Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Brutally Knocks Out Kovalev in Eleventh For WBO Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kovalev reminded me of how Sugar Ray Leonard punched and moved against Hector Camacho. His foot work was like Hopkins when he fought the great Joe Smith, tip toe little steps to not lose balance

Comment

• Wanted to hold back until I saw the actual fight, as I didn't see it live.

Round 1 & 2, Kovalev looks more lively and doesn't look to load up with his right cross or hooks. I can't see him being cautious or concerned with anything Canelo is doing or Canelo's power.

If anything, Kovalev looks faster and his timing & rythm is much better than Canelo's.

Kovalev lands jab at will, and Canelo overreaches and misses with his punches. Kavalev easily sees those punches.

Kovalev looks like there are NO problems and he can stay behind his jab the entire fight and win it too.

Kovalev is with HANDS DOWN inside middle distance that should favour shorter arms Canelo (counter punching, etc.).

You can see Kovalev's lighter punches jarring Canelo's head while Canelo's power punches don't seem to faze Koavalev.

Throughout Rounds 1- 4 Kovalev is boxing beautifully while Canelo never really gets going. I don't even know what his & his team plan is...

When Kovalev doesn't straighten his lead jabbing arms, Canelo still can't close the distance. That's a dead give away...

Will watch the rest of the fight...

Comment

• You can see Kovalev is boxing with a little guy who he doesn't want to hurt.
        Canelo's bes punch was his jab and his wild left hooks were missing by half meter.
        The ones that landed Kovalev hardly blinks.

Comment

• From round 6 onwards Kovalev stops jabbing (frequently/effectively) and allows Canelo to finally get his attack going.
          Canelo's best punch (left hook) is still useless.
          But Kovalev also stops moving to help Canelo look better on the attacks.

Round 8 is interesting and Kovalev comes out and boxes well. When he nails Canelo with a very RARE straight right, he doesn't jump on top of him when Canelo's is clearly shook!

Guys, maybe I'm wrong. I'm just not seeing any dominance from Canelo, any concern from Kovalev.
          Kovalev looks to be toying with Canelo and sometimes letting him have his way with him.
          Additionally, Canelo does NOT seem to be too concerned. There's no urgency from either fighter.

Round 8 Kovalev DOES NOT LOOK GASSED!!

Russian commentators are very revealing, Kovalev NOT bothered by Canelo's biggest punches. TRUE.

Round 9, nobody is gassed. If anybody is gassed, it's Canelo...

Round 10, Kovalev still looks like he's sparring with his 12 year old son...

Round 11, Kovalev knows he needs to go down...he goes down.
          HIS ACTING not convincing : ))

FIXED FIGHT I think.

Comment

• How can anybody be interested in watching canelo's "fights?"

Sorry I made a typo on the title, it is Canelo with capital C not canelo. But the website won't allow me to edit the title, just the text.

I thought Mayweather Jr. was the worst thing that ever happened in boxing --sold-out referees, sold-out judges, SUPER-BORING STAGED "FIGHTS" always acting like a coward always cheating with his elbows, hugging non-stop etc...

THEN IT COMES THE RED HEAD. The only reason he has been put there where he is: 1) HE IS WHITE, HE IS REDHEAD. 2) VERY UNUSUAL FOR A WHITE PERSON, he has boxing abilities. Well, he is Mexican after all, but he is not that good, never was and now his boss has to be PAYING OFF HIS OPPONENTS UNDER THE TABLE, such as Jacobs and Kovalev, TO SPAR HIM, NOT HURT HIM, and make whole farce and a super-boring "fight" only rivaling those of Mayweather Jr. in boredom.

It was so hard to WATCH A DISPLAY OF A MUCH BIGGER, WAY MORE POWERFUL GUY, making a huge effort to not hurt Canelo, AGAIN, but this time even way more obvious than Jacobs.

NOTE: I am a white Caucasian person myself, a female who likes boxing, so don't dismiss me please, thinking I am angry at a "whitie being successful in boxing" which is not the case at all. IMHO, he is not that talented and he is where he is due to the help of too many super-controversial decisions, and apparently now, due to the help of his manager paying off opponents not to hurt him.

KOVALEV IS NOT A GOOD ACTOR AT ALL. It was obvious he was toying with the pathetic smaller guy, who honestly looked like his very stocky kid there, and, being that, the dad trying not to hurt the kid sooo badly, MAKING A TOTAL SNOOZE FEST OF THE WHOLE SO CALLED "FIGHT."

Then OUT OF NOWHERE, Kovalev"gets badly hurt" and pretends to be unable to continue???

GIVE ME A GODDAMN BREAK.

I do believe that Canelo DID DESTROY Chavez Jr. for real, and I do believe the GGG fights were real, but AFTER THAT it is incredibly obvious that the other fights with bigger guys were totally fake, with an arrangement with the bigger guy never ever to hurt the precious cash cow Canelo.

SAD TIMES FOR BOXING.

The likes of Manny and JMM WERE LEGIT, they were truly risking their lives on the ring, nobody was ever protecting them, and they were SKILLED AND SPECTACULAR FIGHTERS FOR REAL, most specially Manny.

If stupid people want to keep paying to see snooze-fests of a so called boxer whose boss is paying his opponent never to hurt him, not even try and even worse, TO PRETEND BEING HURT AND KO'D OUT OF NOWHERE, well that is so sad for boxing.

I've never ever paid to watch a Mayweather Jr. or a Canelo fight, and I am very proud of it. OTOH, watching a Manny Pacquiao REAL FIGHT --years ago, not now-- --except the Maywether snooze-fest of course--, didn't pay for that either, I KNEW BEFOREHAND that the cowardly much bigger "fighter" was gonna hug Manny repeatedly, non-stop in the 1st rounds and his sold-out friend, the "casually African American" referee would never ever even give him a measly warning, WHEN THE CHEATER DESERVED TO BE DISCOUNTED POINTS FOR EXCESSIVE CLINCHING
            ...was always worth the money, HE ALWAYS FOUGHT FOR REAL, and in every single round of a Manny fight, there was non-stop action, suspense, lots of punching. THAT WAS REAL BOXING. Another legit example of real boxing that comes to mind, was Mike Tyson.

Gone are the days of the Manny's and the Mike's of the world. WELCOME TO THE NEW ERA, THE ERA OF FIXED SUPER-BORING, DON'T-HURT-MY-KID briberies!!!
            Last edited by sterilizer; 11-04-2019, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sterilizer View Post
              Sorry I made a typo on the title, it is Canelo with capital C not canelo. But the website won't allow me to edit the title, just the text.

I thought Mayweather Jr. was the worst thing that ever happened in boxing --sold-out referees, sold-out judges, SUPER-BORING STAGED "FIGHTS" always acting like a coward always cheating with his elbows, hugging non-stop etc...

THEN IT COMES THE RED HEAD. The only reason he has been put there where he is: 1) HE IS WHITE, HE IS REDHEAD. 2) VERY UNUSUAL FOR A WHITE PERSON, he has boxing abilities. Well, he is Mexican after all, but he is not that good, never was and now his boss has to be PAYING OFF HIS OPPONENTS UNDER THE TABLE, such as Jacobs and Kovalev, TO SPAR HIM, NOT HURT HIM, and make whole farce and a super-boring "fight" only rivaling those of Mayweather Jr. in boredom.

It was so hard to WATCH A DISPLAY OF A MUCH BIGGER, WAY MORE POWERFUL GUY, making a huge effort to not hurt Canelo, AGAIN, but this time even way more obvious than Jacobs.

NOTE: I am a white Caucasian person myself, a female who likes boxing, so don't dismiss me please, thinking I am angry at a "whitie being successful in boxing" which is not the case at all. IMHO, he is not that talented and he is where he is due to the help of too many super-controversial decisions, and apparently now, due to the help of his manager paying off opponents not to hurt him.

KOVALEV IS NOT A GOOD ACTOR AT ALL. It was obvious he was toying with the pathetic smaller guy, who honestly looked like his very stocky kid there, and, being that, the dad trying not to hurt the kid sooo badly, MAKING A TOTAL SNOOZE FEST OF THE WHOLE SO CALLED "FIGHT."

Then OUT OF NOWHERE, Kovalev"gets badly hurt" and pretends to be unable to continue???

GIVE ME A GODDAMN BREAK.

I do believe that Canelo DID DESTROY Chavez Jr. for real, and I do believe the GGG fights were real, but AFTER THAT it is incredibly obvious that the other fights with bigger guys were totally fake, with an arrangement with the bigger guy never ever to hurt the precious cash cow Canelo.

SAD TIMES FOR BOXING.

The likes of Manny and JMM WERE LEGIT, they were truly risking their lives on the ring, nobody was ever protecting them, and they were SKILLED AND SPECTACULAR FIGHTERS FOR REAL, most specially Manny.

If stupid people want to keep paying to see snooze-fests of a so called boxer whose boss is paying his opponent never to hurt him, not even try and even worse, TO PRETEND BEING HURT AND KO'D OUT OF NOWHERE, well that is so sad for boxing.

I've never ever paid to watch a Mayweather Jr. or a Canelo fight, and I am very proud of it. OTOH, watching a Manny Pacquiao REAL FIGHT --years ago, not now-- --except the Maywether snooze-fest of course--, didn't pay for that either, I KNEW BEFOREHAND that the cowardly much bigger "fighter" was gonna hug Manny repeatedly, non-stop in the 1st rounds and his sold-out friend, the "casually African American" referee would never ever even give him a measly warning, WHEN THE CHEATER DESERVED TO BE DISCOUNTED POINTS FOR EXCESSIVE CLINCHING
              ...was always worth the money, HE ALWAYS FOUGHT FOR REAL, and in every single round of a Manny fight, there was non-stop action, suspense, lots of punching. THAT WAS REAL BOXING. Another legit example of real boxing that comes to mind, was Mike Tyson.

Gone are the days of the Manny's and the Mike's of the world. WELCOME TO THE NEW ERA, THE ERA OF FIXED SUPER-BORING, DON'T-HURT-MY-KID briberies!!!

stop being ridiculous... that is absurd

FACT: the exact same thing happened to Canelo last 4 opponents

correct, that is no coincidence... but that is due to Canelo's style

FACT: he is VERY sharp, and VERY punishing

I can tell what is wrong by your post... imagine how sharp you think Canelo is... now imagine how punishing you think Canelo is... now increase both of those margins significantly

Golovkin did the exact same thing.... no trademark bodywork... hesitant... non-committal... struggled to get his game going... so are you saying that he also agreed not to hurt Canelo???

the EXACT SAME THING happened to Chavez... he kept them hands at home... and Roy Jones said why immediately after the fight... Canelo was way too sharp for Chavez

what you saw, will happen to EVERY future Canelo opponent... unless he stretches himself too far... THAT is what Canelo does, he removes your options

I am not a nut-hugger, and no Canelo is not my favorite fighter.... but he is obviously MUCH better then you realize

Comment

• Originally posted by indelible View Post
                Then why didn't he fight Bivol or Beterbiev as if neither fighter was available before this fight was announced? Canelo knew Kovalev was worn out which is why he picked him to easily pave his way to a 4th division win. Had Yarde beat Kovalev what would Canelo's next choice of an opponent be? Another Fielding? If Canelo stays at this weight and fights Beterviev or Bivol next then he gets respect but given the unspectacular performance he had last night is highly doubtful he'll ever fight a prime LHW
                I've a feeling that, oh I dunno, maybe a similar reason as to why the very recent undisputed cruiserweight king just fought Chaz Witherspoon in his first go round at heavyweight.

Comment

Working...
                X