Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claressa Shields | Ivana Habazin Called Me A Thug Might As Well Call Me A N*gg*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's absolutely right. There's no reason to accuse her of being a thug. As far as I know, she doesn't have a criminal record and there is no crime that anyone has proof of her committing.

As for her saying that they are going to bring the thug and gangster out of her, it's clear that she doesn't mean that in a criminal sense, no more than Rose "Thug" Namajunas is saying that she is an actual thug.

She's not playing the race card, as time and time again we've seen this word used as coded language for black people. Just because a few rappers glorify "thugs" doesn't give anyone a right to falsely accuse her of being one. She has every right to speak out against unsupported attacks on her character.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
      Yeah and you're a fu,cking clown so go blow up some balloons and fu.ck off
      While I'm blowing up balloons, I hope you pick up a book, improve your language and IQ

Comment

Originally posted by megh50 View Post
        While I'm blowing up balloons, I hope you pick up a book, improve your language and IQ
        Yeah I'm a lot smarter than you man but have a good night.

Comment

Yeah I'm a lot smarter than you man but have a good night.
          You too man. Respect

Comment

She ain't a thug, she just surrounds herself, at times, with the wrong people (family or not). I have a couple undesirables in my family. At the end of the day they still family but I don't go out of my way to have them around me all the time. I see them at family events - that's it.

When you know someone has a specific mentality and you just throw caution to the wind, and have them around you at work. That's a problem. She should have better judgement skills than that. He should never be allowed to attend any of her pre or post fight **** again. Let him watch the fight in the stands and stfu.

I could see why people don't like her though. To be more accurate, she comes off as a self entitled A-Hole. She's great in a sport (female side) where the talent pool has barely any depth. That's why no one watches that ****. I'll watch, maybe 2-3 female fights total each year vs mens boxing where ill watch entire cards (undercard and main) almost every weekend. Would love to see her fight an Ann Wolfe type. Shut her up real quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooklynguy6 View Post
              She ain't a thug, she just surrounds herself, at times, with the wrong people (family or not). I have a couple undesirables in my family. At the end of the day they still family but I don't go out of my way to have them around me all the time. I see them at family events - that's it.

When you know someone has a specific mentality and you just throw caution to the wind, and have them around you at work. That's a problem. She should have better judgement skills than that. He should never be allowed to attend any of her pre or post fight **** again. Let him watch the fight in the stands and stfu.

I could see why people don't like her though. To be more accurate, she comes off as a self entitled A-Hole. She's great in a sport (female side) where the talent pool has barely any depth. That's why no one watches that ****. I'll watch, maybe 2-3 female fights total each year vs mens boxing where ill watch entire cards (undercard and main) almost every weekend. Would love to see her fight an Ann Wolfe type. Shut her up real quick.

I just have never been able to get into the women fighting thing...just can't do it yet lol...even the pretty ones, I don't want to see them get hit!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                She's absolutely right. There's no reason to accuse her of being a thug. As far as I know, she doesn't have a criminal record and there is no crime that anyone has proof of her committing.

As for her saying that they are going to bring the thug and gangster out of her, it's clear that she doesn't mean that in a criminal sense, no more than Rose "Thug" Namajunas is saying that she is an actual thug.

She's not playing the race card, as time and time again we've seen this word used as coded language for black people. Just because a few rappers glorify "thugs" doesn't give anyone a right to falsely accuse her of being one. She has every right to speak out against unsupported attacks on her character.
                If Rose got offended by someone calling her a thug...she should be tested for CTE immediately and never allowed to fight again...if you call yourself Thug Rose and then would get offended by someone calling you a thug, you're a grade A idiot.

Btw - do you know the origin of the word thug?

Comment

If Rose got offended by someone calling her a thug...she should be tested for CTE immediately and never allowed to fight again...if you call yourself Thug Rose and then would get offended by someone calling you a thug, you're a grade A idiot.

Btw - do you know the origin of the word thug?
                  I don't think you're understanding the point. There is a difference between claiming someone is a real life thug, and using the term as brovado about your fighting style in legal boxing competitions.

I'm pretty sure that's the distinction that Clarissa is discussing here, right? Those that have an agenda want to pretend that's not obvious. Is there any proof that she is an actual thug?

No, I don't know about the origin of the word. I do know that Clarissa Shields doesn't deserve to be labeled a thug because of something her brother did. I think that's common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                    I don't think you're understanding the point. There is a difference between claiming someone is a real life thug, and using the term as brovado about your fighting style in legal boxing competitions.

I'm pretty sure that's the distinction that Clarissa is discussing here, right? Those that have an agenda want to pretend that's not obvious. Is there any proof that she is an actual thug?

No, I don't know about the origin of the word. I do know that Clarissa Shields doesn't deserve to be labeled a thug because of something her brother did. I think that's common sense.
                    She called herself a gangsta in the same breath she got offended about someone calling her a thug man...like wut

It is fair to wonder how much Claressa knew about the attack and whether she wanted her brother around to send a message or come to her defense if things got heated...acting like she was some innocent angel in that whole scenario is a little nauseating.

Thug comes from the word thuggee who were Indian gangsters in the country of India...so the word has maybe evolved over time as some words do...but to act like it is synonymous with one race of people now is ignorant and kind of a little selfish almost tbh...like it's all about me mentality

Comment

She called herself a gangsta in the same breath she got offended about someone calling her a thug man...like wut

It is fair to wonder how much Claressa knew about the attack and whether she wanted her brother around to send a message or come to her defense if things got heated...acting like she was some innocent angel in that whole scenario is a little nauseating.

Thug comes from the word thuggee who were Indian gangsters in the country of India...so the word has maybe evolved over time as some words do...but to act like it is synonymous with one race of people now is ignorant and kind of a little selfish almost tbh...like it's all about me mentality

So you think that Claressa knew about the attack before or while it was happening, when she was in the lockerroom or bathroom, was it?

I find that hard to buy. Obviously she didn't know anything about it before or during.

And I think we are agreeing. "Thug" is certainly not synonymous with a race.

Comment

Working...
                      X