No announcement yet.

5 better active resumes than GGG's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
    Hey man all we can do is call it like we see it and go from there...I would say that since those two losses to Alcine and Rubio 8 years ago...all Lemieux has done is beat everyone he has faced, most of them very convincingly...except for the loss to GGG which he was outclassed.

And then vs BJS, where he was again outclassed, and imo lost every round by like 2 points...BJS knows how to do enough to win close but clear rounds and I feel that is what he did...and that was the best version of BJS we have seen, where he was in that 2 fight stretch with Lemieux and Monroe.

But yeah imo there is no shame in being a level or two below a prime GGG, and a level or so below the best version of Saunders.
    No shame at all.....unless dude is completely outclassed. Take your ''Champ of the C Class'' ass back where you came from.

Mike Tyson is another guy. Holy and Lenny...They embarrassed Mike. For me, none of his other wins mean diddly.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
      No shame at all.....unless dude is completely outclassed. Take your ''Champ of the C Class'' ass back where you came from.

Mike Tyson is another guy. Holy and Lenny...They embarrassed Mike. For me, none of his other wins mean diddly.
      Lol well hey at least now I know GGG is in good company with you with Mike

Comment

Lol well hey at least now I know GGG is in good company with you with Mike
        GGG > Mike

GGG has yet to be embarrassed (came close with his Mexican Challenge).

The truly great aren't great because they do what's expected....

Comment

GGG > Mike

GGG has yet to be embarrassed (came close with his Mexican Challenge).

The truly great aren't great because they do what's expected....
          Lol well hey if you list GGG over Mike Tyson then man I gotta say I was not expecting to hear anyone say that...a prime Mike Tyson was something else imo...just an unreal talent.

Comment

Lol well hey if you list GGG over Mike Tyson then man I gotta say I was not expecting to hear anyone say that...a prime Mike Tyson was something else imo...just an unreal talent.
            Vs who, though

This is what frustrates me with fight fans. Yes, watching a guy nearly kill guys HE'S SUPPOSED TO KILL can be entertaining (hysterical).

Comment

Vs who, though

This is what frustrates me with fight fans. Yes, watching a guy nearly kill guys HE'S SUPPOSED TO KILL can be entertaining (hysterical).
              Somebody posted it the other day...but he basically beat every top 10 contender during his run in the late 80s early 90s...his wins over Ruddock, Bruno, Spinks, and Tony Tucker stand out to me.

Mike was 0-3 in some ways vs Lennox and Holyfield...but he wasn't the same guy then imo...and I would list his wins over some of those guys as noteworthy wins as well.

Most guys, even greats, are about even in big time fights and I think Mike was no different...just that 3 of his bigger ones came when he was past it and at the end of his career...he went 5-5 in those last 10 fights including 2 Ls to not good fighters at all.

Holyfield was a great fighter though and always would have been a tough matchup for him though...and Lennox as well.

Comment

Somebody posted it the other day...but he basically beat every top 10 contender during his run in the late 80s early 90s...his wins over Ruddock, Bruno, Spinks, and Tony Tucker stand out to me.

Mike was 0-3 in some ways vs Lennox and Holyfield...but he wasn't the same guy then imo...and I would list his wins over some of those guys as noteworthy wins as well.

Most guys, even greats, are about even in big time fights and I think Mike was no different...just that 3 of his bigger ones came when he was past it and at the end of his career...he went 5-5 in those last 10 fights including 2 Ls to not good fighters at all.

Holyfield was a great fighter though and always would have been a tough matchup for him though...and Lennox as well.
                When the opponent is questionable at best, they are upgraded and losses get explained away.

Even in the weakest div, in the weakest eras, there will be ''top'' guys. Besides Grandpa Holmes and Cashing Out Spinks, what guy did Mike beat have a notable legacy ?

As with LeMeh, Mike was easy pickings the rare times he stepped up.

Comment

I call him LeMeh....Other than ko'ing saps, what about him impresses you ?

He is the step up and lose champ.
                  The man's name is Lemieux. If you don't think he's all that fine but show some class..

Comment

Yeah we are going with official resume here... if we were going with subjective resume people would be all over the place...and tbh most neutral people would have GGG way better than it is now since he was probably the better man vs Nelo over the course of those 2 fights.

And if that's all you have for GGG now...you must honestly not know hardly anything about boxing man...idk if you are newish to the sport but maybe study up a bit before posting lol...send me a PM if you have any questions.

Brilliant insights there though...I like your tagline...it suits you
                    I gotta say buddy. You've been on this forum for 9 months and managed to rack up almost 5 thousand posts. This is the first one I have noticed and only because you quoted me. You really need to work on this 'posting' thing.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      It's Lemieux not LeMew. Stupid remarks like that show how biased you really are.
                      Mario Lemieux is probably a better fighter than David LeMew

Comment

Working...
                      X