Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So What Is The PPV Tracking Estimate For Wilder/Ortiz 2?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maguirre View Post
    Like I've been telling you people. The internet is an example where millions of people are online, probably even a billion. You sell a product for $1 a piece, only about less than 20 people would buy it. Everyone wants freebies.

1,000 is a huge, huge number. That's why I don't even believe these silly 100,000, 200,000, 300,000, etc. figures even during the May/Pac era. Schaefer knew this, Espinoza knew this, Haymon knew this. HBO knew this.

So all these figures that are coming out in hundreds of thousands are all fantasies. They're designed to mislead people.
    So you're saying Mayweather/Pacquiao only sold like 200,000?

Comment

Fox/PBC giving away huge guarantees for 2 fighters. If they're true there has to be reason for this. Your guess is as good as mine.

Stupid Hearn will come back offering massive amounts of money. Then the lowball cries begin. Rinse and repeat.

Comment

It's in the red that's for sure. They had to match DAZN's guarantee to Wilder hoping to make up for it with the Fury fight. Espinoza is happy he didn't put it on Showtime PPV but let FOX take the loss. They had the option to grab it.

Comment

Originally posted by Murcielago View Post
          So you're saying Mayweather/Pacquiao only sold like 200,000?
          No, I was referring to their respective fights prior like May/Ortiz, Pac/Rios, May/Berto, etc.

May/Pac, there will never be anything like it in our lifetime. Pac and May will still do good numbers individually.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftzman View Post
            High time for fans to be skeptical of any number that comes out ranging from 50K - 100K.

$100 Canadian for only one fight is hard to shell out for most people nowadays. It's almost the price of a refurbished laptop that you can use for many years.
            Exactly. Fans need to band together and demand sources, evidences how they come up with grossly exaggerated numbers.

Comment

Like I've been telling you people. The internet is an example where millions of people are online, probably even a billion. You sell a product for $1 a piece, only about less than 20 people would buy it. Everyone wants freebies.

1,000 is a huge, huge number. That's why I don't even believe these silly 100,000, 200,000, 300,000, etc. figures even during the May/Pac era. Schaefer knew this, Espinoza knew this, Haymon knew this. HBO knew this.

So all these figures that are coming out in hundreds of thousands are all fantasies. They're designed to mislead people.
              Bro, anyone can create a youtube channel, as another example. Unless it's something about cute puppies, kittens, horses, etc., you can never get 1,000 people to subscribe to your channel for less than a year or something.

And subscribing to a channel is just one click of a button.

Comment

Not hating but isn’t this tracking at less than 100k buys?

Comment

Exactly. Fans need to band together and demand sources, evidences how they come up with grossly exaggerated numbers.
                  Funny part is fanboys can't even accept anything below 200K. Same fanboys who never bought PPVs in their lives.

Comment

Considering they were giving away a TON of tickets... not surprised PPV flopped...

Comment

Originally posted by kraftzman View Post
                      Bro, anyone can create a youtube channel, as another example. Unless it's something about cute puppies, kittens, horses, etc., you can never get 1,000 people to subscribe to your channel for less than a year or something.

And subscribing to a channel is just one click of a button.
                      I have a Youtube channel with recorded digital painting videos. Been there for 3 years and I only got 123 subscribers.

Comment

Working...
                      X