Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haney Still Wants Lomachenko: We Can Get That Fight Done!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EDD1 View Post
    I'll clarify ,, I agree with the part about allowing young guys to make the challenge, I don't really view it as "is he ready or not" I just appreciate when you'd guys try to step up, the thing about Haney is that I don't think he sees Lomachenko as a cash grab the way some fighter do when they call out a top guy.
    And to your point, I don't believe Lomachenko is ducking anyone, not sure how you figure that
    Devin was supposed to fight campbell for the wbc. Devin would of beat campbell for that wbc THEN l0m0 would of had to go through Devin to get that strap. bob asked to bump Devin & put l0m0 in to fight campbell for the wbc. l0m0 beats campbell then Devin is the mandatory to l0m0's wbc belt. bob asked for l0m0 to be tagged with the franchise belt. Devin is no longer the mandatory. Its ducking 101. Can you see it or do you just ignore it like everyone else who aint about it??

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      Cuz he surrendered it to Devin.
      Lol just like Canelo "surrendered" his title to Charlo. I'll admit I'd like to see both those fights. As it is, my opinion is that Charlo's belt and Haney's belt are fake. They didn't have to beat anybody for them. Well, we both know it's WBC shenanigans. I'm content to see Loma fight the Commey/Lopez winner for all the belts, then see what he does next. It seems like his biggest money fight would be Tank Davis, not Haney.

Comment

There you guys go again. How did he not look good when he won all 12 rounds? Ya'll need to be paying attention to the fights instead of listening to the poor commentating. l0m0 is ducking Devin & I got my money on Devin.
        Relatively speaking. In his previous bouts he exhibited more in his arsenal. He looked the part of a cerebral fighter. Against Santiago he never got in a rhythm and had a hard time gauging distance. Against other opponents he had an excellent back foot game, utilizing the philly shell and seamlessly integrating a counter rear upper. Didn’t see much in terms of offensive variety this time aside from lunging in for lead hooks. His right although measured with a jab rarely connected flush because of Santiago’s dipping and clinching. I’d imagine as a fighter that doesn’t watch tape and relies solely on making adjustments he would adapt better. I mean come on man, that was supposed to be a showcase fight... I don’t understand how you can think the unified champ who has beaten quantifiably superior opponents could be ducking a guy who didn’t look great against the caliber of an opponent like Santiago.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Haney was the WBC mandatory. Top Rank requested the Franchise Champion designation knowing exactly what would happen: the title being taken away and Lomachenko never being forced to fight Haney ever again.
          So you believe after winning a belt if a fighter fails to fight their mandatory they should give that belt away to someone else?

Comment

l0m0 surrendered the title like a good little boy
            Loma is the Franchise Champ, a title given to champion who are elite fighters.

Loma got upgraded.

Comment

l0m0 waved the white flag & gave up the belt
              So you are a supporter of the Trans Champ?

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                So you believe after winning a belt if a fighter fails to fight their mandatory they should give that belt away to someone else?
                No, I don't believe that.

And Lomachenko had time before the mandatory was ordered so I'm shocked that Top Rank asked for the Franchise Champion designation so fast.

Comment

It wasn't gifted, it was surrendered by the previous holder.
                  *Upgraded.

Comment

Didn't it take like 20 years for l0m0 to step up to the pros?
                    Pretty sure 5 year old can't turn pro.

Comment

l0m0's a quitter
                      He makes people quit.

Haney to scared to even get in a real fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X