Comments Thread For: Usyk: I Will Add More Weight For Future Heavyweight Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squ□redCircle34
    replied
    He needs to focus on eating more pasta and not trying to fight Wilder or heíll get his wish and itíll be uh oh spaghetti oís when that Vibranium right hand hits him!

Leave a comment:

• Beercules
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasJK View Post
    Why not just dominate the cruiser weight division for the next few years and call it a career?!?! That is a more lucrative and viable business strategy imo. Nice win over a scrub, but against the big boys of the HW Div,...I am not convinced just yet. I’m a fan too.
    Same here. Usyk is a very good fighter but Wilder Ortiz Joshua hurt him.

Styles make fights and maybe he could beat Ruiz. Maybe.

Leave a comment:

• thabanga510
    replied
    Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
    His best assets are his foot speed, and his hand speed. The weight won't effect the hands, and 5-8 more pounds would hurt too much of his lateral movement. Now if he ballooned up to 230-240 that's different.

His skill level is worlds above most HW's. He'll do very well until he meets the elites (Wilder, Joshua, Fury, Ruiz). Actually would be his worst choice of opponents because his hand speed is equal...or better...than Usyk's.
    Quit overstating skills so much. He didn't even look world's better than Witherspoon.

Leave a comment:

• TripleB
    replied
    yeah fkn rightt. andy ruiz is gonna clobber that sucker left and right#AztecPower

Leave a comment:

• BoxingIsGreat
    replied
    I agree with Usyk here. He looked drained and dead at the weigh in. (I know there isn't a weight limit.) He might need that extra weight and strength, nevertheless, to beat better fighters than Witherspoon. Witherspoon is nondescript. Usyk looked quite average in that fight.

Leave a comment:

• REDEEMER
    replied
    Everyone questioning Usyk ability to take shots when he was wins over Joyce and Gassiev .Ha

Leave a comment:

• Fangedgrowl
    replied
    Kind of reminds me of Holyfields first fight at Heavyweight with James "Quick " Tillis. Holyfield out classed him , hit him often , Tillis basically quit as well. Holyfield was a stronger puncher and had a better chin than Usyk. Usyk is a better pure boxer though. Can Usyk carry his skills up as he gains weight.

Leave a comment:

• Fangedgrowl
    replied
    Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Make himself even slower and easier to hit, what a great idea.
    First time i ever agreed with Robbie!

Leave a comment:

• Adamsc151
    replied
    A little more weight wouldn't be too bad, but I don't think Usyk will ever be a 16st fighter. If he gets above that I can see his biggest advantages over the giant HW's of speed, timing and movement disappearing.

Leave a comment:

• Sosay
    replied
    One of my favorites but the ? Regarding taking a punch and his power are valid. Nothing in the fight proved that he can hurt a big. I need to see him vs guys that can catch him more often. At least not as slow as Witherspoon. I cant wait to see.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X