Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Andrade getting froze out of all the big fights on DAZN?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
    You understand that boxing purses have changed dramatically in that time, right?

For example, you brought up that the fight had a total purse of $2 million dollars and it involved GGG.

GGG just made $16 million to fight SD.

So is it fair to say that Jaime Munguia would make more money for fighting anyone else than he would have made for fighting GGG in 2018?

Yup.
    The $2 mil was the rights fee HBO paid K2 promotions. That's why GGG said that wasn't enough money to take the Dervychenko fight.

Stop making excuses for the DAZN Duckers. Dude is getting $15 mil a fight and that's still not enough for him to fight Andrade. DAZN Duckers biggest waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
      To be fair Dervenchenko was iced out also until Danny fought him because of mandatory status.

Tell Andrade to become a mandatory...doors will open. Period
      He's a fellow champ. Why does he have to become mandatory? Stop making excuses for the DAZN Duckers

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Because nobody will fight him. You see the cycle?
        Nah, he's been a pro since '08.

Comment

GGG has had two fights on DAZN, one of them was for the IBF title.

The idea that he's ducking Andrade or freezing him out is way too premature.

The $2 mil was the rights fee HBO paid K2 promotions. That's why GGG said that wasn't enough money to take the Dervychenko fight.

Stop making excuses for the DAZN Duckers. Dude is getting $15 mil a fight and that's still not enough for him to fight Andrade. DAZN Duckers biggest waste of money.

Comment

Andrade is boxing technician like Tyson Fury, Lomachenko and other skilled fighters. That makes him being hated.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Oxilofrine is not illegal if it's used outside competition, For combat athletes, that means it's only illegal if it's used on the day of the fight. That's why BJS was never charged with a PED offense, because he didn't break any WADA rules.

The idea that a nasal decongestant spray turned BJS into a world class fighter is ridiculous.
              Well I absolutely agree! However when they signed for the fight, they're signing to fight under VADAs list of banned substances. It's listed and it's their own fault for ingesting it unfortunately.

Also just to be clear, this is not over the counter in the UK, a Dr would have to prescribe it and it's a pretty freaking weird thing to prescribe in the first place - it's actually quite rare.

Edit*

On topic! I think it's a case of him being difficult to beat, he doesn't really entertain and he isn't very popular. There is no reason to fight him to be honest

Comment

He's a fellow champ. Why does he have to become mandatory? Stop making excuses for the DAZN Duckers
                I agree I want Canelo GGG and Danny and Derv to fight Andrade.

I'm just pointing out that Dervenchenko made it happen himself by being active

Comment

Originally posted by Articulateboxin View Post
                  Well I absolutely agree! However when they signed for the fight, they're signing to fight under VADAs list of banned substances. It's listed and it's their own fault for ingesting it unfortunately.

Also just to be clear, this is not over the counter in the UK, a Dr would have to prescribe it and it's a pretty freaking weird thing to prescribe in the first place - it's actually quite rare.

Edit*

On topic! I think it's a case of him being difficult to beat, he doesn't really entertain and he isn't very popular. There is no reason to fight him to be honest
                  The VADA doctor who wrote BJS's report added a note saying that the oxilofrine detected could have been produced by a legal dose of ephedrine, which is an ingredient of some over the counter nasal decongestants.

I don't know how ephedrine can metabolise into oxilofrine, but obviously it can, or the doctor wouldn't have added that note.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                    Andrade is boxing technician like Tyson Fury, Lomachenko and other skilled fighters. That makes him being hated.
                    Not that it matters really, but I don't think it's fair to put Loma's style into the same category as Andrade and Fury. He is a lot more entertaining to the average boxing fan and throws in volume, even for his weight class. If Andrade threw an equivalent volume (or at least gave the appearance of), while still operating as a technician, I feel like he wouldn't be struggling to get the fights in the same way he is now.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      The VADA doctor who wrote BJS's report added a note saying that the oxilofrine detected could have been produced by a legal dose of ephedrine, which is an ingredient of some over the counter nasal decongestants.

I don't know how ephedrine can metabolise into oxilofrine, but obviously it can, or the doctor wouldn't have added that note.
                      Oh really? I didn't know that! Do you remember where you found/heard about the Dr's note? I guess that would explain why he was never suspended in any way. I mean that's just bad luck if that really is the case

Comment

Working...
                      X