No announcement yet.

5 better active resumes than GGG's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
    Hold on...you guys are trying to act like you're the impartial ones...and saying that Ward-Kov 1 wasn't a complete robbery...wut lol.

That's the thing...if I saw someone clearly beat GGG...I would have 0 problem admitting it...just like I have 0 issue admitting when he loses rounds...but you're such a fan of Ward, that you find rounds for him that aren't there to give him a win he has no business in getting.

So yeah I just can't really take your boxing analysis seriously.

Btw...Abraham went more or less life and death with everyone he fought...he just grinded out decisions in his own backyard and if it was close he would always get the nod...just like Ward...lol...also...he beat Steiglitz 3 fights AFTER Ward, going 12 rounds...and got KOed by Steiglitz 5 fights after the Ward fight...and 7 fights BEFORE the Murray fight...and he KOed Steiglitz right BEFORE Murray.

So if you were neutral in analyzing that...you would say, OK, yeah looks like he was actually in good form vs Murray...and maybe not really any better form vs Ward...but of course you are a fan so you will try to spin everything that you can in your favor...go ahead man, you can try and convince yourself I guess.

I would say BJS was on his PEDs vs Monroe and Lemieux when he faced them...that was certainly the best form of his life...I don't know why he looked great vs those 2 guys and sh.it in a lot of other fights...but I think it probably had something to do with the nasal spray, and also fighting to the level of his opposition.

Like I said, I think it is impressive to beat a prime, in form, guy at his natural weight...that is generally more impressive to me than beating a shot, old, fat former great above his best weight...it is hard to believe there isn't universal agreement on that btw.

And as I said...how did you score the Murray Abraham fight? Because like most who watched it...I saw Murray win...but because it was in Germany he lost...you know how that goes, you're a Ward fan lol...but seriously...yeah MM did as well vs Abraham, at 168, and just 9 months after GGG...and that was his 4th fight after GGG!!!....did just as well as all those other guys you mentioned.

That disputed SD decision over Murray is Abraham's best win...but you are hyping up that win for Ward, while getting on GGG for beating Murray at his natural weight class right after he beat a decent version of Sergio...and also getting on GGG for beating an in form version of Lemieux.

Just makes 0 sense to me man and yeah I just think you are a fan and that's cool..but I don't think you are really capable of keeping it real here.
    Ward-Kov was never a robbery, it was close & in the end Ward proved to be much better stopping him in the rematch.

Abraham was thoroughly out boxed by Froch, Ward, Dirrell etc. YEARS ago in his prime, he was 35 when he fought MM in after a ton of tough bouts. There was no controversy over the scoring either, A.A won fairly. Ramirez more than outperformed M.M schooling A.A Clear gap in class. Paul Smith was also giving AA a good scrap and got a rematch.

Abraham's best win is Jermaine Taylor, BETTER than anyone ggg has beat smh. AA could've broken the 160 defense record but chose to move up to 168 & fight world class opponents, not ggg.

Lemieux is C level dude, who did he ever beat? Even Curtis Stevens got hyped up despite previously losing to who was it Brinkley? These guys did nothing before or after.

Comment

Good post thanks man...yeah I just think objectively when you look at GGG's it ends up being strong...but there are a lot of devoted GGG dislikers on here so they will fight that tooth and nail really....some of the reasoning there from them just makes little sense...but when you see how emotional they are about fighters they do and don't like, well their analysis makes a little more sense...it isn't really logic based, just emotion really.
      GGG’s career was introduced late in the US. And he only had the big fights when he’s like 36...
      i mean well, who the hell fights better.. or is physically stronger at 36 than when they’re 28-30?

Even the goats didn’t. Even pac and floyd didn’t.

So i think if we gonna view it logically, it is definitely a factor on how his career turned out.

And there is a reason Oscar and Canelo delayed the fight a bit..

Comment

Btw part of what is impressive about the Murray win is how GGG just dominated him and won every round, 1-11...that is part of why it is an impressive win.
        nothing really impressive about beating a guy who was supposed to be a soft defence for Martinez.

but it was a world title defence, no less.

Comment

Where did I say it was a prime Sergio...I said it was a decent version of him...certainly better than the version vs Cotto...much better...I have no doubt he was still having issues after the knee surgery vs Murray...or more likely just was feeling his age.

But he had no knee braces on in that fight vs Murray...so as I said, it was a decent version of Sergio...we seem to agree on that, so not sure why you even quoted me.
          yeh i didnt say he was prime either so dead end there

Comment

• Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
            GGG’s career was introduced late in the US. And he only had the big fights when he’s like 36...
            i mean well, who the hell fights better.. or is physically stronger at 36 than when they’re 28-30?

So i think if we gonna view it logically, it is definitely a factor on how his career turned out.

according to GGG fans they are still delaying it!

Comment

He wasn't 36 when Ward offered the fight, stop the bull****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                Ward-Kov was never a robbery, it was close & in the end Ward proved to be much better stopping him in the rematch.

Abraham was thoroughly out boxed by Froch, Ward, Dirrell etc. YEARS ago in his prime, he was 35 when he fought MM in after a ton of tough bouts. There was no controversy over the scoring either, A.A won fairly. Ramirez more than outperformed M.M schooling A.A Clear gap in class. Paul Smith was also giving AA a good scrap and got a rematch.

Abraham's best win is Jermaine Taylor, BETTER than anyone ggg has beat smh. AA could've broken the 160 defense record but chose to move up to 168 & fight world class opponents, not ggg.

Lemieux is C level dude, who did he ever beat? Even Curtis Stevens got hyped up despite previously losing to who was it Brinkley? These guys did nothing before or after.
                Ramirez won easily because the fight was in the US, not Germany.

Jermain Taylor was done at that point man...come on, you should know that...look at his record around that point in time.

Lemieux is basically a worse version of Froch...and not by much imo....and GGG dusted Lemieux while Ward had a 7-5 fight with Froch.

So yeah man thanks for your posts but for whatever reason I just don't think you really keep it real here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  He wasn't 36 when Ward offered the fight, stop the bull****.
                  Dude why do you and others pretend like the whole situation with Ward/HBO and GGG never happened...where Ward said he wasn't ready for the fight straight away...like how do people not factor that in to everything...just come across as biased tbh

Comment

Yeah good post man...I still think overall he had a great career...I think with him being relatively unknown, and a very scary fighter in his prime...it just became a very tough fight for big name fighters to take...no real money in it and no credit, certainly not from casuals...so yeah he just kind of had to settle for best available usually, which didn't turn out too bad...still a lot of quality fighters he had to get through.

I'm glad he could at least get the Canelo fights at the end of career so he could get paid...after a long good career I think he deserved that.

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                    nothing really impressive about beating a guy who was supposed to be a soft defence for Martinez.

but it was a world title defence, no less.
                    Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                    yeh i didnt say he was prime either so dead end there
                    He was a top 10 MW man...who had basically just beaten Felix Sturm in Germany but they gave him a draw because it was in Germany.

And you were initially seemingly saying that I said Martinez was in great form in that fight...I clearly said at the beginning it was a decent version of Martinez, implying that I was aware he was not a prime version of himself...but he was not also completely shot, as he was in the Cotto fight.

Comment

Ramirez won easily because the fight was in the US, not Germany.

Jermain Taylor was done at that point man...come on, you should know that...look at his record around that point in time.

Lemieux is basically a worse version of Froch...and not by much imo....and GGG dusted Lemieux while Ward had a 7-5 fight with Froch.

So yeah man thanks for your posts but for whatever reason I just don't think you really keep it real here.
                      Ramirez CLEARLY out boxed AA lol, as did Eubank, Froch, Dirrell, Ward. AA beat Murray, there wasn't any controversy lol.

JT wasn't done, he only lost to the very top guys and was outboxing AA.

Did you just compare Lemieux to Froch? Smh. Froch has Taylor, Kessler, etc. On his resume, who has Lemieux beaten?

Comment

Working...
                      X