No announcement yet.

5 better active resumes than GGG's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Thread starter has to be trolling us all, nobody can be so delusional and ****** as to actually believe the nonsense about Lemieux etc he types. Even hardcore Golovkin fans are saying this guy is delusional.
    Lol...coming from the most delusional guy on this board, that is rich...it's 6 am in the UK...good morning 'Robbie'!...what kind of man posts under a fake name like that...what a loser.

And if someone can name one crazy thing I said about Lemieux go ahead...all I said is that was a really good win, and it was...that is obvious really...how is beating a prime big punching, on a roll, natural MW a worse win than beating up a shot old past great above his best weight...makes 0 sense if you are neutral on the subject...which of course you aren't.
    Last edited by Boxing_1013; 11-16-2019, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
      Honestly man I think all that stuff can be subjective...like the bum question...some seem to call everyone bums...except when similar guys fight guys they like lol.

I would like to see it, if GGG really wants it...he is aging and I think if he wants it, yeah he should get a rematch...not necessarily on his terms but yeah if he wants it he should get a shot to earn the belts back.

Depending on the manner of victory Canelo will get some credit for it I think...of course we both know that if GGG loses/looks bad, then a lot of people will say "GGG got old" etc...but yeah it will be a nice feather in the cap for Canelo if he can end the rivalry definitively (or somewhat definitively) in his favor.

So yeah I don't think he would get as much credit as he should if he were to win clean or even KO GGG...but then again, as great as Canelo is, and this goes for any fighter - if a guy doesn't want to give them any credit for a win, well he won't.

I saw it with Wilder when he KOed Ortiz...that fight showed me he was the real deal...others immediately said that Ortiz was old and a bum...just the way it is unfortunately...guys would rather call someone a bum rather than give a guy they don't like respect.
      9 times out of 10, an honest fight fan can spot a bum (no hoper) instantly. They're usually someone's opponent in a tune up fight

OR

Maybe a guy was kinda good back in the day but became a bum (stayed in too long).

GGG won't beat Nelo and Nelo will not get any credit

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
        9 times out of 10, an honest fight fan can spot a bum (no hoper) instantly. They're usually someone's opponent in a tune up fight

OR

Maybe a guy was kinda good back in the day but became a bum (stayed in too long).

GGG won't beat Nelo and Nelo will not get any credit
        Man I have it 2-0 for GGG but if I seriously see Canelo beat him, regardless of how old GGG is, I will give him his props...that's just me though.

Yeah I'm just expecting people to keep it the same across the board...if they are going to call some guys bums...well do it when your guy is facing a guy like that too.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
          Brooks is a welterweight and LeMew and Murray are garbage. So that's 2-1-1
          It's Lemieux not LeMew. ****** remarks like that show how biased you really are.

Comment

Man I have it 2-0 for GGG but if I seriously see Canelo beat him, regardless of how old GGG is, I will give him his props...that's just me though.

Yeah I'm just expecting people to keep it the same across the board...if they are going to call some guys bums...well do it when your guy is facing a guy like that too.
            I have it 1-1-0 Nelo. The draw was a draw and Nelo got the better of him in the rematch.

In both fights, GGG was basically a jabbing machine. No body attack or combos and was definitely out boxed.

Had Nelo on the ropes and couldn't take advantage.

Jab,jab,jab,jab,jab,jab......an occasional right to the head.

C'mon, now.

A bum is a bum I always say;
            Bums May fought -
            Ortiz, Berto, McGregor, Gatti (how was he ever going to compete with May ) come to mind
            Bums Nelo fought -
            Khan (not a complete bum at ww), JCC jr, Fielding, Kirkland, J Lopez (see Khan) come to mind.

I'm sure there are more for each.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              It's Lemieux not LeMew. ****** remarks like that show how biased you really are.
              I call him LeMeh....Other than ko'ing saps, what about him impresses you ?

He is the step up and lose champ.

Comment

I have it 1-1-0 Nelo. The draw was a draw and Nelo got the better of him in the rematch.

In both fights, GGG was basically a jabbing machine. No body attack or combos and was definitely out boxed.

Had Nelo on the ropes and couldn't take advantage.

Jab,jab,jab,jab,jab,jab......an occasional right to the head.

C'mon, now.

A bum is a bum I always say;
                Bums May fought -
                Ortiz, Berto, McGregor, Gatti (how was he ever going to compete with May ) come to mind
                Bums Nelo fought -
                Khan (not a complete bum at ww), JCC jr, Fielding, Kirkland, J Lopez (see Khan) come to mind.

I'm sure there are more for each.
                Yeah I like those lists of 'bums'...I think that term would fit...as far as them just not being in the same league as those guys...I do find it impressive when a guy still performs well and dominates against those guys...because not all great fighters do...some of them look bad in there vs those guys, and some even lose.

Yeah I just felt GGG was too active in both fights really...he was outlanding in most rounds, and had a few rounds in each fight where I felt he landed the best shots to go along with the punch edge as well, so those would be clear rounds for him...I just don't think Canelo was really active enough in either fight...and yeah GGG's jab is just a really good scoring punch imo usually.

Comment

I call him LeMeh....Other than ko'ing saps, what about him impresses you ?

He is the step up and lose champ.
                  I mean that was a prime, big punching, MW that was in his best form...I don't see how that isn't listed as a really quality win for GGG.

Not saying Lemieux is a HOFer lol but yeah he was a really formidable opponent at that time imo...I try to look at what version of that guy it it was, and that was a great version of Lemieux who is a good-really good fighter.

Comment

Yeah I like those lists of 'bums'...I think that term would fit...as far as them just not being in the same league as those guys...I do find it impressive when a guy still performs well and dominates against those guys...because not all great fighters do...some of them look bad in there vs those guys, and some even lose.

Yeah I just felt GGG was too active in both fights really...he was outlanding in most rounds, and had a few rounds in each fight where I felt he landed the best shots to go along with the punch edge as well, so those would be clear rounds for him...I just don't think Canelo was really active enough in either fight...and yeah GGG's jab is just a really good scoring punch imo usually.
                    I refuse to be that fan where my hero can never do any wrong.
                    Some fans put reputation > resume (see LeMeh). Beats up every C level guy there is. Step up a class and he gets owned. Not even competitive.

I agree. some bums will make a guy look bad by not trying to win. Winning for them is not getting ktfo.

GGG was the aggressor in the 1st fight. Sometimes it was effective aggression. There's more to winning a fight (or should be) than chasing and jabbing.

Maybe I'd be that judge that people would throw rotten vegetation at

Comment

I refuse to be that fan where my hero can never do any wrong.
                      Some fans put reputation > resume (see LeMeh). Beats up every C level guy there is. Step up a class and he gets owned. Not even competitive.

I agree. some bums will make a guy look bad by not trying to win. Winning for them is not getting ktfo.

GGG was the aggressor in the 1st fight. Sometimes it was effective aggression. There's more to winning a fight (or should be) than chasing and jabbing.

Maybe I'd be that judge that people would throw rotten vegetation at
                      Hey man all we can do is call it like we see it and go from there...I would say that since those two losses to Alcine and Rubio 8 years ago...all Lemieux has done is beat everyone he has faced, most of them very convincingly...except for the loss to GGG which he was outclassed.

And then vs BJS, where he was again outclassed, and imo lost every round by like 2 points...BJS knows how to do enough to win close but clear rounds and I feel that is what he did...and that was the best version of BJS we have seen, where he was in that 2 fight stretch with Lemieux and Monroe.

But yeah imo there is no shame in being a level or two below a prime GGG, and a level or so below the best version of Saunders.

Comment

Working...
                      X