Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does skull size matter in a fight?! how important is head size?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
    Can't stop laughing lol
    further to that, a friend of mine once shot "big head little guy" with a paint ball gun from my car as we drove past him. I remember clearly seeing his face as it unfolded...he was terrified, and for a second acted as though he'd actually been shot, collapsing to the ground and everything. as we drove away I could see in the rear view that he had pulled it together and was up dusting himself off.

Comment

Is it microcephaly small? Or just a head that looks smaller than "normal"?

A smaller head COULD indicate less intracranial space which would mean your head/brain wouldn't handle punches well bc less space for swelling.

In either case please remember - Boxing is for F U N. It is sport and sport is ENTERTAINMENT and COMPETITION. Dont di anything that jeopardizes your health brother.

If any man or woman makes fun of your head laugh it off and say "yeah it's even weirder because my dick is so big". XD XD XD

Comment

Originally posted by insecure View Post
        this is my 1st account on this forum

I made my acc an hour ago to make this thread because this **** lives inside my head
        thank you for the explanation of this being your 1st account, and why you opened it. sold. great job.

Comment

What's the difference between skull size and head size? A fat head?

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
            further to that, a friend of mine once shot "big head little guy" with a paint ball gun from my car as we drove past him. I remember clearly seeing his face as it unfolded...he was terrified, and for a second acted as though he'd actually been shot, collapsing to the ground and everything. as we drove away I could see in the rear view that he had pulled it together and was up dusting himself off.
            lol man that is hilarious...I mean I can see why he maybe reacted that way...but yeah hilarious

Comment

Of course it matters. Look at Tim Bradley. Shawn Porter. Thick skull MFers.

Comment

Dillian Whyte got a small head and he's done pretty well in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
                  Dillian Whyte got a small head and he's done pretty well in boxing.

how is his head "small"?!

he has a big head

it is at least 3x my size

Comment

Well I think you're putting far too much thought into "what if's". How tall are you? What weight class will you fight in? I'd say stop thinking so much, it's your mind that's tormenting you as it is, not your body. Pop along to a gym and just try hitting some bags or something? Maybe the physical workout will do you good and if the opportunity comes along to practice some footwork / doing some padwork, go for it! What do you actually have to lose? You're feeling miserable and defeated as it is, get out and try to change it - who knows, you might change your life in the positive way forever.

As a side note, I can't see any correlation between headsize and punch resistance, I also don't believe the falacy over having a thick neck. I think it's probably more to do with the brain's seating and the thickness of the skull.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                      well, what can you do? growing up there was a guy who lived in my town that used to walk the streets all the time...he had a tiny head and a regular sized body. everyone called him "little head big guy". believe it or not, he used to hang around another guy sometimes who had a huge head and a slight frame...everyone called him "big head little guy". there's no point to this, but it's a story anyway.
                      Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                      Can't stop laughing lol
                      Holy Chit !

Real King Kong's story got me laughing so hard I nearly crapped my fooking pants!

Comment

Working...
                      X