Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Patrick Day in Extremely Critical Condition, Remains in a Coma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... Poor, poor kid... Oh dear, dear...

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
      Whats with all these fighters going in comas lately? It seems like boxing is on a streak right now with this its like every week I'm reading about a fighter (or trainer) in a coma.

Damn.
      Boxing like other sports is starting to support more offense, thus defense is not what it used to be. Guys are taking multiple clean shots in a row. Even in this fight, the posture that Day was in before the last two shots was absolutely defenseless.

Comment

Absolutly the weight loss and dehydration has a huge part in this. The trainers need to know their fighters body make up and the affects of making a unnatural weight. There should be doctors who can use some kind of method to judge a persons make up and what is or isn't a safe weight. Its not like they are recieving contact with pads and a helmet. They are recieving bombs leveraged and with bad intentions to the brain. Yea, I think making weight unnaturally is a big cause of this. I pray for a full rcovery with Day and others in same situation. Godspeed to all wounded warriors!

Comment

Probably not the root cause, but he was hurt in the tenth by a rabbit punch(not intentional). I've boxed most of my life and the only time I actually felt brain damage was from a rabbit punch. Those are lethal. And there are guys like Spence who aim for the back of the head. Plus he hit the back of his head off the canvas to add extra damage.

Comment

Avoiding tragedy

Concussion it's mainly caused by cumulated G-force shocks. Rarely from single event. Embedded accelerometers into the glove may save lifes. Once reaching cumulated critical values, or unexpected high G-force level match should stop and go to the scorecards.

Comment

Again... we're back talking about how tragic is our sport instead of discussing how fantastic it is.
              But there might be a way to avoid these never stopping tragedies. Indeed, concussion it's mainly caused by cumulated G-force shocks. Rarely from single event. Embedded accelerometers into the glove may save lifes. Once reaching cumulated critical values, or unexpected high G-force level match should stop and go to the judges.
              I know in certain cases it can be a limitation, but it is necessary.

Comment

Come on champ I know you can pull through cause you have heart. A big heart. You never quit. So keep fighting.

Comment

He has passed away.

Just saw on Instagram.

Rest in peace. Very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    He has passed away.

Just saw on Instagram.

Rest in peace. Very sad.

Wow. Not saying you're lying but source?

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                      Wow. Not saying you're lying but source?
                      A page called Supreme Boxing. Here is a link

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3nQh1Tl...d=9tff7000sfb1

Comment

Working...
                      X