Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Who won more impressively, Ward or Canelo against Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    Ward for me. Even if we exclude Kovalev's age and history of KOs from the equation in the fights (which is a BIG if), Canelo was losing the fight on the cards, for me at least. He landed like 2-3 decent counters per round. Even on Vegas judges' cards, it was an even fight. He landed a great shot. Was it a lucky shot? I wont say it was lucky because he can land that, but it took him many rounds to land anything significant on Kovalev.

Ward in the 1st fight was outclassed. However in the 2nd fight, Ward completely outclassed Kovalev. He was in significantly better shape, he mostly negated Kovalev's jabs. Kovalev was exhausted by the 3rd or 4th while Ward was still fresh. There were low blows in that fight, but they were equally fault of Weeks, Ward and Kovalev. Weeks for letting them go, Kovalev for ducking down all the time, and Ward for being a smart/dirty fighter who knew "what's the worst that can happen?" In the 2nd fight, Kov was getting KTFO.
    I think Ward was much better from the start of fight 2...but I actually had it 5-2 for Kov, the same score I had after 7 rounds in fight 1, after 7 rounds in fight 2...Ward was much more into the fight the second time, but yeah I felt Kov was still winning the rounds based on activity and volume...definitely didn't see Ward outclassing him, regardless of my take on the final round or even the 'low blows' etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieKray View Post
      The only way Ward was able to win was punching in a clinch. He was also getting hit way more than Canelo.
      I did see that, Canelo was visually more pleasing of a boxer

Comment

Ward removed that cloak of invincibility. That was prime Kov as well.

Comment

Alvarez the only one that actually beat him.

Ward got a gift and a ref stoppage after a 5 punch combo to the balls. Ref should have docked him a point and gave Kov 5 minutes to recover, that is the rules for a ball punch.

Canelo did what he was supposed to but Kov was clearly pulling his punches, he was paid off by DAZN.

Comment

ward lost their first fight and should have been dq'd in the second fight for the ridiculously low blows at the end... so canelo

"he was still prime" etc doesn't matter when a guy is hunching over to show the ref you're punching his scrotum.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
              Ward easily, he needed low blows but at least he didnt drain Kovalev into a husk. He also fought Kovalev when Kovalev was still at the top of his game. Canelo fought Kovalev who had already lost 3 times and 2 were by KO
              #CaneloRuinsLives

Comment

Ward easily, he needed low blows but at least he didnt drain Kovalev into a husk. He also fought Kovalev when Kovalev was still at the top of his game. Canelo fought Kovalev who had already lost 3 times and 2 were by KO
                Here's a bottle you dumbass.

Explain to me how Kovalev requiring to weigh in at the 175 pound limit at the weigh in is "draining him into husk"?

Comment

Man these really aren't comparable at all.

I know on boxingscene everything comes down to "which side you're on" and for example on this topic, you're pitting the "ward/floyd army" against the "canelo army", and everyone just comes in, clicks for their team the poll looks competitive.

But the ward fights were a public embarrassment. They were not legitimate events.

There were blatant fixed judging on the undercards justifying legal investgation (perez vs hooker). If you don't think fixing exists go watch that. Later in the night they went against 80% of media scores for ward's first "win".

In the second fight he saw Kovalev wobbled, blatantly teed off to the bottom his athletic cup worse than Golota vs Bowe, then when Kov bent over at the waist the ref jumped on him and called it a KO.

Great roleplaying from the announcer team watching a slow motion uppercut to the balls knocking his cup around then saying "wow looks like a beautiful liver shot. Kovalev seems to have shat his liver into the bottom of his trunks. Great strategy by Ward.".

As far as I can tell Canalo punched a faded Kovalev in the face. People are wondering if it was a fix just because it looked weird and boxing is dirty.

OK. fine.

But it wasn't a narrated documentary on how the boxing underworld functions like the ward-kovalev events were.
                  Last edited by ////; 11-04-2019, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Canelo KO'd him.

Ward lost the first one and needed 10 hits to the balls to "win" the second one.

Comment

Kovalev have been drinking before going to gym during the camp for Ward 2 hehe

Comment

Working...
                      X