No announcement yet.

Does Ortiz have a shot at the upset?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    correct. 1 year when you're 40 is not equal to 1 year when you're 49. in your late 40's your traditional "trappings" which allow HW to go longer in their careers, like power and chin, go quick. wheres in your late 30's yoy may very well punch as hard as you did in your prime.
    Lol you have ZERO proof he is 50 years old. But either way, just a year ago he competed just fine with Wilder and was on the brink of KOing him.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      I watched a Joe Rogan interview with MMA star Yoel Romero the other day. Romero says he knew Ortiz in Cuba. The interview took place before the first fight, and Yoel said he thought Ortiz was 40 or 41 at the time. Luis was still listed at 38. So, if Romero is right, Ortiz is now 42 or 43.
      It's completely BS when people make those claims about Ortiz.

Ortiz was in the 2002 Cuba games, for those that think he was 50 years old, are we to believe he was 33 years old? Hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Ortiz was in the 2002 Cuba games, for those that think he was 50 years old, are we to believe he was 33 years old? Hilarious.
        What claims? 50, or 42-43? A lot of Cuban (and other Caribbean-based) athletes have been accused of fudging their ages. Romero says he knew Ortiz and he believed he was two or three years older than his stated age. Is he right? I don’t know, but it’s a reasonable claim. I do believe they knew each other.

Comment

Lol you have ZERO proof he is 50 years old. But either way, just a year ago he competed just fine with Wilder and was on the brink of KOing him.

other HW very consistently say he's in his late 40's or 50. amir mansour sparred with him and claims someone from his camp told him he was 45 at the time. jarell miller claims ortiz told him he was 41 or 42 several years ago.

as a prospect you want to look younger than you are so you seem more further along. as an older fighter you want to limit the red flags a promoter perceives regaring committing to you for a long term deal.

in ortiz case there is a lot of evidence supporting the idea that he's older than he is. testimony, his appearance, his coming from a very underdeveloped country / part of the world with a history of athletes doctoring birth certificates. there have been cubans and dominicans in the f#cking little league world series who have been busted for this! really!

Comment

dude these people dont know each other or have a unified purpose for making things up. yoel romero isn't even in the same sport!

it's just a fact that there is a preponderance of claims that ortiz is older than he says he is. it's entirely possible and at this point it seems quite likely that he's, at the very least, a few years older than he claims to be.

Comment

It depends on the judges . will they give Ortiz a close fight or rounds that Wilder looks good enough in ? Im predicting a robbery here ,I think the boxing public goes in on another shady display on Saturday. I think Ortiz will win 9 rounds at least and go the full 12.

Comment

Ortiz is better conditioned this time around. He'll finish the job he started the first fight

Comment

The fight will be rigged. Old man asthma isn't winning this fight unless he lands a punch from the gods.

Comment

Everything is possible, it is HW. But, frankly speaking, not very probable, Ortiz is too old.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                      It depends on the judges . will they give Ortiz a close fight or rounds that Wilder looks good enough in ? Im predicting a robbery here ,I think the boxing public goes in on another shady display on Saturday. I think Ortiz will win 9 rounds at least and go the full 12.
                      I’ll be rather surprised if this goes the distance. I think it’s much likelier this ends in a KO. And the chances are Ortiz will be on the receiving end.

Comment

Working...
                      X