No announcement yet.

People have the wrong impression about Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People have the wrong impression about Canelo

With all the latest gossip about Kovalev pulling his punches in favor of Canelo, and the negative publicity attached to his name, i feel the need to imput some perspective on this topic and reconsider Alvarez' place in boxing.

Mention the name Canelo Alvarez to any boxing fan, and chances are a slew of profanities will be thrown in your direction.

Alvarez seems to have a very shady reputation in the boxing community: his attempts at buying the judges in the Floyd fight, the new weight class created especially for himself, the way he dragged Amir Kahn up 2 divisions to body bag him, his steroid usage, his stalling vs Golovkin and subsequent shady scorings, up to this latest miracle KO against a much bigger foe than himself.

The controversy seems to never end with Canelo, and many insiders condemn him for the rampant corruption surrounding every of his action in the de-favor of his opponents.

This is where i would like to interject somehow.

While their might be elements pointing to shady practices, people have formed a totally misunderstood opinion of Canelo.

Canelo is good for boxing.

Canelo is probably the best thing to happen to boxers for the last 30 years.

Let me explain to you why.

Should you be a titlist or contender unable to secure lucrative fights, and in dire need of financial incentive, no relief is presently available to you.

You are probably staring retirement in the face, with probably the expectation of hard times coming up and no way to escape financial doom.

All seems most certainly lost.

But do not despair.

Here's the savior staring right back at you.

You'll be allowed to monetize all these dozens years of hard labor, suffering, sacrifices and privation in a single night.

And then you'll be set for life, you and your entire family, for this lifetime and then one after it.

You were on the brink of catastrophe just some time ago, and now you've been saved. The gates of paradise have opened, and now you've been accepted among the chosen ones, with a golden future assured.

And all this made possible because of a single man: Canelo Alvarez.

So, i believe people need to seriously reconsider their position on Canelo and reject the negative tilt projected by ******** and haters.

Canelo has been a benediction for the game.

Enjoy the few fights he has left, we might never witness his likes again.

Well, I respectfully think you’re overstating things a bit, but you make a good point.

I believe that Canelo is crooked, but he is doing a lot to raise boxing’s profile. He is a talented fighter as well.

Comment

Working...
    X