No announcement yet.

Is Jose Luis Castillo TBE?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unified18 View Post
    Fine, then Mayweather's W over Pac shouldn't count either if we are using the "torn rotator cuff" excuse.
    I dont think much of Floyd's victory over Pac. Floyd's legacy was sealed before that imo.

But Floyd's torn rotatory cuff was a topic of discussion in the SECOND round, way before he knew the fight would be tough. Its not something he made up after the fight.

While Pac CLAIMED, he had a bad shoulder AFTER the fight. Sure he could've been being honest, but it honestly looked like an excuse, and he never should've said anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      Torn rotator cuff is bull where is the scar on the shoulder ? He has to have surgery to repair that . Floyd said that after the bout what did they have an MRI machine in the corner to verify that . Pacquaio, Lomachenko had surgeries Floyd never did that was an excuse for the @ss whipping he received
      But he brought it up in the second round. Its not something he said after the fight played out the way he did. He complained about it from the beginning of the fight, and didnt use the hand either.

Its a bit different from Pac using an excuse to most likely steal credit from Floyd, which I felt was inappropriate.

Not only that, but they had an immediate rematch, where Floyd looked completely different. Surely Castillio could''ve done it twice right?

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
        I dont think much of Floyd's victory over Pac. Floyd's legacy was sealed before that imo.

But Floyd's torn rotatory cuff was a topic of discussion in the SECOND round, way before he knew the fight would be tough. Its not something he made up after the fight.

While Pac CLAIMED, he had a bad shoulder AFTER the fight. Sure he could've been being honest, but it honestly looked like an excuse, and he never should've said anything about it.
        I don’t think much of Floyd’s victory over PAC either.
        Pac was way past his prime, and Floyd was fighting the clock, not the opponent.

But still, a shoulder excuse they both used. Breaking it down into small details like that is silly.

Comment

Originally posted by FredRekk View Post
          Do you hear yourself? How in the H3LL was pac man "way past his prime" as you call it, when in fact Floyd is 2 years OLDER than pacman,

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing101_ View Post
            Do you hear yourself? How in the H3LL was pac man "way past his prime" as you call it, when in fact Floyd is 2 years OLDER than pacman,
            Prime isn’t exactly dictated by age all the time.
            You DKSAB.

Comment

But still, a shoulder excuse they both used. Breaking it down into small details like that is silly.
              I agree on your first point. Floyd was washed from the Chino fights until his retirement. All he did was run, clinch, and his accuracy was shot. He couldnt land cleanly.

Pac is just a name on his resume that needed to be their.

Now when Floyd faced Canelo, he most definitely didnt fight the clock. He was 37yrs old, 150lbs, Canelo was 23yrs old, and 165lbs, and Floyd WALKED HIM DOWN without being touched.

Just those circumstantial disadvantages, and how well he overcame them. That was when Floyd's legacy was defined for me. Your right, after that fight, he did fight the clock allot.

Their was no "shoulder excuse" from Floyd. He was a better fighter than Jose, and was speaking with his corner in the SECOND round about his injury.

Thats not an "excuse". How Pac behaved after the Mayweather fight, was not cool. Floyd was probably secretly injured in that fight as well, but he dont trip. He just go out their and perform.

In fact, against Castillo, he held his own with a bum shoulder!

Comment

I agree on your first point. Floyd was washed from the Chino fights until his retirement. All he did was run, clinch, and his accuracy was shot. He couldnt land cleanly.

Pac is just a name on his resume that needed to be their.

Now when Floyd faced Canelo, he most definitely didnt fight the clock. He was 37yrs old, 150lbs, Canelo was 23yrs old, and 165lbs, and Floyd WALKED HIM DOWN without being touched.

Just those circumstantial disadvantages, and how well he overcame them. That was when Floyd's legacy was defined for me. Your right, after that fight, he did fight the clock allot.

Their was no "shoulder excuse" from Floyd. He was a better fighter than Jose, and was speaking with his corner in the SECOND round about his injury.

Thats not an "excuse". How Pac behaved after the Mayweather fight, was not cool. Floyd was probably secretly injured in that fight as well, but he dont trip. He just go out their and perform.

No, the shoulder excuses cancel each out. Manny has injured his rotator cuff during training for the fight, so he actually injured it before the “second round”.

Comment

No, the shoulder excuses cancel each out. Manny has injured his rotator cuff during training for the fight, so he actually injured it before the “second round”.
                  Nah homie, now you just being biased. We dont even know if Manny was lying or not. He simply made an excuse for how we performed. Thats a fact.

But lets say he was being honest, he never should've said anything. It was disrespectful to Floyd, and an attempt at robbing him of credit.

When Floyd was in the SECOND round against an opponent who we knew he was better than. the camera literally captured him and his team speaking on his injury. Its not the same.

For you to sit and say all this mess after I even agreed with some of your points, is absurd. I cant entertain silliness.

Comment

Nah homie, now you just being biased. We dont even know if Manny was lying or not. He simply made an excuse for how we performed. Thats a fact.

But lets say he was being honest, he never should've said anything. It was disrespectful to Floyd, and an attempt at robbing him of credit.

When Floyd was in the SECOND round against an opponent who we knew he was better than. the camera literally captured him and his team speaking on his injury. Its not the same.

For you to sit and say all this mess after I even agreed with some of your points, is absurd. I cant entertain silliness.

If that’s the case, they all can be lying.

Comment

How was his accuracy shot if he landed:
                      51% & 54% CONN PCT against Maidana
                      34% CONN PCT against Pacman
                      57% CONN PCT against Berto

Thats an average of nearly 50% CONN PCT for his last 4 boxing matches.

Agree

that's a fair statement.

Comment

Working...
                      X