Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Loma, Crawford Not Daring To Be Great Like Canelo Is!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Calibaloc View Post
    Let me ask a question to the idiots. WHo has a better Resume than Kovalev at Light heavy weight?...
    Beterbiev.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
      Beterbiev.
      Are you serious? Explain...

Comment

Are you serious? Explain...
        His unifying KO win is better than any on Kovalev's career resume. Pascal lost to a 46 year old Hopkins. There is no excuse for that I don't give a **** what you say don't try to tell me Pascal was/is a good fighter. Who else you want to name on Kovalev's resume that he beat. Bernard Hopkins? See my first example.
        Last edited by Mister Wolf; 11-04-2019, 01:13 PM.

Comment

His unifying KO win is better than any on Kovalev's career resume. Pascal lost to a 46 year Hopkins. There is no excuse for that I don't give a **** what you say don't try to tell me Pascal was/is a good fighter. Who else you want to name on Kovalev's resume that he beat. Bernard Hopkins? See my first example.
          See this is a prime example of the raging stupidity that infests these boxing threads. First, Look up the definition of Resume. Unifying the belts in ONE FIGHT does not give you a better resume than a fighter who has continuously fought the absolute best of the best. How can you even ATTEMPT to say Betebeiv when Kovalev has so much more fights??? How many Hall of famers did Betebeiv fight? Kovalev fought Alvarez, Ward, Hopkins, Pascal,Yarde, Capillo,Boone, the list goes on and on. Its fans like you that make the sport look bad. Maybe sober up first then think about what you said
          Unbelievable smh

Comment

• Canelo is a very good fighter

Looking at the facts; Canelo lost to Mayweather when Mayweather was ......36. He waited to fight GGG until GGG was .....36. He just fought Kovalev who is .....yep, you guessed it, 36, and not exactly on a winning streak. Rocky Fielding was very obviously cherry-picked. One essential prerequisite for being considered great is pursuing other greats at the peak of their powers, not just lurking around waiting to jump on a big name after they show signs of slipping. You know, like Duran beat Leonard, knocked out an undefeated Davey Moore, and then almost beat a prime Hagler in '84. And he did this all after reaching 29, the same age Canelo is now. He was actually at his peak at 135 lbs. How many times will Canelo have been beaten when he reaches 36? Just sayin......very good doesn't equal great.

Comment

See this is a prime example of the raging stupidity that infests these boxing threads. First, Look up the definition of Resume. Unifying the belts in ONE FIGHT does not give you a better resume than a fighter who has continuously fought the absolute best of the best. How can you even ATTEMPT to say Betebeiv when Kovalev has so much more fights??? How many Hall of famers did Betebeiv fight? Kovalev fought Alvarez, Ward, Hopkins, Pascal,Yarde, Capillo,Boone, the list goes on and on. Its fans like you that make the sport look bad. Maybe sober up first then think about what you said
              Unbelievable smh
              I take quality over quantity. I only rate wins on resume. I factor in where the fighters were in there career when you fought them including age. You can name drop Hopkins it doesn't mean **** to me same for mentioning Ward in two fights he lost.

Comment

I take quality over quantity. I only rate wins on resume. I factor in where the fighters were in there career when you fought them including age. You can name drop Hopkins it doesn't mean **** to me same for mentioning Ward in two fights he lost.
                Then you dont know the definition of the word RESUME. Thats what I thought and thats pretty sad. I dont care if YOU feel the other fighters were not where YOU think they should have been when he fought them HE STILL FOUGHT THEM and Betebiev isnt even remotely close to Kovalevs Resume.Whether he won or lost THEY ARE STILL ON HIS RESUME. Maybe next time look up the definition of a word before you reply with nonsense. I knew someone dumb would have replied to my question with something idiotic thats why I said "I have a question for the idiots" before I asked the question. Thanks for proving me right
                Last edited by Calibaloc; 11-04-2019, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
                  Crawford and everyone at PBC are daring not to be great. They want to pad their records and wait on that big payday.

Crawford has not taken any challenges, any risks, any kind of competition.

32 years old and 35 fights. Who are his biggest wins? Which of those big wins are better than Kovalev?

Name me ONE person on his resume that is bigger than Kovalev and I'll concede that he's better than Canelo.
                  Don't get that twisted cuz PBC are making fights happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                    Saldio was not a club fighter. He was a champion with a nice win streak and made mikey quit
                    Salido the great

Comment

• Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
                      Got to agree with De La Hoya a little here.. You had Crawford fighting an old Khan while claiming to be a great fighter. Altho on the other side - Spence is running from him

I disagree about Loma. Loma knows he is above his weight class and is picking fights. That's just sensible. I expect Usyk to do the same

Canelo - while a great fighter - has run from the GGG fight and gave the reason that GGG said bad things about him. How does that make any sense? Also beating an old Kovalev and taking PEDs does't show a huge amount of greatness
                      l0m0 is all of the sudden out of his weight class when he can't look good against Tank former opponents

Nelo beat Pvssy-G twice so where did you get "run" from?

Comment

Working...
                      X