Rate the levels of these fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    Canelo certainly learned from Floyd.

I don't like him as I've said a million times but he is developing in a different way I thought he could.
    Canelo learned how to actually box from the master floyd. Clownelo is somewhat improving.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
      My question to yall was Mosely shot during the Floyd fight or after?

Cuz to me it was almost like he aged round by round.

And lets not forget he was suppose to fight Berto and end up inactive a lil min. Which mite have something to do with him looking completely different vs Antonio ( physically)
      I wasn't following super close at that time...but over 4 years Mosley went from KOing Margarito...to getting KOed by Anthony Mundine (granted at 154)...exactly when he fell off after Margarito is probably up for debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jalen Rose View Post
        I wasn't following super close at that time...but over 4 years Mosley went from KOing Margarito...to getting KOed by Anthony Mundine (granted at 154)...exactly when he fell off after Margarito is probably up for debate.
        To me that long ass layoff he had has to be taken into account. He was training for Berto, then that hurricane hit and he end out for a longer time b4 the Floyd fight.

Comment

To me that long ass layoff he had has to be taken into account. He was training for Berto, then that hurricane hit and he end out for a longer time b4 the Floyd fight.
          Yeah like you said he may have aged rd by rd vs Floyd.

Comment

Yeah like you said he may have aged rd by rd vs Floyd.
            Yeah. Like the saying goes he prolly "aged over night"

But im not trying to take credit from Floyd. Im know for a fact Floyd walking Shane down mentally fcked him up big time.

Comment

Yeah. Like the saying goes he prolly "aged over night"

But im not trying to take credit from Floyd. Im know for a fact Floyd walking Shane down mentally fcked him up big time.
              I'm not a Floyd hater (imo lol) either...I have always said he was great...I think over the last half of his career he used his leverage as the A-side to take on not much risk...but he was still in there with a lot of quality opposition and never really had an off night that I saw...he was great imo.

Comment

Mosley at his peak - then Mosley vs Canelo
                Cotto at his peak - then Cotto vs Canelo
                Kovalev at his peak - then Kovalev vs Canelo

Pac at his peak - then Pac vs Floyd
                Canelo at his peak - then Canelo vs Floyd
                Mosley at his peak - then Mosley vs Floyd

Gamboa at his peak - then Gamboa vs Tank

scale of 1-5

Mosley 5 - Mosley-Canelo 1
                Cotto 4 - Cotto-Canelo 2
                Kovalev 5 - Kovalev-Canelo 3
                Pac 5 - Pac-Floyd 3.5
                Canelo 5 - Canelo-Floyd 5
                Mosley 5 - Mosley-Floyd 3.5

Gamboa 4 - Gamboa-Davis 3

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  scale of 1-5

Mosley 5 - Mosley-Canelo 1
                  Cotto 4 - Cotto-Canelo 2
                  Kovalev 5 - Kovalev-Canelo 3
                  Pac 5 - Pac-Floyd 3.5
                  Canelo 5 - Canelo-Floyd 5
                  Mosley 5 - Mosley-Floyd 3.5

Gamboa 4 - Gamboa-Davis 3
                  Ok a bit perplexed by the Mosley ratings in both fights..and also the Canelo rating for Floyd...but thanks for the reply

Comment

Ok a bit perplexed by the Mosley ratings in both fights..and also the Canelo rating for Floyd...but thanks for the reply
                    Mosley was shot to s/hit in the Canelo fight. He drew a journeyman and looked horrendous against Pac. Hence the 1.

Mosley last 5 before Floyd was Margarito KO, Mayorga KO, Cotto UD-L, Collazo UD-W, Vargas KO.

He wasn't shot by any means. Hence the 3.5.

Canelo just entered his prime by the time he fought Floyd. Hence the 5.
                    Remember he already had 43 fights by this time.
                    Since losing to Floyd, he reeled of 7 straight, 1 draw, then 4 more Ws.
                    His peak is a 5, he entered the 5 area when he beat Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      Mosley was shot to s/hit in the Canelo fight. He drew a journeyman and looked horrendous against Pac. Hence the 1.

Mosley last 5 before Floyd was Margarito KO, Mayorga KO, Cotto UD-L, Collazo UD-W, Vargas KO.

He wasn't shot by any means. Hence the 3.5.

Canelo just entered his prime by the time he fought Floyd. Hence the 5.
                      Remember he already had 43 fights by this time.
                      Since losing to Floyd, he reeled of 7 straight, 1 draw, then 4 more Ws.
                      His peak is a 5, he entered the 5 area when he beat Trout.
                      OK...but remember the Canelo fight with Floyd was at 152 pounds...and I don't think that was really his best version of himself...Mosley was also 38 vs Floyd and a bit inactive...and then fought Nelo soon thereafter...but thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X