Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Sparring Partner: I Couldn't Lift My Arms After 3 Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would they pick a southpaw and have him convert to orthodox for training? Why not get actual orthodox fighters? denis is def no where near canelos caliber. its not like he even switches up. so his orthodox is going to be much flawed than his natural stance. I remember once i was asked to switch and stay at a stance. it wasnt a problem because i could fight ether.

Comment

IMO fans are writing off Kovalev. His outstanding jab alone makes him more than competitive in this one. Canelo is very talented, yes, but so is Sergey. We saw GGG jolt Canelo a few times in their 2 fights... so he can be hit solidly. I just don't see Canelo having much success getting on the inside to do damage. I think unless the 'fix' is in on the cards... Kovalev wins this by UD. Canelo has bitten off more than he can chew before vs Floydie... and I think that's what we'll see here. And no, I'm not saying Kovalev is Floydie, so don't start.

Just my 37 cents worth here, that's all.

Comment

I'm glad to see this.

Canelo may really be in trouble tomorrow night.

If Kovalev keeps to a steady pace of beating the arms and working when Canelo doesn't, I think he can box his way to a decision win which may be what they are going for. If Canelo's arms get heavy, he'll just be less active and that will give Kovalev the edge over the course of the fight. This is very winnable for Kov and I'd like to see him do it. After all, Mikey and Kell and Rigo all moved up against big men and lost. Kind of crazy that Canelo is the favorite.

Comment

Arm punches

Rocky Marciano used that strategy against Roland Lestarza, back in the day. Punched his arms so much, the blood vessels popped and he couldn't hold his arms up. Interesting tactic.

Last edited by runtdawg; 11-01-2019, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
            IMO fans are writing off Kovalev. His outstanding jab alone makes him more than competitive in this one. Canelo is very talented, yes, but so is Sergey. We saw GGG jolt Canelo a few times in their 2 fights... so he can be hit solidly. I just don't see Canelo having much success getting on the inside to do damage. I think unless the 'fix' is in on the cards... Kovalev wins this by UD. Canelo has bitten off more than he can chew before vs Floydie... and I think that's what we'll see here. And no, I'm not saying Kovalev is Floydie, so don't start.

Just my 37 cents worth here, that's all.
            Who's Floydie?

Comment

Originally posted by Drewp4p View Post
              Who's Floydie?
              Who's the most famous Floyd in boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
                The winner between David Benavidez and Caleb Plant (Great fighters Still in their prime) would beat Canelo. There's a strategic reason why they avoided fighting Andrade a slick bigger version of Mayweather
                Easy UD for Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Monzon99 View Post
                  Fake news propaganda to sell a fixed fight and make suckers believe the diver has a chance to win.
                  This is that bad tho.

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post
                    Easy UD for Canelo.
                    Not as easy as the old cherry-picked kovalev

Comment

Working...
                    X