Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Respect For NSAC's Suspension Guided VADA on Chavez Jr. Tests

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Was this a fact? That Chavez only refused testing because he hasn’t sign the contract at that point? Did he sign the VADA drug testing contract before the actual fight contract? That would be odd if that’s the case.

If this was a big misunderstanding then I wouldn’t expect the fight to be moved swiftly from Nevada to Arizona. I would have expected Team Chavez to have sit and explain those facts to the NSAC and VADA. Not just agree to go to Arizona under another sanctioning body.

They left themselves open to accusations by doing that, especially with Chavez history of failed tests.
    I'll post a quote from Chavez Jr.
    "I have nothing to hide. I'm ready for any test," Chavez told ESPN Deportes about turning down the test. "The anti-doping guy came here (to the gym) angry. He did not show any credentials as they are supposed to do. Any day I can do the test if they guarantee me it's the same way for Jacobs. I don't understand because I have nothing official for the fight."
    I've been following this story closely and I haven't seen any articles staying that he had signed a VADA drug testing contract.

Per ESPN the NSAC can activate drug testing protocol even if a fight hasn't been signed. Chavez Jr and his lawyers are obviously protesting because he wasn't even licensed in the state of Nevada at the time. Imo it was a big misunderstanding.

Even if all the details of the bout have not been worked out and all of the contracts are not yet signed, once promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Boxing placed a hold on the MGM Grand Garden Arena for Dec. 20, the Nevada commission has the right to activate its enhanced drug-testing protocol, which it did, with VADA handling the collection.

Comment

All I can do is laugh at how mad Bob Arum was when Al Haymon stole Chavez Jr. away from him with some huge contract. I bet in hindsight both of them are glad he is gone now LOL

Comment

Originally posted by lieutenant View Post
        I'll post a quote from Chavez Jr.

I've been following this story closely and I haven't seen any articles staying that he had signed a VADA drug testing contract.

Per ESPN the NSAC can activate drug testing protocol even if a fight hasn't been signed. Chavez Jr and his lawyers are obviously protesting because he wasn't even licensed in the state of Nevada at the time. Imo it was a big misunderstanding.
        Thanks for shedding more light on this, was following this for the last few days too. Not sure why the fight was moved then if this was all a misunderstanding, and why would a testing agent be angry? Unless he has been refused access to the boxer. If this is all a misunderstanding then they shouldn’t have move the fight, that makes everything look shady.

Comment

Anywho!!! If the fight moves forward as scheduled I truly hope Jacob's puts a serious beating on this punk so he can hang the gloves up for sure.

Comment

Working...
          X