This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShawnTaylor View Post
    Lying? I have never claimed otherwise. I always thought Mayweather would dominate 160 lb if he moved up there. Golovkin is a primitive slugger, he wouldn't be able to handle Mayweather's defense.
    Your joking right? GGG would of cut off the ring and brutalized him, Image Maidana but hits much much harder.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
      He won’t even fight a fossil version of pac at 140 — a weight pac hasn’t made since 2010.

That could be his version of pac-delahoya if he dominates the old dude but he don’t want it
      Pac WALKS AROUND at 146, If you don't think he can't make 140 and bring that power than your a fool. All pac would have to do is cut back on the rice LOL. Loma will never fight Pac because of one reason. Pac will not respect his power and walk him down.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        ward approached golovkin about 168 in 2015...he said "lets both take a tuneup" and fight in 2016 after golovkin fought Lemieux(he offered when lemiuex was signed but had no problem with that fight going off...he was talking about after)

ward said 168....when ward fought paul smith ward allowed smith to go over 175...actually 176 I believe...ward himself weighed 171....ward kept himself halfway between 168-175 in the event that he had to go back down because he knew he was going to contact golovkins team

if ward said he could make 168 hes given us no reason to not believe him...the whole "I don't think ward could have made 168 anymore" is delusion, defensive, fantasy for excusing golovkin....ward aint given us a reason to not believe he could make it...he proved it weighing 171 for smith...if golovkin had agreed ward would have been 168 for his next fight and then golovkin as he was allotting golovking a tuneup at 168

golovkin defenders have so many lame excuses its not even funny.....golovkin chose to fight dom wade and kell brook that year...brook being a WW after he made fun of canelo for fighting khan
        Bro...I mean after Lemieux, GGG was due the winner of Cotto-Canelo lol...Ward 'offering' GGG a fight at that time was pretty clearly in my view just a way to get some buzz and make it seem like he was wanting the fight, when in reality he knew it wasn't really a possibility.

Also I think when the Smith fight was signed Ward was wanting to face Kov and wanted 3 tune ups...and Smith was the first one...so he was already moving up to 175 I think and I think the Kov fight was already signed...probably slowly acclimating himself to the weight by only weighing 171-2 or whatever.

And lol dude... Smith was fined for coming in overweight bro...the fight was a 172 catchweight and Smith came in well over and got fined lol...Ward didn't allow anything there.

Honestly it is posts like this one that make me take a lot of the criticisms/criticizers of GGG on here with a grain of salt...there is valid stuff to get on GGG for, just like any other boxer...but saying that Ward offer was legit when he was pretty clearly moving up to fight Kov, and when he offered it 5 minutes after the Lemieux fight was signed...and when GGG was finally due his legacy/money fight after Lemieux with Cotto/Canelo...I mean it is all just pretty clearly a reach lol.

Not to mention how you spun (unnecessarily really?) the stuff about Ward and Smith lol...idk man just strange...even though we disagree I think you're a good guy though, but yeah I think you are a bit jaded when it comes to GGG...it makes a lot of valid criticism of GGG fall flat imo when so many of his critics take it way overboard on him often.

It's like the boy who cried wolf...not to get political but it's like with Trump too...CNN etc go so overboard with their accusations against him that they have lost all credibility when he potentially does something wrong/newsworthy...no one takes them seriously as a real source of information there because truthfully they have already revealed their bias, and do it almost every time they talk about him.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
          Your joking right? GGG would of cut off the ring and brutalized him, Image Maidana but hits much much harder.
          Yeah I'm not sure how people could have watched Floyd's fights with Maidana, and even Lara's with Angulo (and Lara is probably my 2nd favorite fighter of this generation btw - behind GGG admittedly)...and think that Floyd or Lara would make easy work of GGG...again an example of people going overboard on GGG imo...at those times I think you would have to favor GGG in those fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
            Bro...I mean after Lemieux, GGG was due the winner of Cotto-Canelo lol...Ward 'offering' GGG a fight at that time was pretty clearly in my view just a way to get some buzz and make it seem like he was wanting the fight, when in reality he knew it wasn't really a possibility.

Also I think when the Smith fight was signed Ward was wanting to face Kov and wanted 3 tune ups...and Smith was the first one...so he was already moving up to 175 I think and I think the Kov fight was already signed...probably slowly acclimating himself to the weight by only weighing 171-2 or whatever.

And lol dude... Smith was fined for coming in overweight bro...the fight was a 172 catchweight and Smith came in well over and got fined lol...Ward didn't allow anything there.

Honestly it is posts like this one that make me take a lot of the criticisms/criticizers of GGG on here with a grain of salt...there is valid stuff to get on GGG for, just like any other boxer...but saying that Ward offer was legit when he was pretty clearly moving up to fight Kov, and when he offered it 5 minutes after the Lemieux fight was signed...and when GGG was finally due his legacy/money fight after Lemieux with Cotto/Canelo...I mean it is all just pretty clearly a reach lol.

Not to mention how you spun (unnecessarily really?) the stuff about Ward and Smith lol...idk man just strange...even though we disagree I think you're a good guy though, but yeah I think you are a bit jaded when it comes to GGG...it makes a lot of valid criticism of GGG fall flat imo when so many of his critics take it way overboard on him often.

It's like the boy who cried wolf...not to get political but it's like with Trump too...CNN etc go so overboard with their accusations against him that they have lost all credibility when he potentially does something wrong/newsworthy...no one takes them seriously as a real source of information there because truthfully they have already revealed their bias, and do it almost every time they talk about him.
            ward had no idea the Lemieux fight was signed...no way of knowing....and even then he still said "go take the fight" and well talk after...but team golovkin flat out refused and said No thanks within minutes

he told golovkin they could each take a tuneup in early 2016 and then fight...

it was only after being completely rebuffed by team golovkin that he decided he was going to focus on kovalev and move fully to 175...hence the weight for paul smith keeping between classes in case golovkin grew a pair

and you think he was trying to get pub off golovkins name with no intention to fight when kovalev was very arguably the tougher test at the time? lol

that was late 2015 when ward approached about a fight in 2016....he didn't get canelo till like September 2017

you keep saying you "think"...but its really what you want to hope it was...deep down you know facts and logic don't support what you "think".....

171 for smith says he was keeping his body between classes to approach golovkin about a 168 fight...if golovkin rebuffed, which he did, then it was full on time to move

ward didn't need 3 tuneups for kovalev....smith was a comeback, get feet wet again, public sparring session....there was no kov deal yet and it was only rumored that's what hed do if golovkin didn't want to fight

barrera was the only real tuneup for kovalev

the brand fight was a joke...ward had been out of action and missing paydays...so he basically forced HBO to hand him another 2 mil for a glorified sparring sesh because he knew they were desperate to get a ward/kov fight so he basically held them hostage(well not really since they basically handed it right over)

I didn't spin anything about ward/smith...you are just delusional and a pro golovkin guy through and through...and like 98 percent of you yall just make excuses...I didn't have to spin anything....

golovkin was "due his legacy fight" and didn't get it till almost two years after ward approached him lol...that's called wasting time...don't act like team golovkin had no idea people were going to put off his "legacy fight" either....acting like they were just clueless! lol....just more excuse making

Comment

Pac WALKS AROUND at 146, If you don't think he can't make 140 and bring that power than your a fool. All pac would have to do is cut back on the rice LOL. Loma will never fight Pac because of one reason. Pac will not respect his power and walk him down.
              LOOOOL same thing they said that floyd can still make 140 coz he a small welter.
              And then he couldn’t even make 144 for the marquez fight..

Pac has been fighting at welterweight for like 9 years. Yes he is relatively a small welter.. but has acclimated to the weight class a long time now.. at 40, dropping at a weight you haven’t gone to for 9 years would still take some toll to your body..

That’s why it’s a challenge for Loma in the first place to go there and beat an old fossil but still good pac.
              If it’s easy then no one’s gonna reward you greatness for doing it dummy

Hell even pac was given credit for beating oscar who was a fossil of himself and hasn’t gone to welterweight for just 6 years..
              Simply because he took a challenge to rise two weight classes..

I think same credit or greater will be given to LOMA.. only if he has the balls to take it and he’s confident of winning..
              But from the looks of it, he’s just simply not..

Reverse the situation and prime pac will climb straight to 147 to fight a 40 year old loma lol

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                I have no problems with the guys hes fought so far....I really don't...and loma is good

but he wont take a big risk or a big challenge going up in weight against someone very good or dangerous...and the fans will make excuses for it ....and if it were someone else theyd dog the ever loving **** out of that guy and tell him to dare to do something special
                Manny went up several weight classes and DOMINATED HIS OPPONENTS.

If Lomachenko can’t do the same, then he’s not even close to Manny’s level, shoot not even Canelo’s level...

Comment

Nothing but truth.

PAC would literally walk thru his punches and give him the biggest straight left of leather he’s ever tasted, and Loma would HIT THE F’N CANVAS.

PAC would KO Loma.

Now I wanna see that fight!

But Bob wouldn’t allow that.
                  It would derail his hype train.
                  Although Loma is very very good.

Comment

I think Lomachenko himself said fighting Crawford would be suicide. You gotta admire that honesty. Lomachenko's WAY out of his element at 147. Is Marvin Hagler not considered great for not going up to Light Heavyweight to fight Spinks in '82-83 when Spinks called him out? Loma's "Greatness" like all current fighters will be told once they hang up the gloves and you can look at their resume in a whole. Loma has no business at 147.
                    Last edited by RL_GMA; 10-18-2019, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FredRekk View Post
                      Manny went up several weight classes and DOMINATED HIS OPPONENTS.

If Lomachenko can’t do the same, then he’s not even close to Manny’s level, shoot not even Canelo’s level...
                      oh I agree....but his diehard loyalists will say he doesn't need to and shouldn't be expected to....yet they will demand guys they don't like do something special.....that's always the way it is for the golovkins and lomas....but the floyds and wards and tanks need to do something great to be considered something and even then they'll tear it down someway and somehow

Comment

Working...
                      X