Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Derevychenko and GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens when a guy like GGG gets backed up or looks like crap is they give the other guy more credit than they deserve at times. He's supposed to be invincible I guess. The second Canelo fight he boxed fine moving backward as Canelo stalked him. Doesn't mean Canelo dominated him in any facet of the fight. People see what they wanna see instead of what's actually happening in the ring. Because a guy does better than expected doesn't mean he wins a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      What happens when a guy like GGG gets backed up or looks like crap is they give the other guy more credit than they deserve at times. He's supposed to be invincible I guess. The second Canelo fight he boxed fine moving backward as Canelo stalked him. Doesn't mean Canelo dominated him in any facet of the fight. People see what they wanna see instead of what's actually happening in the ring. Because a guy does better than expected doesn't mean he wins a fight.
      Yeah I think that is kind of my take away from those 2 fights as well...good post...I never really saw Canelo bother GGG much in his 2 fights, and I think SD did some good work vs GGG really, but GGG was maybe just content to take some of those shots to not cede ring position.

The guy is kind of a tank and I think it is fair to wonder if in some of his fights he will eat some shots instead of backing up completely, as he is looking to stay put and get off his own shots....especially if he feels he can take the shots/the guy isn't a huge puncher...obviously those still score for the opponent but GGG is usually very active so he ends up having his moment or two in most rounds as well.

Comment

I had it 114-113 GGG. Had him down after 10 but he won the last two rounds to nick it on my card with the 1st round knockdown proving the difference.

A lot of subjective middle rounds, I feel 114-113 either way or 115-112 to GGG are acceptable scorecards.

Comment

The one thing we can all take from this fight is that GGG's skills are seriously diminished. He's no longer a fearful monster. Takes too many shots because his reflexes are maybe 75% of his prime.

Canelo KO's him IMO and I agree with the ginger....there is no reason for a third fight between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
            The one thing we can all take from this fight is that GGG's skills are seriously diminished. He's no longer a fearful monster. Takes too many shots because his reflexes are maybe 75% of his prime.

Canelo KO's him IMO and I agree with the ginger....there is no reason for a third fight between the two.
            How is there no reason when they went 24 hard rounds with barely a clear winner ?

His excuse is lame. Knocking out GGG in a 3rd fight would mean more for his legacy than anything hes done thus far IMO.

Do it at 168 so there's no issue with losing all the weight after being at 168 and 175 recently

Comment

How is there no reason when they went 24 hard rounds with barely a clear winner ?

His excuse is lame. Knocking out GGG in a 3rd fight would mean more for his legacy than anything hes done thus far IMO.

Do it at 168 so there's no issue with losing all the weight after being at 168 and 175 recently
              IMO it won't be as competitive due to GGG being a much diminished boxer. Hell, make the fight; both guys will make a boatload of money. I just think GGG is past his due by date and Canelo hitting his prime. Might end up like Marciano/Louis.

Comment

IMO it won't be as competitive due to GGG being a much diminished boxer. Hell, make the fight; both guys will make a boatload of money. I just think GGG is past his due by date and Canelo hitting his prime. Might end up like Marciano/Louis.
                You may be right, GGG looked like he was going down in one of those middle rounds vs SD... I'd still like to see a definitive ending to the series like Marquez vs Pac.

There's about 10 good fights for Canelo between 160-175, I say get the GGG out of the way in May and then move on to other guys that are in their prime like Smith or Bivol at 168

Comment

It seems that way, but I think if GGG has one last great performance in him he will pull it out for Canelo. If GGG does win and it's a very hard fight, I think that would be the perfect way for him to bow out, leaving Canelo hanging for the 4th. Shame Golovkin never got the win in the first fight as he was the clear victor. Second could have went either way or a draw.

Comment

I had it 6-6 live with the knockdown being the difference. I haven't rewatched it yet but a fight like this that I thought one guy clearly won but when I watched again had the other guy was Pac-Marquez 3. Live I thought Marquez clearly won the fight but when I rewatched by myself without any noise around me, I had Pac winning like 115-113...

Sometimes the 2nd time around it's easier to be objective and not see things for a guy you're rooting for or just not having other people around helps also to pay attention.
                    I need to rewatch Pac and Marquez 1 and 2, but I have seen the 3rd fight 3 times and see Marquez winning by a landslide. He was on top of his game that day and Pac couldn't really get anything going.

Comment

Originally posted by cally83 View Post
                      I need to rewatch Pac and Marquez 1 and 2, but I have seen the 3rd fight 3 times and see Marquez winning by a landslide. He was on top of his game that day and Pac couldn't really get anything going.
                      what did marquez get going? marquez certainly didn't do a lot in that fight. it was close. very close. marquez has a case for winning for sure but a domination? where? if you look at the average card on eyeonthering the majority have pac winning 1,3,4,6,9,11,12 with marquez winning the other 5. 6 and 9 were insanely close and I can't really see a clear winner so if you flip those it goes to marquez. if you split those its a draw but i dont see how you get to a landslide victory. marquez won some of his rounds very clearly but he didnt win 7 clearly. not even 6 clearly but then again some people thought floyd dominated pac when pac landed the cleaner punches so its all nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                      X