Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is she seriously trying to claim racism and play the victim here? Smh

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
      I just have never been able to get into the women fighting thing...just can't do it yet lol...even the pretty ones, I don't want to see them get hit!! lol
      I'm a huge boxing fan, and I respect anyone willing to step in the ring, BUT in women's boxing the competition is terrible. That's what makes it boring. You got mediocrity across the board and like 2-3 special talents and you don't really know how special because there's no one else elite to challenge them really. In women's boxing right now, you got Shields (olympic star), Serrano (just be knocking most her opponents out, crazy power for a woman), Braekus is legit but she on her way out (she 38). Don't say Katie Taylor - i had her clearly losing vs ... Persoon i think her name was,... i scored it 6-4 (even though it was close, the 6 rounds were clearly won by Persoon imo.

Now with all that being said. I named 3 women, 1 of which is close to retirement age - Braekus undisputed welterweight champ, has been for almost 4 years. Serrano is a 7 weight champ with serious KO power, and Shields who like Katie Taylor won gold at Olympics. 3 Women though? For an entire sport and they wonder why they aint getting paid anywhere near equal money to men? Cuz no one gives a **** and pays to watch mediocrity.

Comment

Jabba the Hutt was a thug. What race is he? Jabba just an ugly mofo.

DaNeutral. It’s like 78, lookin like Jabba

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
          Jabba the Hutt was a thug. What race is he? Jabba just an ugly mofo.

DaNeutral. It’s like 78, lookin like Jabba
          Yeah but 78 aint no thug hes just a fat sweaty racist on the internet. No thug hes too slow to cause anybody any physical harm. Hed prob have a heart attack trying. Hes just best left in his bedroom spitting all over his monitor and keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
            I don't think you're understanding the point. There is a difference between claiming someone is a real life thug, and using the term as brovado about your fighting style in legal boxing competitions.

I'm pretty sure that's the distinction that Clarissa is discussing here, right? Those that have an agenda want to pretend that's not obvious. Is there any proof that she is an actual thug?

No, I don't know about the origin of the word. I do know that Clarissa Shields doesn't deserve to be labeled a thug because of something her brother did. I think that's common sense.
            It's probably worth noting at this point that whilst some folk on here might be calling Claressa a thug I've not actually been able to find anything where Ivana herself does - though she does call her classless and says she hangs out with thugs.

I can't see why 1013 brought up the origin of the term, cos common usage is all that really matters in this context but if you ever saw Indy Jones and the Temple of Doom you can get Hollywoods rather surreal take on who the thugees were, although the truth is naturally a little more nuanced.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
              So you think that Claressa knew about the attack before or while it was happening, when she was in the lockerroom or bathroom, was it?

I find that hard to buy. Obviously she didn't know anything about it before or during.
              Obviously? based upon what? She is there on stage when the trash talking happens, then there is a gap in the video record, then trainer gets attacked. no way of knowing what she said to her bro inbetween, no reason to be sure she didn't know anything

The first time a member of her family sucker punched someone she cheered them on and was praising the attack on twitter. she has been smarter the second time but how we can be sure she wasn't involved when we know 100% she supports that kind of behaviour?

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                You people need to get your head out of your asses. Hey W1LL is this one of your alts?
                Hey bro, alts ain't my style. I'm still not over Claressa beating up Christina Hammer though... tried to switch my allegiance to Katie Taylor but then she got an absolute gift against Delfine Persoon and looked like trash in her last fight.

Comment

She reminds me of Jukebox from Power.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    It's probably worth noting at this point that whilst some folk on here might be calling Claressa a thug I've not actually been able to find anything where Ivana herself does - though she does call her classless and says she hangs out with thugs.

I can't see why 1013 brought up the origin of the term, cos common usage is all that really matters in this context but if you ever saw Indy Jones and the Temple of Doom you can get Hollywoods rather surreal take on who the thugees were, although the truth is naturally a little more nuanced.
                    Man, I haven't seen that movie in ages. Good stuff! I may just check that out. Not just for the thugees but just because I remember being pretty good. And thanks for the info, bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crushinator View Post
                      Obviously? based upon what? She is there on stage when the trash talking happens, then there is a gap in the video record, then trainer gets attacked. no way of knowing what she said to her bro inbetween, no reason to be sure she didn't know anything

The first time a member of her family sucker punched someone she cheered them on and was praising the attack on twitter. she has been smarter the second time but how we can be sure she wasn't involved when we know 100% she supports that kind of behaviour?
                      I don't know anything about what happened before with her family member, but being that she was on stage or, I think she said in the bathroom with her team when the attack happened, I think she wasn't involved. Sure you can say she whispered to her brother to go after the guy, so I can't be 100% sure, but come on dude. I seriously doubt she was so upset by what happened on stage that she told her brother to go and physically attack an old man.
                      Last edited by travestyny; 11-17-2019, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X