Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Wouldn't Be Talking Fury If We Had Same Ref From Ortiz Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    If Wilder has to cling on to the fact a ref didn’t stop a fight prematurely and gift him a win, then it’s just showing he knows he lost
    Did you read the article or just a title? He wasn't complaining about the fury fight at all.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
      "If we would’ve had him in the Fury fight, we wouldn’t be talking about a Fury [rematch] right now.”

that statement from wilder tells me he's worried about the rematch...and he's still salty about jack reiss' count. he wishes fury was counted out so he doesn't have to fight him again. he got totally outboxed the only way he could win a fight against fury is if he knocks him out. when he saw fury got up after getting hit like that it messed up his mindset for the rematch.
      It tells you what you want to hear. Wilder simply made a statement based on the tendencies of two different referees. Other referees are on record as saying that they likely would have stopped the fight.

Comment

so what wilder is saying he needs a utterly corrupt g-ayfeather and pbc shill ref to cheat for him, what a joke

Comment

He needs to let that one go. He got a favour from the judges, he wants one from the ref as well?

Fury beat the count and finished the rest of the round off well.

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
            birdlegs needs a sympathetic referee to win because his opponents keep getting up. if birdlegs hits so hard why don't they stay down and why couldn't he put the big dosser away after he got up in the 12th round. want to see a real KO watch JMM vs pacquiao 4 . what birdlegs did to fury and ortiz nothing more than flash knockdown they keep getting up just like in frazier vs foreman 1 they keep getting up
            So following that logic, Frazier got up from 6 knockdowns against Foreman. So I guess Foreman doesn't hit hard either. Just like Wilder. ��
            Last edited by Tman500; 11-26-2019, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
              It tells you what you want to hear. Wilder simply made a statement based on the tendencies of two different referees. Other referees are on record as saying that they likely would have stopped the fight.

not the first time he *****ed about the ref's count and never said anything about the gift draw he got from the judges. it's not really about the count though...it rattled him that fury got up and outboxed him the rest of the round. fury even showed energy by taunting him up some more and it was wilder who's clearly gassed up and was clinching.

Comment

maybe uncle Al should call over ian john lewis or terry o conner to come over, so they can wave it off after a wilder flurry on the ropes?

Comment

Boxing fans correct me if I am wrong. When you watch the knockdown Wilder is referring to in the link below, do you notice what I do. When you knock an opponent down, you retreat to the neutral corner RIGHT AWAY. The ref checks to make sure your there and then starts the count. You often see that in most fights, the ref is pointing to the fighter to go to the neutral corner or looking at him to make sure he did.

Watch the video, Wilder is dancing and clowning around. And watch the clock. Had he retreated right away allowing the ref to start the count sooner, he would have won. Watch the clock, and watch him dance around. Wilder cost himself the victory because of that.

https://youtu.be/Lg2uQ1uoBJU

Comment

That is so very true. Tyson Fury wouldn't have never gotten up in time from that second knockdown in the 12th had Kenny Bayless been the referee. He would have been counted out.

Comment

I'd put money on the Ortiz count being longer than the Fury one. Bayless counted 8,9,10 slow as ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X