Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charles Conwell Issues Heartfelt Letter To Patrick Day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patrick’s trainer and mentor Joseph Higgins response was equally heart wrenching: "I just wanted you to know that we do understand what you must be going thru as well. As devastated as we are, we realize you are equally devastated. We know if it was the other way around, we would be just as distraught. Thank you for your kind words. Patrick was born across the street from me, so our relationship is special. He would have wanted you to continue.
    "I'm rooting for you to reach your dream, the same one he had. God Bless your Team and we will keep you in our prayers as well. I too am distraught because I feel responsible but do realize there is no fault. Stay strong and please don't think we blame you."

I know Patrick personally as he is my wife’s first cousin and everything being said about him is spot on. Such a nice good kid. Heart breaking stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
      You could tell by Charles' attitude and seriously worried look, right after things turned for the worse, that he is a sensitive young kid.

Still hoping in a miracle for Patrick.
      Yeah, Conwell immediately stopped celebrating when he saw the severity of the situation. He looked gutted and distraught. I feel for him and hope this doesn't negatively impact him and his psyche.

I pray for both Charles and Patrick, both seemed like good guys.

Comment

If this poor kid passes away, that would be the 3rd one in just a few months time. How long until someone steps in and forms some sort of universal commission to at least try to make fights safer. Maybe same day weigh-ins to curb the dehydration issues fighters seem to be having, if something can be done to gloves to somehow make the blows less concussive IDK... just seems like boxing in general needs an overhaul from top to bottom.

I know these terrible events can just happen without rhyme or reason but it's just a terrible look for the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by The_ultimate View Post
          Patrick’s trainer and mentor Joseph Higgins response was equally heart wrenching: "I just wanted you to know that we do understand what you must be going thru as well. As devastated as we are, we realize you are equally devastated. We know if it was the other way around, we would be just as distraught. Thank you for your kind words. Patrick was born across the street from me, so our relationship is special. He would have wanted you to continue.
          "I'm rooting for you to reach your dream, the same one he had. God Bless your Team and we will keep you in our prayers as well. I too am distraught because I feel responsible but do realize there is no fault. Stay strong and please don't think we blame you."

I know Patrick personally as he is my wife’s first cousin and everything being said about him is spot on. Such a nice good kid. Heart breaking stuff.
          Very touching , both statements from both camps
          My prayers are with him and his family
          Just very touching
          God Bless

Comment

Hope so much he pulls through. No matter how many tragedies we get in boxing, and there have been many recently, it doesn't seem to stop the sickos on here, calling fighters cowards and wishing them damage. What a sad state of affairs.

Comment

Tough situation. This is a rough & dangerous game & everyone knows & deals with the reality that this could go down on your worst day. But idk that anyone thinks it will go down for them either in being the injured guy or the guy who did the injuring. Conwell might wanna take some time off & get his mind right before he gets back in the gym & sets another fight date.

Comment

Doesn’t sound like he’s gonna make it. So so sad. I’ve never met Patrick but by all accounts he’s a legit nice kid in a sport that is lacking in them.

Comment

Working...
                X