Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devin Haney: I See Flaws in Lomachenko - I'm Better Overall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble but GGG is Kazakh and Korean both ethnically are Asian not Caucasian.
    Yeah I know his mother is half Korean...but his father was Russian I believe, not Kazakh....that or his grandfather who married his Korean grandmother was Russian.

And for all intents and purposes GGG is considered white...certainly by his detractors on here...if we were just basing race on looks then GGG and Canelo would both be considered white pretty easily....and that's where a lot of GGG's hate, and support, comes from, how he looks.

Comment

I see flaws in Wilders game too, but he'd probably KO me. Probably.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        If never been world WBC champ Luke Campbell nearly KO Bumchenko, what is there from stopping the ACTUAL WBC lightweight champ Devin the 'Dream' Haney from chinning Vasily?

Before Luke put hands on Bumchenko, Vasily was down on the score with Jorge Linares after getting dropped halfway through the contest in the sixth. It seems that every contender, good or bad are giving Lomachenko all he can handle, Devin is far more talented than Luke Campbell and more durable than Jorge Linares.

The aura of invisibility has been erased since Orlandoe Salido, and Bumchenko's hype has faded drastically at 135, even Vasily has acknowledged the struggle hes been having at his natural weight on video.
        Is Bumchenko supposed to be cute or clever??? It's not. It's just stupid and disrespectful. Loma has accomplished far more than Haney in far fewer fights. It has yet to be proven by Haney that he is more talented than Campbell or Linares and he has never beaten anyone near that good. He just fought a guy ranked 31st in world who couldn't break an egg and looked like a strong wind would blow him away but Haney could not knock the guy out. Loma is number 1 on so many pfp best lists and Haney is not on anyone's top 10 pfp best because he is unproven, Haney would be a big underdog if he fought either Tank or Loma.

Comment

Haney isn’t very good. Not yet, and I don’t know if he will ever be very good. He’s alright. He should not call out Lomachenko just yet. His defense has plenty of holes, and his power is not amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jalen Rose View Post
            Yeah I know his mother is half Korean...but his father was Russian I believe, not Kazakh....that or his grandfather who married his Korean grandmother was Russian.

And for all intents and purposes GGG is considered white...certainly by his detractors on here...if we were just basing race on looks then GGG and Canelo would both be considered white pretty easily....and that's where a lot of GGG's hate, and support, comes from, how he looks.
            His father is Russian, his mother Korean.

GGG looks more Russian than anything else. His “twin” bro looks more Asian.

Comment

Haney is just talking. He has no way of knowing how to see any flaws in a master boxer like Lomachenko. Devin is just big, athletic and talented but he is too tense and the rain and flails with a lot of his shots. Patient lomachenko would pick him apart. Devin just like tank are in this sport for the money only, and he knows his time is now if he wants to get the biggest draw at 135 in the ring with him. Haney can't beat Lomachenko and he knows it, and so do the purists.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                If never been world WBC champ Luke Campbell nearly KO Bumchenko, what is there from stopping the ACTUAL WBC lightweight champ Devin the 'Dream' Haney from chinning Vasily?

Before Luke put hands on Bumchenko, Vasily was down on the score with Jorge Linares after getting dropped halfway through the contest in the sixth. It seems that every contender, good or bad are giving Lomachenko all he can handle, Devin is far more talented than Luke Campbell and more durable than Jorge Linares.

The aura of invisibility has been erased since Orlandoe Salido, and Bumchenko's hype has faded drastically at 135, even Vasily has acknowledged the struggle hes been having at his natural weight on video.
                Lomachenko is a boring bum. We've heard you. It is all we need to know about you. Next please.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Haney dislocated his right shoulder in the fight. Yet still dropped his opponent and won dominantly 120-107 on all three cards.
                  Loma stopped Linares with the same issue. Compare opposition level.

Comment

Haney will be competitive for 6-7 rounds, than Loma will start to pick and break him apart little by little, just like he's done to all his opponents who were bigger and heavier then him - Linares, Pedraza, Campbell, even Salido, they were all trying to survive in the last rounds, including "the winner" Salido

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamking View Post
                      Remember when Haney went 12 with a cab driver from PR? When Loma is unifying the 135lb division?
                      remember when lomachenko went 12 with an uber driver and lost? Salido really is an uber driver... https://www.latimes.com/sports/boxin...215-story.html

Comment

Working...
                      X