No announcement yet.

Then writing is on the wall for DAZN.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then writing is on the wall for DAZN.

The interviews I've read lately are not encouraging. They've stopped giving away big purses. Which is the main reason fighters came over there to fight. They're in a holding pattern. Not signing anymore fighters. They aren't spending money until the rights for the other 4 sports are up for bids in America. They have a great fall schedule but so far nobody is watching. GGG & Usyk numbers were embarrassingly low that's why they won't release the figures. They're mad the Joshua vs. Ruiz fight isn't in America and they don't expect those numbers to match the numbers of the first fight. The GGG vs. Canelo is past it's expiration date. A third fight would do well for DAZN but nowhere near what it would've done this past September. People who thought Canelo beat him the second time now think it won't be competitive after GGG's showing against Dervychenko. There is also a good possibility Canelo loses in two weeks and Sergey goes back to ESPN leaving DAZN with their #1 fighter beaten.

This is looking like HBO 2.0 to me.

Gervonta Davis a superstar doe!

Comment

Remember when tickets to Mayweather/McGregor were sold in Costco, and everyone was up in arms?

Yeah, this.

Comment

What's concerning is it appears they have stopped their 40 days fight preview show. I haven't seen any promotion from their side for the Canelo Vs Kovalev fight other than a few tweets and YouTube videos of past Canelo fights.

Can fighters like Ryan Garcia and Devin Haney become the future stars of the sport while on a limited platform like DAZN? Can they build a star? HBO was so good at this because they had huge mainstream shows like GOT that they could use to advertise their fights. DAZN only has a YouTube channel with under 500k subscribers.

Comment

Chicken enchilada pizza sounds good af

Comment

Originally posted by lieutenant View Post
            HBO was so good at this because they had huge mainstream shows like GOT that they could use to advertise their fights. DAZN only has a YouTube channel with under 500k subscribers.
            And the whole internet, social media...

Comment

Originally posted by lieutenant View Post
              What's concerning is it appears they have stopped their 40 days fight preview show. I haven't seen any promotion from their side for the Canelo Vs Kovalev fight other than a few tweets and YouTube videos of past Canelo fights.

Can fighters like Ryan Garcia and Devin Haney become the future stars of the sport while on a limited platform like DAZN? Can they build a star? HBO was so good at this because they had huge mainstream shows like GOT that they could use to advertise their fights. DAZN only has a YouTube channel with under 500k subscribers.
              GBP and DAZN USA hit huge numbers on social media. They upload content daily, and that’s just them. Then you’ve got all other promoters and content on DAZN and MMA social media hits. Canelo vs Jacobs highlights hit like 1.7 million views in 3 days.

The Kovalev publicity is a complicated matter. He’s pending a lawsuit of up to $8mil. Not sure the Producers want to make a Kova segment as of late.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                Chicken enchilada pizza sounds good af
                Yeah man that's the only writing I was paying attention to. LUNCHTIME!

Comment

Originally posted by dot.c.eh View Post
                  Yeah man that's the only writing I was paying attention to. LUNCHTIME!

Comment

I once went to see Deontay Wilder fight and all I had to do was bring canned goods and/or unwrapped toy in exchange and got 2 tickets. There was writing on the wall at the venue, but nothing about Enchilada pizza

http://www.***************.com/golde...-holiday-gift/

Comment

Working...
                    X