 buys and then you say the numbers aren't good.

Would Fury vs. Ortiz have done more than 275k buys? No. Would Joshua vs. Ortiz have done more than 275k buys? No. Would Jarrell Miller vs. Ortiz have done more than 275k buys? No.

So if the numbers aren't good, who would do good numbers in your opinion? Many of you claimed the fight would flop and had no business being on PPV. Yet it did over 275,000 buys at $75 a pop. Clearly the public found the fight to be PPV worthy.
                    Theres a sucker born every day and a fanboi comin out the closet every second. Numbers are only ok. Lets not pretend that they are great. Wilder's last fight sold more, not by much, last time. I dont remember a time where not selling as much as last time is a good thing. But to each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      Last i heard it was a little north of 300,000 but that's including digital buys. Consider Fox said they get 10-12% digital buys that would put it just above the 300,000 mark.

Good call bro.

Comment

Working...
                      X