No announcement yet.

Wilder's punch is for real. But Ortiz is and always was crap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
    I’m not sure if Ortiz was always “crap”, but he looked terrible tonight. I’m still dumbfounded why he’d move into wilder’s right hand and to the ropes, when there was nothing stopping him from moving to his right to the centre of the ring. There’s a reason wilder, who was throwing almost nothing for 6 rounds, suddenly launched that right hand.

what fight were you guys watching?

he pretty much dominated until the very end of the 7th round.

Comment

you guys are f#cking clueless. ortiz had a good gameplan and wilder's power [and chin] bailed him out. you could tell wilder was biding his time, but you have to understand that even then all he'd have was the chance to land one big shot. a puncher's chance. styles make fights. ortiz was a flat out better boxer and if wilder didn't have one of the best right hands i've ever seen then we'd have a cuban HW champion.

credit goes to wilder for being able to get past all of his flaws and trust his power like that. he was taking big shots. he really does have supreme confidence in his right hand. that can get you through a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        you guys are f#cking clueless. ortiz had a good gameplan and wilder's power [and chin] bailed him out. you could tell wilder was biding his time, but you have to understand that even then all he'd have was the chance to land one big shot. a puncher's chance. styles make fights. ortiz was a flat out better boxer and if wilder didn't have one of the best right hands i've ever seen then we'd have a cuban HW champion.

credit goes to wilder for being able to get past all of his flaws and trust his power like that. he was taking big shots. he really does have supreme confidence in his right hand. that can get you through a lot.
        That's literally exactly what I said

No one with a brain could say that Ortiz looked anything but an old man in there. He had 6 decent rounds in him before his form drops, Wilder knew that and literally took him out with the first punch he threw.

Comment

Ortiz was gassed by the 6th. Old man is old.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Luis Ortiz Slams Whyte: Strap Your Nuts On, Face Me on Dec. 1
            https://www.boxingscene.com/luis-ort...-dec-1--132449
            Doe, read what is in your link first before posting it.
            Whyte:
            “I offered to fight Ortiz years ago, but he didn’t want to know,” Whyte said in the article. “He didn’t even want to know this summer and asked for silly money, coming off his knockout loss to Wilder. And [he] made it clear that he wouldn’t be ready for July 28, which was the date we had available. Funnily enough, it didn’t stop him from fighting someone else on that day.”
            You seriously believe Whyte is afraid of grandpa Ortiz,
            and at the same time been desperately wanting a piece
            of a younger prime ass in Wilder?
            Last edited by rickJen; 11-24-2019, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              That's literally exactly what I said

No one with a brain could say that Ortiz looked anything but an old man in there. He had 6 decent rounds in him before his form drops, Wilder knew that and literally took him out with the first punch he threw.

you said he looked like crap and i have no idea how you think that's what i posted. ortiz is a lefty with power and he had 300 amateur fights. he is not crap and he's hit wilder harder than anybody else by a long shot. he's old.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                you said he looked like crap and i have no idea how you think that's what i posted. ortiz is a lefty with power and he had 300 amateur fights. he is not crap and he's hit wilder harder than anybody else by a long shot. he's old.
                I don't know what you saw, I saw an old man with skills on the decline. There's no snap in his punches at all and Wilder didn't look worried for a second in there.

I literally spoke to my wife 20 seconds before the stoppage, saying he was letting his form go, getting too confident and he should take a step back as the round was ending.

Next up, my wife said "what happened??!"

Comment

Ortiz must fight somebody top 10 not named Wilder to determine how good he is. Because we actually just know that he lost to Wilder twice and that his best wins are Jennings, Thompson, Hammer.

Would love to see him against Povetkin -Hunter winner.

Comment

Ortiz is obviously a very skilled fighter. Wilder really sucks outside of just being a monster physically though.

Comment

As I said many times before, Ortiz is overrated, because his fans think that being +40 still can be the best in HW. He's a decent HW fighter with a good technique, but not that special as many think. He got this fight because Wilder likes him and should be happy for the money he earned.

Comment

Working...
                      X