Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Six Years Max That I'm Planning To Finish My Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post

kownacki is with al haymon and the pbc....i think hes definitley in the plan at some point in the near future....
    Yes, the question is how near is this furure lol. I am very sceptic if Kownacki has his chance in 2020 and even 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Monzon99 View Post
      Fraud wilder's entire career is an act. And I can tell you the rest of his career will also be a giant act.

KO (dive) vs Ortiz rematch. KO Ruiz (who will lose to AJ). Another mutually rigged draw with Fury. A few more KOs vs Haymon hired PBC patsy employees like Kownacki, Stiveren, Washington, etc. Never fight Joshua. Never fight Whyte. Never fight Usyk. Final fight will be a rigged KO loss to that next Haymon fraud Agbaba from Africa or whatever his name is.
      damn son.

Agbaba is hilarious though!!

Comment

Originally posted by nick_viking View Post
        On what planet is Usyk worse than Kownacki?! 😂

If Wilder can keep winning for another 6 years, that’ll be truly impressive. He’ll have Hrigovic, Dubois, Ajagba, Joyce, the winner of Ruiz v Joshua (and probably the loser too) as well as Kownacki, Usyk and others as potential dance partners. Wonder how many of them he’ll face? 🤔
        Deontay Wilder, after the Fury 2 joint muddle deal, will likely be the anchor star on Showtime (while Errol Spence Jr stands as the anchor star on FOX) for however long his run lasts.

So yeah, winning Fury 2 gives Wilder a year to fight whomever he wants, Adam Kownacki has definitely earned his shot at Wilder, and Wilder will definitely want to fight the Joshua-Ruiz winner to try to seal the heavyweight division for the first time since Lennox Lewis.
        (With both the IBF and WBO mandatories due, depending on what Hearn tries to game, we're either seeing Pulev-Kownacki for the vacant IBF title, or Usyk-Parker/Kownacki/DuBois for the vacant WBO title).

Let's see how things unfold

Comment

Timing is going to be key

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
          aj supposedly offered ortiz a fight....and haymon offered ortiz more to fight wilder again....

now if AJ beats ruiz youd think "hey that means AJ/wilder would be red hot again"? right? but youre hearing hearn already talk about AJ/usyk...

kownacki is with al haymon and the pbc....i think hes definitley in the plan at some point in the near future....
          If Eddie Hearn really does make the move to go forward with the Usyk fight, the IBF will strip Joshua, and we'll see Pulev vs Kownacki for the vacant IBF title (need to check the rule but think the purse bid is on a 50/50 share for a vacant heavyweight title match between the top contenders, so let's see how Arum dances with that).

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
            It's good that he has a plan after boxing, this is one sport that you don't want to stick around too long in. Honestly I think three years at the most for him in the sport.
            Totally agree with this, dont like boxers going too long. But someone like Wilder who has power would probably benefit from a longer career, we all know the saying that power is the last thing to go.

The only issue would be he would start losing to those bums that he use to KO if he fights past a certain age.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              If Eddie Hearn really does make the move to go forward with the Usyk fight, the IBF will strip Joshua, and we'll see Pulev vs Kownacki for the vacant IBF title (need to check the rule but think the purse bid is on a 50/50 share for a vacant heavyweight title match between the top contenders, so let's see how Arum dances with that).
              Joshua would liked drop the IBF belt if he beats Ruiz, which means Usyk (Another Hearn boxer) would be fighting for it. I would expect to see AJ - Pulev to happen first. I see Hearn trying to keep those belt in Matchroom circulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Joshua would liked drop the IBF belt if he beats Ruiz, which means Usyk (Another Hearn boxer) would be fighting for it. I would expect to see AJ - Pulev to happen first. I see Hearn trying to keep those belt in Matchroom circulation.
                Usyk isn't rated by the IBF... so, yeah.

If the move is Hearn trying to hold onto the belts, it's Joshua-Pulev and Usyk-Parker (not sure where Parker is signed now).

Risk with that is how much money is Hearn/DAZN willing to send to Arum as ransom to avoid having to play dueling wallets on a 65/35 Joshua purse bid (with Arum also having the cudgel of messing with Joshua's UK deal).

Is keeping the pieces that they have worth sending $20m over to Pulev?

Comment

Working...
                X