No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Declined DAZN's $100M Deal Because of Dishonesty

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zodogg View Post
    Like Floyd did when he bought out Arum contract, oh but people said he ran from Cheato Rito . Only to make 30 mil vs 8 mil, sounds like a smart guy to me
    Who did he make the 30 mil against at the time he was offered the margarito fight??
    Did he not fight baldomir for $8,000,001?

Comment

• LMAO.

The dude from DAZN admitted he was wrong and the English muffins still won't admit it as if they know more than the cokehead John Skipper, who was actually there.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLC View Post
        I believe he can top that 100 mil, 3 fight deal.

His last three fights were, a FOTY candidate with Ortiz

A scrap that many many many people thought he lost vs Fury, where he knocked him down twice and almost stopped him in the 12th

And a 1 round destruction of Dominic Brezeale KO of they year candidate that was aired I believe on FOX PPV for all to see.

I think the Ortiz rematch will do solid numbers and I think the Fury rematch will also do very well if it happens.

I think the Ruiz fight if it happens to unify it all will do excellent.

He has a chance to do better than 100m in three fights, honestly. I am not saying he for sure will do it, but I like those odds of betting on himself. Then, assuming Wilder wins out, and AJ has something left in the tank, he can cash in on that fight as well.

A lot of things have to go right, and most importantly he has to WIN his fights, but no knock on anyone betting on themselves.

People wish Terrance bet on himself and left top rank to test the waters at PBC, but TR threw those guarantees in front of him and he took the money. Can't have it both ways.

Regardless, Wilder is MUST SEE TV. He will be fine.
        he has no chance. He made $10 mil for the brezeale fight. Dazone were offering double for that fight. That leaves 90 million for this Ortiz fight and the fury rematch. He won't earn half that for these two fights.
        But it's a moot point because Joshua lost

Comment

• So he's making significantly less under his uncle Haymon's company. And he says DAZN is the one being dishonest.

This clown is full of crap. What a joke.

DAZN needs to stay away from this clown. See if he'll make that kind of money.

Last edited by Bullrider; 11-21-2019, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            if there was even the slightest word of truth in that...

... then why did they refuse to reveal AJ's purse for the fight... ?

come on man, Wilder wanted his fair share

you know whats up
            i recall eddie hearn saying at the time Joshua was getting in the ballpark of 60million to wilders 40million.
            60/40 split

Comment

• Originally posted by harry-greb View Post
              Who did he make the 30 mil against at the time he was offered the margarito fight??
              Did he not fight baldomir for $8,000,001?
              Made 8 mil for Baldomir and next fight 25-30 mil for Oscar point is the smart business decision to get away from his contract with Arum... Anymore facts you need hommes??

Comment

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                Wilder, "I make way more money than what they’re offering anyway." You sure about that, Sport?

Espinoza confirmed that Wilder already made " similar " money to the DAZN offer

several other TOP insiders said that Wilder could make much more

those insiders were... Haymon, Arum, and... Eddie Hearn...

Hearn actually admitted that Wilder could make more than DAZN offered him

Wilder did not complain about the money, his issue was honesty

he wanted to see the books, but they refused

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  "build relationships" ... what kind of new age feminine nonsense is that?

Skipper wasn't offering to impregnate Wilder and raise a child with him .. he was offering him a fight contract!

Why should somebody need to build a relationship with a professional fighter in order to offer him an enormous sum of money to get in a ring and fight?

Sometimes its not what you say but how you say it.

I think that DAZN was condescending to Wilder as if he was a bit player in the conference room..

Here son...boy....Im in a hurry sign on the dotted line...Ive got a private plane to catch

DAZN is not making a impression in USA

Get rid of Eddie first pronto

Chad in Vegas

Comment

• Originally posted by BangEM View Post
                    Screwed up where? Skipper was just being professional by keeping the options open for the future.

This guy has turned down every offer, despite not sending any offers - apart from the fictitious $50million email offer with 48hrs ultimatum. Who offers $50million without a legit legally binding contract in print for that type of money? I wouldn't even agree to a £100 contract without a legally binding paper I can read and see what I'm signing for.

AJ has found a new dance partner in Ruiz and in two fights against him - he would make over $120million for both fights combined. Over $30million for the first fight and the rematch should top $90million once all the revenue streams have been added. In so doing - he would become a bigger star once the script for the rematch is acted out.

I don't know about the US - but everyone in the UK is waiting for Dec. 7. And the fight starts at 10pm out here (1am in Saudi Arabia). It's basically like fighting in the UK and the whole country would stand still for the fight, thus making it the most watched boxing event in British history. I'd be shocked if the PPV numbers aren't between 2.5-3million buys.

Wilder on the other hand would be struggling to sell 300k PPV buys for his rematch with Ortiz (I won't be shocked if he doesn't do more than 100k buys tbh, despite all the promo).

It's prize fighting and he needs AJ to make the type of money he dreams about. And when he was offered a life changing offer - he should've taken it. However, right now, regardless of what he does in his career - I don't see AJ fighting him again, unless he begs and crawls to UK to take a flat fee. AJ has made his money and he can ride into the sunset without looking back - win or lose. He probably just needs to beat Fury like a thief, if the ***** and his caraven bandits can stop fighting uber drivers and take a real fight in the UK. AJ beats Ruiz and then smash the one eye that's left on Fury's face after Wallin destroyed the other one - and he's cemented his place in the hall of fame. Wilder can continue his circus with PBC belt and fighting bums, while avoiding Whyte, his WBC mandatory.
                    What are you smoking

You do not know what the money split is between Fast Eddie and
                    Puzzyfruit.

You do not know how much DAZN pays Puzzyfruit.

Wilder has said no 50 50 no fight..so be it

If the Arabs love puzzy Fruit so much he may never fight in Wembley again

Comment

• It was never in Wilder's best interest to turn down dazn's offer, but it was MOST DEFINITELY in Haymon/pbc's best interest. If Wilder would've signed that $100,000,000 contract that would've put Haymon/pbc in very very bad shape. Wilder turned down the dazn offer out of pure LOYALTY to Al Haymon and defintely NOT because of any business logic. Just like Ortiz turned down the AJ fight because some of Haymon's people did some shady stuff behind the scenes with Ortiz's shady management team. It's Haymon's same strategy of trying to freeze people out like they're doing to Terence Crawford.

And the "mistake" that dazn's Skipper was referring to was the fact that he failed to realize that team Wilder wanted to have their sensitive little bootys massaged before talking business. Skipper did NOT say anyting about his mistake being that they didn't disclose AJ's financials.

Bottom line, if AJ beats Ruiz then we're back to square one with dazn/Hearn trying to get Wilder to fight on dazn. If Ruiz wins then all of this dazn/Skipper/Hearn talk is irrelevant because it will be an all pbc matchup with Ruiz vs Wilder with AJ/Hearn/dazn left out in the cold.
                      Last edited by jinx_htx; 11-22-2019, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X